Should've buffed mobs instead of boss

Like the title says. I don't understand the buff to bosses. They already had a difficulty to them. Mobs are so easy that they just vanish with my cyclone build, but as soon as I get to the boss it's almost pointless to even kill him. I asked a friend and he said he just skips them... I know that wasn't the point but in doing so GGG, you've created less content imo.

Would've been nice for mobs to get the buff so they actually feel like T15 mobs.
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 5:30:02 PM
The gap between bosses/guardians and regular mobs is wider than ever and encourages players to gear just enough to clear the latter and totally ignore the former.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You're not wrong.
The gap is indeed worse now. Never understood the boss life increase. If they wanted bosses to be more challenging, why not increase actual challenge instead of adding more grind to the bosses?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Moving the health slider is far easier than changing boss mechanics.
Well, map bosses are optional after all. Not enough reward to justify killing them and risking 10% exp for dying. Just kill them once and ignore them forever. Path to lvl 100 is risk vs reward after all.
Raising the HP of the bosses doesn't change the bosses you can do... it just slows you down. That's the goal. Slow us down. The clear-speed meta isn't what they want. They want to make you pay (in time) for the gains you get.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Raising the HP of the bosses doesn't change the bosses you can do... it just slows you down. That's the goal. Slow us down. The clear-speed meta isn't what they want. They want to make you pay (in time) for the gains you get.

It does if you care about your experience.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

if that's the goal then buffing mobs over bosses would have been more effective. Like the thread is about.
Buffing bosses hp was a good thing. It give the feeling we had back then with D2 or the old school rpg in general when grinding bosses was meaningful. This whole expansion is about bosses at the end of the new zone, they are clearly the jewels of 3.0, they are so nicely designed they need their own attention, so all the power to them for pointing this out. The only thing that is missing is the reward to back up the time spent into killing them. For ex the excavation bosses are clearly the most difficult for any maps up to red tier, and it's not hard to understand why since excavation is a key point in the atlas. But then again the reward is pretty damn low, unless being able to go further in the atlas is the reward, but this is not how 101 psychology work, going further is the giving once completed, reward is the loot. Also they need to implement the new bosses into maps, probably have to wait for the next expansion. But int any case I personally think this is the good direction they are aiming for, aka boss killing design at the end of zones is one of the biggest aspect of old school rpg.
Last edited by Halagaz on Aug 16, 2017, 1:32:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info