TRAPPERS ARE BACK! // VicPagani's Sire of Shards Ball Lightning Trapper

Hey! This build is not meant to newer players, but if you're eager for a super pretty (and laggy) build, this one might be for you!

I love traps, but recently traps felt super clunky and underwhelming compared to most other types of builds. Mainly in the "clearspeed" factor. Trappers ALWAYS had HUGE damage. With some rare exceptions, they always have the highest base damage of all.

Trappers had (mostly still have) a single problem:

Trap Cooldown

But then, we got this now:

This new item, alongside these nodes:
-Trap Damage and Cooldown Recovery
-Hasty Reconstruction
-Chain Reaction (Saboteur Ascendancy node)

-And assuming a 29~30% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed for throwing Traps on your Tinkerskin, you have roughly 2 seconds cooldown for recovering traps, down from 4 base seconds on the Trap Support Skill Gem.

You can add the new Harbinger belt, for an extra 15~20% Cooldown Reduction (that works for Trap Recovery):

There's also Trap Cooldown Support skill gem but I don't use it on my build. With that, you get 1,5 seconds cooldown.

I've been playing my trapper and had NO PROBLEMS with clearspeed up to tier 13 maps! I'm pretty sure I can also gear up to kill Guardians and Shaper, will update with videos if so!

I love memebuilds, so I ended up making something with a super weird mechanic, since that's the thing I love the most in this game!

I LOVE this item. I also LOVE Ball Lightning (I know I'm weird). Ball Lightning on Traps is super bad, but as a nova it feels amazing, and clears like a monster.

Let's keep this simple.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hoowl
THE CHARACTER NAME IS "ThisOneIsNotAsMemey"
pleasedon'tlaughatmycharacternames

Here's the level 100 skill tree, in case you don't use Path of Building:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYDAQSzBx4I9A5IES0Rlho4G8gc3CL0JpUnLypTLJwtqDIYMtE2PTcXOthCLEVHRXxFnUZxRtdJT0lRSbFLV1MxU1JUR1VLWfNd8mHiYk9irGSqZlRnTmjyajZqQ2wLbIxtGW93b55wUXGFcg92b3yDfrB_xoKbgwmFMoV7jDaPGpBVkyeVLpctl5eaO5rgm4adqp7EoHmhL6IApr6xQrGQsnCzA7QMtDi0xbd1vKq86r6AvorAZsDjwcXJBspKytPMt8_d1S7VddWm1r7Xz9hU2rnb5-Fz44TlGejV6-7sGOw47TzuFe-I8B_w1fGK8bP2n_k3-_U=

Here's the level 100 Skill Tree, for Path of Building:
http://poeurl.com/bsyg

You can pick nodes in any order you want as you level, to be honest. I didn't help any of the bandits, they don't give anything of much substance to this build (and to most builds, to be honest).

ATTENTION

You need at least a 4 linked Sire of Shards, with 3 "offcolors" in it to play this build.

Your Links, in order of importance:
-Ball Lightning
-Trap Support
-Cluster Traps Support
-Slower Projectiles Support
-Controlled Destruction Support (5L)
-Lightning Penetration Support (6L)

I started playing with a 5L and currently I'm trying to 6L another Sire of Shards, for my 6L and endgame mapping. You should use https://siveran.github.io/calc.html Vorici Chromatic Calculator to see how many Chromatic Orbs you'll need in average. If you're lazy, here are the best options:

4L Sire of Shards:
3 Green Sockets + 1 Blue Socket

Vorici 3G - 120 Chromatics per try - Average cost of 264 Chromatics - 45% Success Chance

5L Sire of Shards:
3 Green Sockets + 2 Blue Sockets

Vorici 1G - 4 Chromatics per try - Average cost of 373 Chromatics - 1% Success Chance

6L Sire of Shards:
3 Green Sockets + 3 Blue Sockets

Vorici 1G - 4 Chromatics per try - Average cost of 494 Chromatics - 0,8% Success Chance

Yup, it's a bit hard to get the colors right.

You can start playing as a trapper as soon as you have the three I mentioned before:
-Trap Damage and Cooldown Recovery
-Hasty Reconstruction
-Chain Reaction

This means Cruel labyrinth. Level 44 at minimum, though you probably can't solo lab at level 44 because of Izaro oneshotting you.

Before that, you can play any kind of Spellcaster, with some Fire Traps to help. After level 49, you get Sire of Shards and you can use Ball Lightning. After level 68 and Tinkerskin, you'll be ready for mapping like a boss.

Endgame gear is simple. 75% elemental resistances and life. If you can, add Elemental, Lightning and Trap Damage to your gear. Same to jewels.

If you guys feel interested, I may post some videos of me clearing maps.

Last edited by HowlingSlayer on Aug 15, 2017, 2:28:51 PM
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2017, 1:02:51 PM
Seems like a fun build and i'll surely give it a shot. Maybe iam missing it but i would like to know which bandits you choosed.(I guess its alira ?)
Cheers, looking forward to any updates/content regarding this build
"
Mank_the_Spy wrote:
Seems like a fun build and i'll surely give it a shot. Maybe iam missing it but i would like to know which bandits you choosed.(I guess its alira ?)
Cheers, looking forward to any updates/content regarding this build

Kraityn gives nothing but movement speed, Alira gives resists and mana regen, oak gives 3 little bits of defenses... none of them are good, in my opinion. I opted for two more points instead. Going to add that to the post as well
Would love to see a video of this build in action!
yes i want a video too!
IGN: MinimaLSUXXX
Hey what tier maps and bosses can you clear with this build ?

Also would see video if possible :D
Were you able to kill guardians ? I am playing this build so far so good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info