GEFORCE NOW : Mac Cloud Gaming!

"
GeForce NOW connects you to a high-performance GeForce® GTX PC in the cloud, turning your Mac into a powerful gaming rig. Install your PC games onto our cloud PCs and play them at max settings with smooth frame rates.

I've been experimenting with Geforce Now for the mac client. I'm currently in beta phase and I can safely say you are able to stream PoE via stream with this service. I've supplied a screenshot showing the quality of the stream. Keep in mind the only issue is the mouse latency which i can compare to playing with a wireless unit. Other than that, you cannot tell the difference at all!

FPS is great seeing the cloud machines are equipped with the Tesla architecture. This is very promising for the future of gaming on the go given you have solid internet connect. If you are interested in this offer, go ahead and sign up for the access today!

Ingame screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/MxsU2EI.jpg

Beta access signup: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/

Recent Patch Notes:

The extremely popular survival shooter, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (Steam), is now a supported in-app title on our service, along with these new games:
• Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Steam)
• Rise of the Tomb Raider™ (Steam)
• Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III (Steam)
• Unturned (Steam)
• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Steam)
• Warframe (Steam)
• Argo (Steam)
• DiRT 4 (Steam)
• 7 Days to Die (Steam)
• Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Steam)
• The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ (Steam)
• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Steam)
Plus, the latest update to the GeForce NOW app added the following features:

1) New User Interface: Makes it easy to see all of GeForce NOW’s supported games under “All Games” and just the games you own, and have installed onto your GeForce NOW cloud gaming computer, under “My Library”.

2) Improved Streaming Resolution: Now we match the native resolution of your display, up to 1920x1200. And we support the 16:10 aspect ratio, which eliminates black bars. This greatly improves the experience on MacBooks, such as the MacBook Air, to increase resolution to 1440x900.

3) Network Test Tool: Quickly assesses your network and helps you optimize it for GeForce NOW for Mac. You can access the Network Test tool by clicking on your username in the upper right and selecting it from the drop-down menu. You can access the Network Test tool by clicking on your username in the upper right and selecting it from the drop-down menu.

4) Increased Playtime: We doubled the time limit for each play session to four hours. GeForce NOW remains free during the beta and there is no limit to the number of times you play or your total amount of play time. If you reach the four-hour session limit, you can quit and restart your game to get another four-hours of play time.
Last edited by papparrian on Aug 13, 2017, 7:33:35 PM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2018, 1:14:25 PM
While this is great for Mac users, its extremely painful without a decent default loot filter as there is no way to add one yourself.

I don't consider GeForce NOW a viable way to play for Mac users currently. Keep dual booting until this is fixed.
Last edited by SundialX on Dec 19, 2017, 9:00:54 PM
Bumping this as I am also trying to play PoE on my Macbook Air.
It seems like I'm able to play but I still haven't figured out how to use an item filter
Players gonna play play play, GGG gonna nerf nerf nerf
If u have a 2000$ mac you can build a 500$ gaming pc and outperform that 2000$ mac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info