[3.0] Stunlock Berserker - stun T15 bosses without totems and expensive gear (now with video)

Hey everyone! Since 2.0 I tried to make good stunlock character who can farm easy high tier maps. And now I get it.

Pros and cons
Spoiler

Pros
Stunlock t15 bosses with enfeble or monster life;
Safe and fast clear insane map mods;
Great play in groups;
Don't need uniques except 1 alc jewel.

Cons
You can kill guards, but that not be easy;
Can't kill shaper and I don't know about Uber.

How it works?
Spoiler

Take all stun threshold nodes from passive tree. Take belt with stun threshold and redblade tramplers. Use weight of empire to double damage your heavy strike. Use stun gem on 6l - stun everything in t15 maps.

Maths
Spoiler

If you have over 130k Hit damage (heavy strike/weigh of empire etc) I have more than 110 stun that mean 89.6% stun threshold.
Initial hit is 55-90k without flasks
God chosen (Palace t15 map boss) = 2492371 life - 89.6% = 259206 life 90 000*200/259206 = 69% chance to stun. With more stun duration from ruthless and passive tree we can stunlock Dominus till death
That how it work - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Stats
Spoiler

Offense without frenzy and berserk buffs. With this over 180k dps (without ruthless calculation)

Heavy strike without weight of the empire calculation

Defence

Gear you want
Spoiler

Meatgrinder or Piledriver for more stun duration and atck speed

Stun threshold belt

For more stuns

For heavy strike vacuum cleaner. Perfect - vaal vulnerability on hit version

DPS

More DPS

Double DPS

You can also use tidebreaker, but that not necessary

My gear in video
Spoiler

Last gloves for guards and stun immune maps

Best enchant

Also good option but expensive in this league

Latest gear
Spoiler

Have over 300k DPS under buffs with sunder atm and 6100k life

Tree and bandit

Gems
Spoiler

Main: sunder-multistrike-maim-melee phys-added fire-conc effect
Second: heavy strike-melee phys-ruhtless-stun-added fire-multistrike for main t14 bosses/maim for hard mod bosses
Warchief totem-melee phys-maim-faster attacks
Hatred-herald of ash-fire golem
Leap slam-faster attacks

Q/A

Spoiler

Why stun?
I love stunlock chars. You can also remove stun nodes from tree, use kaom's roots and take more life nodes. You will be stun every trash mobs but not bosses. That better choice for guards farm.
Why not warlord mark?
I prefer more damage. You stun t15 maps and don't real need it
Bad maps?
Reflect and warbands. That dudes have absurd life pools more that every t15 bosses. T12 shipyard leader have more that 3mill life, kaom from abyss have 2mill. WTF?

Video
Spoiler

Gameplay T15 Beachhead, Colosseum, Oba's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5inFkrCM30
Guide (only on rus sry) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-NVnv3ffZA

Last edited by Kursed_one on Sep 21, 2017, 2:14:42 PM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2018, 10:25:07 AM
Added stun gif and title
Added Gameplay T15 Beachhead, Colosseum, Oba's
Added link to reddit
Realy like ur guide if a little small for now.
I am playing a permastunchar myself in 3.0 and u can certainly stunlock the shaper alone.
If u can do it with elemental damage im not sure about that, with brutality pure physical damage and a little bit more investment in offensiv passives it possible.

I woud like too see how far u can push this charakter with a Tidebreaker on ur elemental setup. Gonna keep an eye on this guide :)
Hi there, i'm still new to the game, but at the moment i'm running a low budget stunning sunder berserker, is it easy to transition to your build?
"
Astraja wrote:
I am playing a permastunchar myself in 3.0 and u can certainly stunlock the shaper alone.
If u can do it with elemental damage im not sure about that, with brutality pure physical damage and a little bit more investment in offensiv passives it possible.

I woud like too see how far u can push this charakter with a Tidebreaker on ur elemental setup. Gonna keep an eye on this guide :)

To sad, Shaper have billions of hp, that very hard to stun him. I think, I need steel rings, doryani and 20q gems, and maybe it may be possible
Last edited by Kursed_one on Aug 17, 2017, 5:57:23 PM
"
spam4o wrote:
Hi there, i'm still new to the game, but at the moment i'm running a low budget stunning sunder berserker, is it easy to transition to your build?

That was my first char on this league and it's pretty easy to build it :)
"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
Astraja wrote:

To sad, Shaper have billions of hp, that very hard to stun him. I think, I need steel rings, doryani and 20q gems, and maybe it may be possible

Yeah he was a hard one. But like i said im certain that it is also possible on ur elemental setup instead of my pure phys.
But one quik queston i have for u: Why arent u using a promise? this coud give u a cheap dmg boost for the stunning?
Anyway like i said i keep a eye on this guide and if u want u can check out my charakter in harbinger AstriasStunMaster if u need any reference on the "quality" of rare gear required too be able too stun gaurdians somewhat easy and the shaper with some realy tight flask and skill usage.
"
Astraja wrote:
"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
Astraja wrote:

Yeah he was a hard one. But like i said im certain that it is also possible on ur elemental setup instead of my pure phys.
But one quik queston i have for u: Why arent u using a promise? this coud give u a cheap dmg boost for the stunning?
Anyway like i said i keep a eye on this guide and if u want u can check out my charakter in harbinger AstriasStunMaster if u need any reference on the "quality" of rare gear required too be able too stun gaurdians somewhat easy and the shaper with some realy tight flask and skill usage.

Promise is good, I switch it for more survaivability against double reflect :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info