GOTTA GO FAST™ Frostblades Raider [ EZ 3.0 Starter | 100k dps + | Sonic Approved ]

Severed in Sleep is like 50+ chaos in Harbinger right now :)

"Cheap leveling unique"
"
Kajean wrote:
These build posts are basically worthless without a stream vod or video. Work on that before making a build guide IMO. Why should anyone invest time and currency in a build that they can't even see how it actually plays? Maybe your definition of "sonic" speed is total garbage for someone else. We don't know.

Video of Uber Lab uploaded. I know I suck at lab so keep it in your pants this time.

"
oshy89 wrote:
Severed in Sleep is like 50+ chaos in Harbinger right now :)

"Cheap leveling unique"

I meant to say Chitus' Needle, my appolgies post has been fixed accordingly.
Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Aug 16, 2017, 3:36:46 AM
I've just started following your build, do you have any advice on what to go for first in your passives as you level?

Thanks for sharing. It seems like a good build for the league starter. However I don't think it's nessecary to stack physical dmg neither using Hatred

Dream Feather DPH:=143 physical dmg
Added cold mamage support (lv20)=212 cold dmg
Ice bite (lv20, 7 frenzy) =219 cold dmg

The flat physical damage only take 25% of the total. I would rather stack attack speed.
"
Razyni wrote:
I've just started following your build, do you have any advice on what to go for first in your passives as you level?

Life nodes and Winter Spirit, then Acro and your ele damage nodes. Get your Fight for Survival jewels running as soon as you can.
Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Aug 16, 2017, 10:13:29 PM
"
allforone999 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It seems like a good build for the league starter. However I don't think it's nessecary to stack physical dmg neither using Hatred

The flat physical damage only take 25% of the total. I would rather stack attack speed.

Grace + HoI loses about 6000 dps, HoI + Hated loses about 2000 dps. Thats not even considered the loss of Grace.
Too. Much. Clutter.
What would you say its the highest tier maps this build could run?
"
lazerpickle wrote:
"
allforone999 wrote:

Grace + HoI loses about 6000 dps, HoI + Hated loses about 2000 dps. Thats not even considered the loss of Grace.

This is my comparison:

Suppose dreamfleather is the only physical dmg source

Hatred (flat base dmg)= 143*0.36=51.48
cost: 50% Mana Reservation

HOI (flat base dmg)=47;
385 (AOE DMG);
can link to curse;
Provide 15% Increase cold damage

cost: 25% Reservation

The HOI outperforms Hatred obviously. If we stack flat physical dmg from gear then the hatred can deal more damage, however we can stack much more flat cold dmg from the gear.

By all means this build should a elemental build, instead of physical build. Thins like adding # physical dmg, or incrase % physical damage are not worth to be invested.
"
Zittis wrote:
What would you say its the highest tier maps this build could run?

Tier 15.
"
allforone999 wrote:
This is my comparison:

Suppose dreamfleather is the only physical dmg source

Hatred (flat base dmg)= 143*0.36=51.48
cost: 50% Mana Reservation

HOI (flat base dmg)=47;
385 (AOE DMG);
can link to curse;
Provide 15% Increase cold damage

cost: 25% Reservation

The HOI outperforms Hatred obviously. If we stack flat physical dmg from gear then the hatred can deal more damage, however we can stack much more flat cold dmg from the gear.

By all means this build should a elemental build, instead of physical build. Thins like adding # physical dmg, or incrase % physical damage are not worth to be invested.

Hatred will almost always be more damage than HoI, I barely have any added phys from gear and this is still the case. I've tested it in game multiple times with different gear configurations. If you want to keep arguing unfounded results with no in game testing or Path of Building to back it up, you can PM me instead of spamming the comments with this nonsense. Also your math is wrong. Feel free to run Herald of Ice and Discipline for all I care, I made this post to help new players find a starting point, not to argue about what is best in every given permutation of the build.
Too. Much. Clutter.
Last edited by lazerpickle on Aug 17, 2017, 3:38:00 PM
I agree that hatred has more signle target damage than HOI. But how much? I tested on my character, which has similar gear as you suggested. The DPS with (grace+hatred) after taking flask is 28698, with (grace+hoi)=27404. Very little difference. Both gem is lv 18, 0 quality. Do you think it's worth to invest 25% more mana reservation on 5% dps? Not even mention HOI has good AOE explosion, which is so usefull on clearing the pack, especially in Breach.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info