[3.1] Raider - Ice Shot/Barrage / Everything Viable / 1 Week in League / Awesome Swag

"
cypherusuh wrote:
I'm not sure what item I should change
my barrage 5L tooltip only 12k on hideout
the only keystone I haven't took is heartseeker for crit multi
pls help

Spoiler

- Lvl up, ur only 81. So you can get more damage nodes.
- Fully lvl and quality your gems
- Go for a 6-link
- Don't use phys to lightning gem in barrage setup. That s probably the least usefull gem, since we're harldy scaling phys damage. Replace for Added Cold gem. For reference, my 6L setup with Added Cold gem gives 5.07Mil Shaper dps. If I replace Added Cold with PtL, I go down to 4.18Mil, so about 900k less dps (close to 20% less).
- Get Dying Sun for the 2 more projectiles
- Get more damage on gear, like Gripped gloves with attack speed, Ele damage with attacks on rings.
- Get a Lioneye's Fall jewel, put above Acrobatics keystone, and spec into the claw nodes above. Big dps boost.

For more reference, you can check out my char and tree. (YeahThisWillDoJustFine)
Last edited by Fritso on Oct 4, 2017, 5:44:54 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
cypherusuh wrote:
I'm not sure what item I should change
my barrage 5L tooltip only 12k on hideout
the only keystone I haven't took is heartseeker for crit multi
pls help

Spoiler

- Lvl up, ur only 81. So you can get more damage nodes.
- Fully lvl and quality your gems
- Go for a 6-link
- Don't use phys to lightning gem in barrage setup. That s probably the least usefull gem, since we're harldy scaling phys damage. Replace for Added Cold gem. For reference, my 6L setup with Added Cold gem gives 5.07Mil Shaper dps. If I replace Added Cold with PtL, I go down to 4.18Mil, so about 900k less dps (close to 20% less).
- Get Dying Sun for the 2 more projectiles
- Get more damage on gear, like Gripped gloves with attack speed, Ele damage with attacks on rings.
- Get a Lioneye's Fall jewel, put above Acrobatics keystone, and spec into the claw nodes above. Big dps boost.

For more reference, you can check out my char and tree. (YeahThisWillDoJustFine)

actually now I'm importing my character again, it has 1.9m DPS with flask active
I think it's close with Thread Starter stats, just need the quality and I could get 2m DPS

for the ring, should I used Diamond Ring or Opal Ring as the base?

also for that chin sol 6 Added cold damage, is that actually works with barrage?
Last edited by cypherusuh on Oct 4, 2017, 11:59:16 AM
"
cypherusuh wrote:

actually now I'm importing my character again, it has 1.9m DPS with flask active
I think it's close with Thread Starter stats, just need the quality and I could get 2m DPS

for the ring, should I used Diamond Ring or Opal Ring as the base?

also for that chin sol 6 Added cold damage, is that actually works with barrage?

Opal or Diamond is very good.

Added Cold dmaage gem works perfectly well with Barrage. Just like Ice Bite it adds flat cold dmg which scales with all projectile/cold/elemental damage from tree, jewels, and skill gems.
I need help, I know I'm only level 83 but I really feel like my damage is pretty low. Could anyone take a look at my profile and see if I'm doing anything wrong? I would really appreciate it!

Last edited by Xaydeen on Oct 5, 2017, 4:43:19 AM
"
Xaydeen wrote:
I need help, I know I'm only level 83 but I really feel like my damage is pretty low. Could anyone take a look at my profile and see if I'm doing anything wrong? I would really appreciate it!

What feels low? Your barrage, or Ice Shot?

According to PoB you have about 1.7m Shaper dps, which is pretty substantial.
Thing of note though, your resistances are not properly balanced for wise oak flask. Your fire res is much higher than the rest.

Also please quality your Chin Sol ;-)
Last edited by Fritso on Oct 5, 2017, 5:44:46 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

Thing of note though, your resistances are not properly balanced for wise oak flask. Your fire res is much higher than the rest.

1.7m really? Wow I probably have no idea how to use PoB then.

Mainly my barrage feels low, I think? Maybe I'm just expecting too much because it takes me longer than I'd hoped for to kill the boss of Shaped Spider Forest.

How do I balance out my resistances properly, since using dying sun increases my fire resistance by 50%? But as a raider, I don't have it up all the time too. How do you go about balancing your resistances?

Anyways, what else can I do to improve(besides my 0 quality Chin Sol :D)?

Last edited by Xaydeen on Oct 5, 2017, 8:17:17 AM
"
Xaydeen wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

1.7m really? Wow I probably have no idea how to use PoB then.

Mainly my barrage feels low, I think? Maybe I'm just expecting too much because it takes me longer than I'd hoped for to kill the boss of Shaped Spider Forest.

How do I balance out my resistances properly, since using dying sun increases my fire resistance by 50%? But as a raider, I don't have it up all the time too. How do you go about balancing your resistances?

Anyways, what else can I do to improve(besides my 0 quality Chin Sol :D)?

Just make sure your fire res is at least 50% lower than ur cold. That's what I did. I'm at 49 fire res without flasks, and 114% cold res.

My advise would be to lvl up, and get all your gems to at least 20/20. Feel free to look at my char, and compare gear.

Also, I recorded a Minotaur run of my Ice Shot/Barrage character which currently is lvl 97 with 5.07m Shaped dps. Just in case anyone is interested. 3 sec to kill Minotaur isn't bad ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5wLye98bo&t=1s

Last edited by Fritso on Oct 5, 2017, 10:35:22 AM
Hey guys,

thanks for the active commenting and interest in the build.
I appreciate how u help each other, since I'm semi-afk all the time.

Also true that there is potentially a better DPS-Setup for the PhysToLight/EleFocus setup in Barrage.
Will look into it, but u are figuring out stuff pretty well already :P

"
@maestro
your build is now famous...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3UwNUcBi8

What a thief this guy is.. :D

Keep on Iceshotting!
Outdated:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955346 // IceShot Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1755526 // OccCIReave
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164453 // MF_Party_Culler
"
Fritso wrote:

Just make sure your fire res is at least 50% lower than ur cold. That's what I did. I'm at 49 fire res without flasks, and 114% cold res.

My advise would be to lvl up, and get all your gems to at least 20/20. Feel free to look at my char, and compare gear.

Also, I recorded a Minotaur run of my Ice Shot/Barrage character which currently is lvl 97 with 5.07m Shaped dps. Just in case anyone is interested. 3 sec to kill Minotaur isn't bad ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5wLye98bo&t=1s

Wow that minotaur kill is sick! I'll try leveling my character further and maybe get some 21/20 gems and see if I'll ever get that much damage :D

Thanks a lot for helping me out so much! I appreciate it, makes me want to work on this build even more. I'll update again when I'm 90 or so. :)
Would you consider a rigwalds quiver for mapping?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info