[Dead after 3.0] Facetanker Frost Blades Berserker - Budget, Beginner Friendly [Detailed Guide]

Rolled this in HSC on xbox, got a Terminus at 58 & melted everything. Now i want to re-roll it in HC & i can't find a Terminus on market... 5 days into my search, lol. Amazing build 10/10
"
gavinJ wrote:
Your post is so well organised and easy to understand.

I went into this game at September and your build is my second try.

My first character is blade flurry Berserker. I followed the lead of another 'Budget' post and end up with out the 6-L Belly of the beast.
(I have fused it about 200 times and it seems like impossible). So I go with the bringer of rain helmet.(for it is pseudo 6L) Besides that, all the jewels, flasks, boots(Death's Door Crusader Boots) are actually very budget unfriendly. Now that character is lv 87, straggling with Tire.10 maps. I haven't done the uber lab yet. And I don't think I will. I know that build is great and almost can do any thing. I was so disappointed since I can't recreate it. It was my fault because as a beginner I didn't know how much those unique gears cost at all.

Now I just began my second character with your build '冰霜剑士' and hopefully I could work this out.
I was touched by your effort of writing all those details and explanation. Thank you for sharing this great build.

非常感谢~ 让我重新拾起打这款游戏的兴趣~

Thanks for the kind words, mate.

What you described ends up being a common problem. There are lots of great builds out there that end up costing a fair amount. This isn't a problem if you know what you're doing, but can end up being bad for newer players.

You shouldn't have this problem here. The build will of course get faster and better the more currency you spend, but even with the basics it should work well. And since we don't really need a Belly of the Beast, you can get a much cheaper 6-linked chest (or even stay on a 5-link - it works alright as well, just a bit slower).

Also, one thing to note, since you mentioned having spent 200 fuses on a belly and that "it seemed impossible". The average for getting a 6-link through fuse spamming is around 1000-1200 fuses. Last league I've spent more than 3k to 6-link my weapon. This league I've spent 800 fuses on a chest I wanted to link (for another character). So yes, it is quite hard to do.

"
Saevan wrote:
This is my 4th build this league. Starter was a ancestral totem build, then a FB raider, and then a whispering ice berserker.

The raider clears very fast (despite sub optimal gear), and dies regularly to bosses. The whispering ice laughs at bosses, but plods through the rest of the map. So far (at 55) this guy seems like the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the build.

When I first looked at the Frost Blades skill, my plan was to just follow someone's else guide for a Raider, as it seemed nice. But I was a bit tired of mowing through maps and then dying to bosses. Had already done that last league. That's why I ended up going a different route.

I've never played a whispering ice char, so I'm not entirely sure how these compare to my build, but from looking around I'd say you'll probably end with a char that does significantly better than each of your previous builds in what they did badly, but slightly worse on what they do well. A Raider will be faster on general mapping (specially if dual wielding Touch of Anguish), but I think my build has a much higher survivability on bosses. The whispering ice seems to kill bosses faster (we're a bit slow on that, though we don't die, it just takes a while to get them down), but we should be faster for general mapping.

I hope the build delivers what you're expecting :)

"
acidytrips wrote:
Rolled this in HSC on xbox, got a Terminus at 58 & melted everything. Now i want to re-roll it in HC & i can't find a Terminus on market... 5 days into my search, lol. Amazing build 10/10

Damn, that is quite unlucky. The Terminus is a quite common drop, but the combination of xbox (where there's already less trading stuff) with HC might have been too much. I hope you can find one soon.

Glad you liked the build :)
Chris Wilson took my soul
Haha, i'll get it.. hopefully. Either way this build and guide is amazing, was running t7's with reflects & low leech in terrible ssf gear on my sc, not even res capped. not bad for a fresh 70 in a 4L. Keep it up, hoping to use this next league too
Last edited by acidytrips on Sep 18, 2017, 5:57:28 PM
I'm really loving this build, man! But 1 chaos for a Terminus Est? Hardly. I'm watching the trade page and nothing with good rolls comes in near that. The most recent is a 3L (2G1R) with only 228% phys but 68% crit, and it's 5 chaos!
Last edited by AzUther on Sep 20, 2017, 10:35:51 PM
"
acidytrips wrote:
Haha, i'll get it.. hopefully. Either way this build and guide is amazing, was running t7's with reflects & low leech in terrible ssf gear on my sc, not even res capped. not bad for a fresh 70 in a 4L. Keep it up, hoping to use this next league too

Well, I wish you luck on your search. And thanks for the kind word :)

"
AzUther wrote:
I'm really loving this build, man! But 1 chaos for a Terminus Est? Hardly. I'm watching the trade page and nothing with good rolls comes in near that. The most recent is a 3L (2G1R) with only 228% phys but 68% crit, and it's 5 chaos!

I'm glad you like it. As for the Terminus sword, it indeed seems like people became a bit more aware of the value of it's rolls. Getting a well rolled one right now seems slightly harder than when the guide was written.

Still, you can find it for less than 5 chaos (specially because we do not need one with a near-perfect crit roll). I've just now searched on poe.trade for a Terminus with at least 255% increased physical damage, and there's one for 1 chaos (255/50) and one for 2 fusings (256/66).

Also, live search is your friend. When I bought mine, I just set up the search on poe.trade and went on with leveling. When I found a good sword, I bought it - got a 260/65 Terminus for 1 alch this way. Was way before I hit the needed level to use it, but I just kept it in my stash until I could use.

Unless you're talking about xbox, in which case I really can't help much. The economy on xbox seems to be quite different from PC. If that is the case, I'm afraid you'll have to discover for yourself how much things cost.
Hi I think I found a great website, much better than poe trade. https://poeapp.com/ try this out.

Btw I want to know that about the gems level, besides immortal call and cast when damage taken, I found it's hard for me upgrade the gems level. I am at lv79 right now. Is there any alternative way besides add passive point on intelligence point? Please forgive my english.

Update: I think I don't need to worry about it now(got it from amulet and ring).

New question: the which gem you prefer? Critical strikes support or critical damage support

Thank you.
Last edited by gavinJ on Sep 22, 2017, 5:26:52 PM
"
DanutMS wrote:

"
AzUther wrote:

I'm glad you like it. As for the Terminus sword, it indeed seems like people became a bit more aware of the value of it's rolls. Getting a well rolled one right now seems slightly harder than when the guide was written.

Still, you can find it for less than 5 chaos (specially because we do not need one with a near-perfect crit roll). I've just now searched on poe.trade for a Terminus with at least 255% increased physical damage, and there's one for 1 chaos (255/50) and one for 2 fusings (256/66).

Also, live search is your friend. When I bought mine, I just set up the search on poe.trade and went on with leveling. When I found a good sword, I bought it - got a 260/65 Terminus for 1 alch this way. Was way before I hit the needed level to use it, but I just kept it in my stash until I could use.

Unless you're talking about xbox, in which case I really can't help much. The economy on xbox seems to be quite different from PC. If that is the case, I'm afraid you'll have to discover for yourself how much things cost.

Nope, not on Xbox. I did eventually get an unided 3S 2L for an alch that ended up with 242/52. I do use the live notificaiton. I'll turn it on again in a few levels (I'm lvl 56 now) to find a better rolled one. Even this piece of crap was a huge boost to clearing zones.
"
gavinJ wrote:
Hi I think I found a great website, much better than poe trade. https://poeapp.com/ try this out.

Btw I want to know that about the gems level, besides immortal call and cast when damage taken, I found it's hard for me upgrade the gems level. I am at lv79 right now. Is there any alternative way besides add passive point on intelligence point? Please forgive my english.

Update: I think I don't need to worry about it now(got it from amulet and ring).

New question: the which gem you prefer? Critical strikes support or critical damage support

Thank you.

Critical damage support is significantly better than critical strikes. Just get yourself a Diamond Flask if you don't have any, that should help a lot with critical strike chance. Using the critical strike chance gem isn't worth it.

As for the stat requirements, the best way is getting it from gear, yes.

"
AzUther wrote:

Nope, not on Xbox. I did eventually get an unided 3S 2L for an alch that ended up with 242/52. I do use the live notificaiton. I'll turn it on again in a few levels (I'm lvl 56 now) to find a better rolled one. Even this piece of crap was a huge boost to clearing zones.

Yeah, you should really get a Terminus asap, even if a bad one. It's much better than any other weapon we could be using at that point.
"
DanutMS wrote:

"
AzUther wrote:

Yeah, you should really get a Terminus asap, even if a bad one. It's much better than any other weapon we could be using at that point.

Like I said, I did.... 3s 2l with 242/52. And I love it. Now I'm saving up for a better one. I have my 4 socket Frost Blades set up on my helm for now. Once I get a good Terminus, I'll move it on to there (or work to tweak the sockets...). Any thoughts on what I should hold out for? Should I save up for a 6l, or grab a 6s5l, or something even lower, as long as it's got 260/65 or so?

PS.... lvl 66, 3.3k life, 6.2k dps, 121 intelligence.
Last edited by AzUther on Sep 24, 2017, 5:17:58 PM
"
AzUther wrote:

Like I said, I did.... 3s 2l with 242/52. And I love it. Now I'm saving up for a better one. I have my 4 socket Frost Blades set up on my helm for now. Once I get a good Terminus, I'll move it on to there (or work to tweak the sockets...). Any thoughts on what I should hold out for? Should I save up for a 6l, or grab a 6s5l, or something even lower, as long as it's got 260/65 or so?

PS.... lvl 66, 3.3k life, 6.2k dps, 121 intelligence.

Unless you're using a Kaom's Heart, get your links on your chest. It's cheaper to get a 5 or 6-linked chest than a 5 or 6-linked Terminus. And this allows you to focus on getting a good roll on your Terminus.

You can probably get a 6-linked chest with decent life for 20 chaos or so. A 6-linked Terminus starts at 6 exalts right now.

So if you don't have a Kaom's Heart, just buy yourself a rare chest. A 6-linked one if you can afford. If you can't, go for a 5-link, then swap it for a 6-link later on. And look for a Terminus Est with a good roll, without looking into it's sockets/links.

If you do have a Kaom's Heart, then the best option probably is to buy the best rolled Terminus you can afford (once more, without looking at sockets and such) and the Jeweller's Touch prophecy (gives you a 5-link, costs around 30 chaos).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info