[3.0] 9.5MIL dps Dark Pact 6 BLUE ITEMS, Guardians, Shaper, Video, Stun Immune, 9blue items T15

"
If we're going to go fantasy gear, we might as well go full fantasy:
https://pastebin.com/ifXCTK8B

I left in the OP's silly calc choices (shock, 20 wither, righteous fire) for more easy comparison to his paste. This gear gives literally double the damage (20 million DPS). Removing shock and righteous fire, and setting wither to 10 stacks brings it down to 8 million DPS. Still impressive, but of course good luck getting that gear.

Except for 90-95% of that DPS increase comes from your fantasy staff, which - if nothing else - shows the power of Hidden Potential (especially for DP builds as there are not a lot of ways to increase chaos damage)... or how ridiculous a GG staff can be.

"
VinhSama wrote:

The calculation is also misleading because you're relying on Arcane Surge on Lightning Warp. Mana cost is 53 for lightning warp, meaning you'd have to cast lightning warp 8 times to reach the 400 mana threshold to trigger the buffs for arcane surge. That's not happening, that's a huge decrease in DPS to be spamming that, and it's completely impractical. Not to mention Arcane surge only lasts 4 seconds base, or 1.64 seconds with lvl20q20 Lesser Duration gem linked as you have it. Cast rate for lightning warp is 2.51 casts per second, meaning it'd take 3.18 seconds to get a 1.64 second buff, which also takes away from time you can be spent casting DP. In reality, arcane surge buff is not going to be active, and even if it is it'll only be active for 1.64 seconds. PoB assumes Arcane Surge buff is constantly up, when in reality it will almost never be up.

Switching to Flame Dash and Increased Duration and only leveling the gem to 14 would make it possible to reach Arcane Surge with 3 quick dashes with a less than 5% dps loss, but still it's not going to be up 100% and Flame Dash - while a better GTFO movement skill - isn't as great for getting around generally.

Switching to dual Apep's would be interesting - also almost a totally different build - using Kaom's Roots and a Covenant, Cherrubim's or even Belly would be an acceptable substitute (I would think the former as getting 5 off-colors on the other two would be horrifying unless you're lucky or made of chromes). Could drop Unwavering Stance and the Staff nodes and have 2 more sockets to work with (albeit one less four link). Mana might be an issue though.

Edit: Forgot about Carcass Jack - that would be even better than Covenant.
Last edited by Heracleitus on Sep 9, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
"
Heracleitus wrote:
"
If we're going to go fantasy gear, we might as well go full fantasy:
https://pastebin.com/ifXCTK8B

I left in the OP's silly calc choices (shock, 20 wither, righteous fire) for more easy comparison to his paste. This gear gives literally double the damage (20 million DPS). Removing shock and righteous fire, and setting wither to 10 stacks brings it down to 8 million DPS. Still impressive, but of course good luck getting that gear.

Except for 90-95% of that DPS increase comes from your fantasy staff, which - if nothing else - shows the power of Hidden Potential (especially for DP builds as there are not a lot of ways to increase chaos damage)... or how ridiculous a GG staff can be.

The staff is definitely the biggest single damage increase, but it represents closer to 50% (a bit more) of the damage increase over the OP's fantasy gear. Did you remember to swap the spell echo gem when switching between them?

"
Switching to dual Apep's would be interesting - also almost a totally different build - using Kaom's Roots and a Covenant, Cherrubim's or even Belly would be an acceptable substitute (I would think the former as getting 5 off-colors on the other two would be horrifying unless you're lucky or made of chromes). Could drop Unwavering Stance and the Staff nodes and have 2 more sockets to work with (albeit one less four link). Mana might be an issue though.

Edit: Forgot about Carcass Jack - that would be even better than Covenant.

If I was going to abandon the staff + kaom's combo, it would be for dagger + shield so I could use an actually good movement ability. Lightning warp is too clunky.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Sep 10, 2017, 3:54:16 PM
"

The staff is definitely the biggest single damage increase, but it represents closer to 50% (a bit more) of the damage increase over the OP's fantasy gear. Did you remember to swap the spell echo gem when switching between them?

I did forget. There is still a difference in degree. OP's fantasy blues might cost quite a bit to craft/buy, but it would still be orders of magnitude cheaper than the rares modeled. Rares would generally be better in a lot of slots, but I think using Hidden Potential is a rather clever potential budget option.

"
If I was going to abandon the staff + kaom's combo, it would be for dagger + shield so I could use an actually good movement ability. Lightning warp is too clunky.

Dual Apep's was a budget idea. Finding a dagger-shield combo that could come close to those in DPS would be incredibly expensive, but if currency isn't an issue, sure.

I mean, if you're willing to abandon Arcane Surge completely, Leap Slam is already available to Staves. (You were probably referring to Whirling Blades, but I wonder how fast it would be without much added AS, plus I don't like how it doesn't deal with elevation changes/obstacles, but that's a personal opinion). Otherwise, Flame Dash>Faster Casting>Increased Duration>Arcane Surge could support a lvl9 Arcane Surge in a single cast, which seems like the most realistic option.
Last edited by Heracleitus on Sep 11, 2017, 2:04:20 PM
"
Heracleitus wrote:
"

I did forget. There is still a difference in degree. OP's fantasy blues might cost quite a bit to craft/buy, but it would still be orders of magnitude cheaper than the rares modeled. Rares would generally be better in a lot of slots, but I think using Hidden Potential is a rather clever potential budget option.

Yeah, as I said, fantasy gear. Hidden potential is obviously a good budget option, but the OP didn't really design it out in a budget way (kaom's heart is 300+ chaos). It also isn't a new idea, chaos builds have been doing hidden potential for a long time, because %increased chaos damage is rare on tree, and used to be rare on items too. It has become more common on items, with the addition of essences and new/changed uniques, but still a good choice if you can make the resists work (helping Alira instead of taking 2 passives helps with this, and is fine for damage too).

I was only taking issue with the OP's "best gear end game" setup. Clearly hidden potential and blue items don't represent the best gear, we can get double the damage with GG rares. Some slots it doesn't even cost that much to beat a blue. You don't need an essence craft ammy, a rare with spell damage and crit multi is good enough to beat a blue, 10-20 chaos maybe.

"
I mean, if you're willing to abandon Arcane Surge completely, Leap Slam is already available to Staves. (You were probably referring to Whirling Blades, but I wonder how fast it would be without much added AS, plus I don't like how it doesn't deal with elevation changes/obstacles, but that's a personal opinion). Otherwise, Flame Dash>Faster Casting>Increased Duration>Arcane Surge could support a lvl9 Arcane Surge in a single cast, which seems like the most realistic option.

I was referring to shield charge. Since it scales with both movement speed and attack speed it is pretty easy to make it faster than whirling blades. It is unquestionably the best movement ability in the game in terms of travel speed.

As for leap slam with pledge of hands... yikes. That's slow as balls. It isn't just about not having added AS, it is the base weapon speed, which is 1.25 for pledge of hands. You could have brightbeaks on swap of course for traveling long distances, but for combat re-positioning leap slam with a pledge of hands and no attack speed is worse than lightning warp even.

Speaking of arcane surge, I don't have it on my lightning warp anyway. Much more important to get swift affliction in there to speed up the LW. I put arcane surge on orb of storms on a swap pair of gloves just for bosses. For mapping I use:

Obviously lose a little damage not having a blue, but mapping is all about movement.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Sep 12, 2017, 10:53:45 PM
Would be great if u can post lvleing tree
Cheers
Would be great if u can post lvleing tree
Cheers
Nice clickbait 9.5m dps

Obviously just real dps is not even 1/3 of that.
Just my two cents,
sold a +1 frenzy biscos and had some currency to play with, switched from Engineering Eternity DP guide to this for fun and for the amount of currency needed to roll everything from scratch (and managing to not struggle with res) the DPS is considerably lower.
Just rolling T1 life and res on every single piece of gear will take lots of chaos, not to talk about a tri-res belt which is mandatory to get capped.
Idea is cool but given the cost definetly not worth it.
I'd rather do this much damage to shaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_QlOv0tu1w

Your damage in the video is not even close to 9.5 million, let alone 2 million shaper dps. Much clickbait.
I'm currently working on skeleton-casted Dark Pact concept so I started searching another DP builds to compare the DPS. When I saw title of your build I felt like my build is not going to be that strong amongst another DP ones. But then I saw your Phoenix and Shaper video and I was like wtf? Where is that 9.5mln dps? I have downloaded your PoB and read some comments and people are right about your dps. It should be considered for around 2mln even with fantasy gear.

Taking down Shaper 1st phase took you about 27 seconds not considering minion phase. I took him down in about 7-8 seconds with my DP build and I have only 2mln-2.5mln dps. It's almost 4 times faster than you. And I don't even have optimized gear. I don't even have lvl 21 gems. So how much dps should I mention in my build guide? 30 million? 40 Million? You managed to take down Phoenix in 56 seconds. I took him down in 10 seconds but we can say you could just have some debiliating mods resulting in longer fight.

I appreciate you put much effort to make this build. But i think you should remove 9.5mln dps mention from a title because it's unreal and misleading.
Last edited by brant09081992 on Nov 8, 2017, 1:15:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info