Gem drops with 8% Quality

Has anyone else been getting an unusually high number of these gem drops in Harbinger league or just after 3.0 in general? I used to get a wide range for gem quality. But now... a large number that have 8%.

Here's the rundown so far for all of the quality gems that have dropped for my in Harbinger so far...

9%: 1
8%: 20
7%: 1
6%: 1
5%: 3

In other words more than 3/4 of the quality gems that dropped for me were at 8%

Was there some change I missed in the 3.0 update notes, or is this really weird RNG? Has anyone bothered checking? I usually save them up to turn in a good number of them at one time for the recipe.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2017, 3:01:16 PM
They've been pretty spread out for me. Did you have one of those Gemcutter strongboxes that had the "items contained have X% quality? That might explain some of it. Or it's just crazy RNG! :) I seem to remember having tons of 5% gems in Legacy.
Might have gotten a gemmakers strongbox that guarentees 8% quality... right?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 15, 2017, 3:00:15 PM
"
wde97 wrote:
They've been pretty spread out for me. Did you have one of those Gemcutter strongboxes that had the "items contained have X% quality? That might explain some of it. Or it's just crazy RNG! :) I seem to remember having tons of 5% gems in Legacy.

Nope, but that's a good guess. Never ran into one of those strongboxes yet in this league. Even if somehow I completely missed it, those strongboxes always gave me only a handful of those gems in past leagues, and I have 20 with 8 quality, lol. May be crazy RNG?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Might have gotten a gemmakers shrine that guarentees 8% quality... right?

Oh, may be!! One of the shrines in the lab?

EDIT: no shrines in lab appear to have that, unless the wiki has not been updated for 3.0/3.0 beta?

I've done the lab once so far this league, and I do remember getting "Be twice blessed" twice and "Death doesn't wait" once, so a random shrine effect once, but what's a gemmaker shrine? I see it no where on the wiki?
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2017, 3:00:11 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Might have gotten a gemmakers shrine that guarentees 8% quality... right?

Oh, may be!! One of the shrines in the lab?

EDIT: no shrines in lab appear to have that, unless the wiki has not been updated for 3.0/3.0 beta?

Could have been a chest in the treasury... they act like a random strongbox and don't show their mods.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Could have been a chest in the treasury... they act like a random strongbox and don't show their mods.

Ahhh! Never knew that. Thanks! I can't remember what my loot was at the end, but that's a possibility. Still, that wouldn't equate to 20 ... if I had that many gems drops, I would have remembered it, lol.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2017, 3:01:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info