[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

900 alts, 2 ex and 10c later. Finally crafted something neat. Shot for Pen & extra cold but that was going to take forever. Max ES= red headed stepchild :(

Great build.
I used it as a starter this league, playing selfound until lvl 90.

I cleared everything deathless including Shaper/Uber Atziri with Brightbeak, Bisco's Collar and Ventor's (~66k path of building dps).

Bought these two items yesterday
everything is really easy now :D .
Last edited by Freredacier on Dec 25, 2017, 8:07:53 PM
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
Sysygy wrote:
I have a couple of dumb questions I'm hoping somebody can explain to me:

1. Is it really necessary to have nodes for up to +1 additional remote mine placed at a time? I feel like this doesn't provide much benefit as I usually don't reach maximum mine stacks placed before spell totem blows them all up. But am I missing something here?

+1 additional remote mine gives insane dps for precisely the reason you stated. Instead of detonating 3 mines at a time per placement, your spell totem is now detonating 4 mines at a time, which increases your dps by 33%. This is a huge benefit when you are unable to shotgun bosses in a single 10 mine placement.

Also makes mapping smoother.

I understand how the "Place an Additional Mine" helm mod increases your DPS as you lay 4 mines instead of just 3 mines and instantly blow them up.

But what I'm asking is how beneficial are the tree nodes that say "Can have up to +1 additional remote mine placed at a time." These nodes don't seem like they increase dps because I never reach a 10 stack of mines, except for the rare situation where you are pre-laying mines for a boss spawn. Those points seem expendable given our spell totem is constantly pulsing?
IGN: Ezee_mode
"
Sysygy wrote:
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
Sysygy wrote:
I have a couple of dumb questions I'm hoping somebody can explain to me:

1. Is it really necessary to have nodes for up to +1 additional remote mine placed at a time? I feel like this doesn't provide much benefit as I usually don't reach maximum mine stacks placed before spell totem blows them all up. But am I missing something here?

+1 additional remote mine gives insane dps for precisely the reason you stated. Instead of detonating 3 mines at a time per placement, your spell totem is now detonating 4 mines at a time, which increases your dps by 33%. This is a huge benefit when you are unable to shotgun bosses in a single 10 mine placement.

Also makes mapping smoother.

I understand how the "Place an Additional Mine" helm mod increases your DPS as you lay 4 mines instead of just 3 mines and instantly blow them up.

But what I'm asking is how beneficial are the tree nodes that say "Can have up to +1 additional remote mine placed at a time." These nodes don't seem like they increase dps because I never reach a 10 stack of mines, except for the rare situation where you are pre-laying mines for a boss spawn. Those points seem expendable given our spell totem is constantly pulsing?

Oh gotcha.

I think of it more for bosses where you get a bit of setup time. Elder/Guardians/Shaper, weird vaal robot, Izaro, etc. I also don't think those nodes are standalone +1 remote mine nodes, but I might be misremembering.
what's the purpose of having detonate mines on a CWDT set-up and a Spell Totem set-up?
Cause when u active Vaal Clarity and use Spell totem with detonate mines u can spam mines and insta blow up :) Faster killin bosses, abyssus holes etc.
Confirmed best build evah for THoGM !!!!!

First deathless complete!
(Balefire Opal Scepter needed for some boss)
what's the best glove lab enchant, for bosses/mapping/def?

i personally like commandment of winter, shoots a huge iceball into creeps if they attack me which also freezes/chills them usually. but imo it is more of a defensive enchant.

is there anything other thats useful for us? we can make us of our elemental/cold damage?
Last edited by FamousAzzkicker on Dec 26, 2017, 5:59:18 AM
"
Freredacier wrote:
Great build.
I used it as a starter this league, playing selfound until lvl 90.

I cleared everything deathless including Shaper/Uber Atziri with Brightbeak, Bisco's Collar and Ventor's (~66k path of building dps).

Bought these two items yesterday
everything is really easy now :D .

How much dps does a dagger like that add without spell damage on it?
Probably around 70% more damage just from that dagger. Gain as extra mods are realy good for a pure phys (initially) spell like gc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info