[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

ok so we re ready? i can't see any GC nerf, only this:
Glacial Cascade's effect now fades out, rather than popping out.

<3
I was sure theres no way surviving nerf hammer, holy shit. XD im actually laughing out loud.
Yes a bit sad :p , no dmg buff/nerf but huge surv buff :p
All in one service, master craft and boss service
Master Craft Service in SYNTHESIS SC. My IGN: ephlios
Free Maps/Challenges/Shaper/Breachlords/Guardians/Uberlab/Atziri service
Main and vouch thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975446
[img]https://i.imgur.com/e1OVgsf.gif[/img]
Started the game with Abyss league and loved it. Tried several builds and only discovered this GC miner build very late into the league with which I fell in love with. Thanks for all the fun for Windz and every other contributer through the many pages of the thread. Now that the patch notes are out and no nerfs to GC, I intend to make this my league starter for the beastiary.

I would like to hear your opinions about how it feels to level this as a fresh league starter without any leveling items. My experience is skewed because I was already decked out with jewels and other uniques when I leveled my character in abyss. My plan is to play a bit tomorrow to make a solid plan.

My main concern is the starting levels 1-28 before getting GC gem
- I used freezing pulse 1-12, but it felt extremely slow and inefficient
- After 12, I switched to lightning trap and fire nova mine, but I had Tabula and both of them were fully supported, so I am thinking I was obviously way stronger than a fresh league start.
- After 28, an +1 cold gems dagger provided enough damage for everything, up to lvl 45. Then I started using a 5-link tremor rod (6 with the staff remote mine mod).
- I am thinking the tremor rod itself is not that good, as it prevents you from using a proper movement skill, but it still carried me upto t6 maps, and level 70.
- Then I did some shopping, including a 6-link carcass jack, insanity gloves, a non-shaper spell dagger and some other decent items, which instantly carried me to t13-14 maps.
- With luck, crafted a dual extra element/multi-mod spell dagger and did shaper at lvl83-84, easiest kill of my short PoE life :)
- Got boosted for all 4 labs, at around 50-55 by a friend, so I dont know how Lab feels at their respective levels.

Questions:
1) Any alternatives for leveling 1-12 and 12-28? I will be leveling with a party of 4, so probably gonna end up being carried.
2) Anyone tried out how a 3-link +1 cold gem dagger works for finishing the story and early mapping t1-6?
3) Do you think tremor rod is worth it for a) leveling b) early mapping?
- I am thinking yes for leveling as movement is mostly done through multiple quicksilvers and no for mapping.

This post has been much longer than I anticipated, would love to see some leveling discussion carried out for the new league.

Last edited by alpish on Feb 28, 2018, 4:29:13 PM
"
alpish wrote:
Started the game with Abyss league and loved it. Tried several builds and only discovered this GC miner build very late into the league with which I fell in love with. Thanks for all the fun for Windz and every other contributer through the many pages of the thread. Now that the patch notes are out and no nerfs to GC, I intend to make this my league starter for the beastiary.

I would like to hear your opinions about how it feels to level this as a fresh league starter without any leveling items. My experience is skewed because I was already decked out with jewels and other uniques when I leveled my character in abyss. My plan is to play a bit tomorrow to make a solid plan.

My main concern is the starting levels 1-28 before getting GC gem
- I used freezing pulse 1-12, but it felt extremely slow and inefficient
- After 12, I switched to lightning trap and fire nova mine, but I had Tabula and both of them were fully supported, so I am thinking I was obviously way stronger than a fresh league start.
- After 28, an +1 cold gems dagger provided enough damage for everything, up to lvl 45. Then I started using a 5-link tremor rod (6 with the staff remote mine mod).
- I am thinking the tremor rod itself is not that good, as it prevents you from using a proper movement skill, but it still carried me upto t6 maps, and level 70.
- Then I did some shopping, including a 6-link carcass jack, insanity gloves, a non-shaper spell dagger and some other decent items, which instantly carried me to t13-14 maps.
- With luck, crafted a dual extra element/multi-mod spell dagger and did shaper at lvl83-84, easiest kill of my short PoE life :)
- Got boosted for all 4 labs, at around 50-55 by a friend, so I dont know how Lab feels at their respective levels.

Questions:
1) Any alternatives for leveling 1-12 and 12-28? I will be leveling with a party of 4, so probably gonna end up being carried.
2) Anyone tried out how a 3-link +1 cold gem dagger works for finishing the story and early mapping t1-6?
3) Do you think tremor rod is worth it for a) leveling b) early mapping?
- I am thinking yes for leveling as movement is mostly done through multiple quicksilvers and no for mapping.

This post has been much longer than I anticipated, would love to see some leveling discussion carried out for the new league.

get tremor rod as fast as u can :) otherwise 1-12 use fire trap+freeze pulse there's nothing faster for those lvls 12-28 fire nova mine or light traps
If you start new league as I do(from the first minute and up for 14 hours) then tremor rod would cost around 1ex at the time you can equip it. I might try a 1h scepter with 6 supports(bitterdream i think) someone here wrote as uber budget.

BTW what do you think about reworked HoA? it now trigger overkill from spells. Though can't say that this build needs more aoe dmg than it has now
Last edited by nemisoi on Feb 28, 2018, 6:04:11 PM
"
nemisoi wrote:
If you start new league as I do(from the first minute and up for 14 hours) then tremor rod would cost around 1ex at the time you can equip it. I might try a 1h scepter with 6 supports(bitterdream i think) someone here wrote as uber budget.

BTW what do you think about reworked HoA? it now trigger overkill from spells. Though can't say that this build needs more aoe dmg than it has now

hoa overkill won't work with non self cast/attack but still gives a good dmg boost
20% cap on life regen total or 20% separate caps for mines and traps? Latter seems a bit op so I was assuming the former.
I feel like this is the only miner (doesnt even need to be GC really whatever can 1 hit everything OPness so i can do all content if i see fit easy) that i can find without searching the forum

I watched one of the vids and looked like you couldnt even kill a rare mob with a cast of gc but then ive seen other vids where people are 1 hitting shaper somehow...

Can this really do all content? (people said VD poets pens could to but i failed to do chay/shaper yesterday on std on mine... didnt try uber 4tits also couldnt do red tier elder at all) because im thinking of using this build for either league starter or after i get my block build to 90...ish since i know my block build will not be able to do high end content
"
chrisdupree wrote:
20% cap on life regen total or 20% separate caps for mines and traps? Latter seems a bit op so I was assuming the former.

20% life regen from mines stack on top of your innate regen including stone golem.

Last edited by windz on Feb 28, 2018, 8:01:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info