[3.0] Dark Pact Zerker - Farm shaper/guardian deathless (VIDEO) - Great clear speed

"
Ritchey92 wrote:
I dont see how this is a good boss build, seems great for speed clearing maps though.

There are numerous videos showing the contrary. Its Guardian /Sharper viable.
Ive been following your guide and I just made the transition at level 75. While setting everything up I was looking at DPS tooltip, which wasn't very high. "It will increase when I set the jewels up". So I did, bought 5 jewels and put them in their sockets... and the DPS was lower than the previous one used for levelling, Sunder.

Then I jumped into a map, right clicked and everything died. It really came as a surprise. I guess you were right when you said not to look at the numbers that much but at what the builds actually accomplish. I was levelling at tier 2-3 maps with Sunder and after the transition I jumped straight into tier 6-7, which are cleared much faster than I was clearing Oasis (not shaped) before lol. The feeling of the build is great, you move fast, you kill fast, its all so smooth.

Bosses are still tricky though. So far I can just facetank and hold down right-click and Ill leech back whatever damage they do, but that son of a bitch at the shaped beach fucks me up. Idk if its the freeze or what but Ive had to portal out a couple of times.

I also have to do uberlab to get the 40% damage bonus. It shouldn't be too hard considering I facetanked Merc Izaro and his conduits and shit.

All in all, thanks for the build. It really is looking great so far.
"
RobJordan wrote:
looking at DPS tooltip, which wasn't very high.

DPS isn't accurate in character sheet. It rarely is and is usually MUCH higher than displayed there.
This build is really far from what I expected, in both good or pejorative ways.

After 2 days and a little of currency invested (around 350c) I'm level 88 with 6.5k hp, I'm running shaped T10-12 with a Brightbeak and getting 190-230 mil xp per hour. Even with a brightbeak I one shot every pack, I'm very much less tanky than expected tho, bosses can be a bitch if they don't savage hit you.

I ran a Minotaur (I removed the brightbeak for this ofc) with a few bitch mods on it earlier and it was slow, I even died a couple of times (you cast so fast that if you dont have a target for a couple of seconds you will litteraly rek yourself due to the lack of leech).

I also ran a shaper afterwards, it was utterly garbage, the damage is so low it makes the fight last forever. I know I'm still short around 150-200 strength on gear and I don't have % life affixes on a couple of my jewels, but even if I invest more to get the lacking strength all my calculations tell me that the increase in damage won't be enough to make the runs smooth.

The one thing that triggers me is that I am unable to understand how to significantly boost my damage, the margin for improvement on gear (outside of more hp) is very limited. Or maybe there is just something I didn't get about the whole concept.

The other thing is the lack of good flasks for the build, flasks are so strong in poe yet this one doesnt fully benefit from any I could think of.

In conclusion, this build is an insanely good map clearer: get a brightbeak, blood rage, a silver and a quicksilver flasks you will just teleport around one shotting everything (I even kill map bosses with brightbeak and inc area of effect).
Or you can use the Doon Cuebiyari, this will make you hit significantly harder but then the shield charge feels really slow without essence gloves and a shit mousespeed.

This build is good, a very great clear speed as advertised. But not at all cheap (and I bought the gear VERY early) unless you consider 9-10 ex of investment for a mediocre gear cheap. The fact that the build relies on so many jewels (which are very expensive) just makes it not cheap.
I believe it also is as advertised a good (but slow) guadian farmer, but it lacks the damage to be a very efficient shaper farmer.

PS: if anyone can share the allmighty secret to single target damage with this build before the 20 wither stacks (which will be impossible to sustain 100% of the time on most endgame bosses), I'll gladly appreciate.
Last edited by Winkq on Aug 18, 2017, 9:07:16 PM
"
Winkq wrote:

PS: if anyone can share the allmighty secret to single target damage with this build before the 20 wither stacks (which will be impossible to sustain 100% of the time on most endgame bosses), I'll gladly appreciate.

I would like to see this also. I started this build yesterday and am going to transition to DP today probably around lvl 75ish. Some of the feedback makes me think the build is risky in terms of killing everything. But then again, it seems as if some people are not getting their strength up to really use the gloves in the build.
Nice build.
I have a question, is CWDT + IC just to create a time window so that you can leech life back if you take s hard hit?
Uber down at 76, damage sky rockets with Aspect of Carnage. I'm going a different route with the build but following the thread and appreciating the OP's comments and efforts. My gear atm at 76, 817 strength atm:
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 19, 2017, 6:40:43 PM
Last edited by andreskim on Aug 19, 2017, 6:39:53 PM
Hi im lvl 81, ive cleared uber but do still die in uber lab. I see you're running life leech.

Do you think that helps with the facetanking and avoiding death?

im currently at 5.4k hp, also use atziri flask as well but sometimes i still do end up dying to map bosses (Especially the ones that have double bosses. When facetanking both they usually end up killing me)

my profile should be public and ign is PactSavage

any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by andreskim on Aug 19, 2017, 6:38:05 PM
Hi andreskim
I'm at 7532hp. It makes a huge difference. With 5400hp you are in danger of being one shotted in labs. Jsut keep scaling and get better gear. (our?) build scales wonderfully. Even a 10 strength node on the way to hp% is a dps increase, more health is more damage and of course is a larger buffer for one shots.
You need much better life rolls and try to overcap resists for ele weakness maps. I honestly mean no offence but anything with 30 life is vender fodder.
Also your gloves are a bad -26% reduced spell dmg roll. You want a -1 or -2%.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 19, 2017, 8:06:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info