GOTTA GO FAST™ Frostblades Raider [ EZ 3.0 Starter | 100k dps + | Sonic Approved ]

Sadly, I'm gonna burst the bubble on the creator of this build and on any potential players thinking on getting in on this build.

For starters, if you're a NEW player, don't even think about stepping half a step close to this build. It's cheap in the beginning and can be made cheap all the way to level 60+, but at some point you'll have to pay for that 380% queen of the forest or both dreamfeathers which are expensive af for any new player.

That's beside everything else in the late-game build which isn't exactly incredibly cheap.

The build looks and FEELS nice. Gattling gunning mobs is a very satisfactory feeling. But eventually (and this'll happen to a lot of people) mobs will start shredding the shit out of you with their regular spells. This is even moreso for bosses, which drop a massive AOE and destroy your health bar.

Believe me I tried to do something about this, The Wise Oak for the resistances I was missing, same with rings and gloves/boots that gave me loads of resistances. But here I am, level 70, struggling with T1/T2 maps, getting one-shot by anything and everything. It's incredibly frustrating to run and kite, and if anything goes wrong, that is-- lag for just an instant, or an ailment? You're dead. It's even worse for Harbinger mobs that summon bosses and creeps, you hit for a moment, dash to the side, but the creeps eventually manage to hit you with something that takes down your health entirely.

I ran a variation of this build that I was given on youtube, it seemed legit and it FELT legit until I started noticing how I was struggling even before Act 9 to clear maps and some Gods. It isn't much different from this build.

I hope it works for the people really interested and want to invest on this build, but for me it was just a mixed bag that got really sour at the end. Waiting on my friends to level their tanks so we can map together, that way I can somehow be relevant.
Hey man i following this build, however i have 651 mana and i can't activate all the auras at the same time. Is this meant to be like this? or am i supposed to interchange them?
"
Dragonheat wrote:
Sadly, I'm gonna burst the bubble on the creator of this build and on any potential players thinking on getting in on this build...

I'm not sure what you may have done wrong in building your character, if you set your profile to public I could be of more help. I had zero issues clearing up into tier 6-8 with an auromvorax and a ~3c yellow foil. I'm currently farming corrupted abyss with a 5c queen. You don't need a queen, and you don't need dreamfeathers either.

"
Zittis wrote:
Hey man i following this build, however i have 651 mana and i can't activate all the auras at the same time. Is this meant to be like this? or am i supposed to interchange them?

I believe you contacted me in game and I resolved your issue there, cheers.
Too. Much. Clutter.
"
Dragonheat wrote:
Sadly, I'm gonna burst the bubble on the creator of this build and on any potential players thinking on getting in on this build.

For starters, if you're a NEW player, don't even think about stepping half a step close to this build. It's cheap in the beginning and can be made cheap all the way to level 60+, but at some point you'll have to pay for that 380% queen of the forest or both dreamfeathers which are expensive af for any new player.

That's beside everything else in the late-game build which isn't exactly incredibly cheap.

I run a variation of this build and it works fine, just cleared a double boss abyss (t15) without much issue. Thing is you shouldn't expect to clear bosses easily with it as it's a frostblade build after all. But mapping super fast, that it can do. OP never said it was a do all build, only that it was fast. Having said that, being alert enough to dodge things with whirling blades is a must. Definitely not HC viable.

That said, There are two main issues with this build, damage and survivability.

1) It doesn't scale well due to a lack of crit. Even without much crit on my gear POB is reporting better returns by going crit nodes instead of more phys/elemental damage. This can be corrected by switching to TOA and going crit. You lose the whole scale with evasion flavour, but it will be A LOT stronger overall, not to mention the chain from TOA.

Side note, dreamfeathers were< 10c last I checked. Qotf is like 1c, and even ssf players have no issue s5 linking.

2) Survivability, as with all evasion builds without kaom's/belly is a problem. That I don't think can be fixed and is imo the major limiting factor. Being able to dodge stuff with whirling blades is a must, and keeping the evasion flask and fortify up in combat is essential. Spells are going to one shot you. No shame in skipping certain bosses.

It is REALLY fun zooming across the map and destroying mobs though!
Last edited by excaian on Aug 19, 2017, 8:29:26 AM
"
excaian wrote:
Spells are going to one shot you.

Taking phase acro helps a lot if spells are you giving you trouble.
Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Aug 19, 2017, 1:36:11 PM
Well, I might've gone overboard on the post. I posted it on a rant because I had hit a stump after reaching maps. I'm a returning player but I'm still a major noob.

"
2) Survivability, as with all evasion builds without kaom's/belly is a problem. That I don't think can be fixed and is imo the major limiting factor. Being able to dodge stuff with whirling blades is a must, and keeping the evasion flask and fortify up in combat is essential. Spells are going to one shot you. No shame in skipping certain bosses.

I re-assigned points in my tree for defense and added fortify with whirling/immortal call on hit for survivability and found some cheap items for my resistances, and that helped a lot to mediate the one-shots and impossibility of mapping that I was having.

I still get one-shot sometimes by certain spells or elemental reflects if I'm not careful. But it isn't at the rate of during my first post.

"
Side note, dreamfeathers were< 10c last I checked. Qotf is like 1c, and even ssf players have no issue s5 linking.

The reason I said that late-game items are costly is because you usually don't pick out the items with the worst rolls, you try to pick or browse the ones with the best and try to find a happy medium. That goes for 380% Qotf and the good Dreamfeathers that have 23% AS and up to 80 added physical without max quality.

"
I'm not sure what you may have done wrong in building your character, if you set your profile to public I could be of more help. I had zero issues clearing up into tier 6-8 with an auromvorax and a ~3c yellow foil. I'm currently farming corrupted abyss with a 5c queen. You don't need a queen, and you don't need dreamfeathers either.

https://pastebin.com/djab94Cf This is the build I'm running. Albeit a little differently since I'm not at the end yet.

I made my characters public so you can observe my build and give me feedback, I would really love to improve and reach higher tiers with it..
"
Dragonheat wrote:
I made my characters public so you can observe my build and give me feedback, I would really love to improve and reach higher tiers with it..

• The most glaring issue I see is your lack of life, you should be aiming for 5k-6k at least. Allocate more life nodes and get life on your jewelry and other gear, you cannot afford to have yellow gear without life on it.
  • Ensure your resists are all capped at 75% as well, or you will certainly get 1 shot. Resists are more important than life against map level mobs.
  • Your gear looks good aside from lacking life, just try to upgrade those Scaevas when you can.
    You absolutely need to drop that granite flask and hybrid flask, go Stibnite and maybe an Atziri's promise.
  • Get increased evasion roll on your Jade, and a seething role on your life flask. The smoke cloud from Stibnite makes it nearly impossible for you to get hit by a melee attack.
Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Aug 19, 2017, 5:19:24 PM
"
Dragonheat wrote:
Well, I might've gone overboard on the post. I posted it on a rant because I had hit a stump after reaching maps. I'm a returning player but I'm still a major noob.

No worries, I hit a roadblock in my previous build too, I know how you feel. we're all still learning anyways!

"
Dragonheat wrote:
I re-assigned points in my tree for defense and added fortify with whirling/immortal call on hit for survivability and found some cheap items for my resistances, and that helped a lot to mediate the one-shots and impossibility of mapping that I was having.

You can try adding Frostbomb to CWDT for a bit more added damage, or Temporal Chains for a more defensive option. IMPORTANT: Leave CWDT and all linked gems at level 1 (except increased duration)

"
Dragonheat wrote:
I still get one-shot sometimes by certain spells or elemental reflects if I'm not careful. But it isn't at the rate of during my first post.

Did you take enough leech nodes? I don't even check for reflect anymore, it's alch and go 95% of the time. The only mods this build can't seem to do are Cannot leech types, which are rare.

"
Dragonheat wrote:
The reason I said that late-game items are costly is because you usually don't pick out the items with the worst rolls, you try to pick or browse the ones with the best and try to find a happy medium. That goes for 380% Qotf and the good Dreamfeathers that have 23% AS and up to 80 added physical without max quality.

A sub par QOTF and Dreamfeathers are better than none. You're after the unique effect afterall. Invest in cheap ones, farm quickly then upgrade when you have currency. Either way you can get a pair of Dreamfeathers and 3.7k eva QOTF for <25c (5L the QOTF yourself)

I noticed you prioritized offensive stats on your jewellery. For now just go for 2 resists and life every piece until you can afford better gear. Remember, not dying = levelling faster. Every level gives you about 50 life and another passive.

You won't be killing shaper or guardians with this build, but mapping up to T15 should be fine with some investment.

EDIT: Looked through your profile, some quick (cheap) optimizations you can do

1) CWDT and linked gems at level 1 (except increased duration). Try TC or Frostbomb for 4th link
2) Get a evasion+ES base gloves/boots. Orb of Storms -> Ice Herald -> Curse on hit -> Frostbite
3) Try to fit Ancestral Warchief -> Vaal haste -> Increase duration somewhere
4) Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify -> Blood magic (Optional, mostly QOL)
5) Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Bloodmagic/Fortify (Leap past gaps/elevations. Again, QOL)
Last edited by excaian on Aug 21, 2017, 10:10:32 AM
This build works for me, the only difference is that I skipped all the physical nodes, instead go for the flat cold dmg. Dreamfeather is probably the best build for the league starters. I have been played a week, and now is getting lv90. I regularly farm the map between lv10=lv13 with my 5 link Queen of the forest, and run the uber aziri easily (around 15 minutes every run). I will try guardian and shaper when I got my 6L Queen of the forest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info