[3.0] Tempest's Binding KB Pathfinder | All 4 Guardians & Shaper in 12 Minutes | Fastest Mapper

Awesome build - now i'm completely broke though.

Last edited by tMShubar on Nov 1, 2017, 4:42:42 AM
Hello 1st i want to say thanks so much for the awesome build, but im at a stop point dont know wat i should upgraded anymore =( , my KB dmg in H/O is around 30k max and barrage 30k please help !!!
Here's my gears....

Last edited by aznking79 on Nov 3, 2017, 4:20:42 PM
"
aznking79 wrote:
Hello 1st i want to say thanks so much for the awesome build, but im at a stop point dont know wat i should upgraded anymore =( , my KB dmg in H/O is around 30k max and barrage 30k please help !!!
Here's my gears....

There is 2 types of upgrades for your stuff.
1. Minor changes that will help you to rebalance your char for a reasonnable amount of currency :

- Chosing between a vaal gems setup (Vaal breach + grace + haste + summon skel) in a +2 vaal gems level Thunderfist VS a VPS setup in a +1 gem Thunderfist. Here you are missing the CWDT setup. Like this you will upgrade one thing we are realy missing in this build : your EHP.
- Geting some key gem to level 21 : Added Lightning dmg in your barrage setup will be the most expensive one ; Wrath, and I would suggest you to sell your enlighten lvl 4 and buy an Empower 4. An enlighten 3 still do a great job even without the +1 of esh mirror.
- Enlighten isn't mandatory. It just give us more flexibility in mana management. You can easily switch it with Portal gem if you want. On boss or on map with the map mods "cannot regen life/mana/es", play with enlighten (even if you can do it without it).

2. Major and expensiv changes (can cost you a bunch of exalt) :
- Get an Attacks version of Vinktar. Penetration version is cool, but it does not give as much as dps than the attacks version ;
- Getting or DIYS a Culling Strike Piscator with base stat near as good as the one you are playing (but I think you already are working on this atm) ;
- Buy or DIYS a +1 Esh Mirror in order to put your Wrath + Empower gem setup ;
- Try to get an amulet with only Crit Multi and WED as base stats. A T2 Crit Multi should lower the price to a more affordable range. Your amulet is realy cool, but you are missing the Master craft Crit Chance mods because of the str. Or buy one already done, if you have something like 10+ex.
- Change your boots for one with something like : 8x+life / dual or tri 40+ res / 25+ move and space for Master crafted WED mods. You can try to annul yours, but it will be a risky business.
- Last but not least, the +2 Barrage enchant ;
- For minimaxing you can try to craft an opal multicrafted mods with T1 flat light + T1 WED as a base (typicaly a essence of Torment crafted one with a bunch of luck on the annulement part). Otherwise, do not consider it as a reasonable upgrade while it's a 50+ex ring base.

Rest is just geting some 21/20 gems for your barrage and KB setups and minmaxing the rest of your stuff (rerolling unique for better stats rolls, etc.)
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 5, 2017, 3:47:34 AM
I loved playing this build this league. Labbing also was easy peasy. I'll most likely do Shaper and maybe attempt Uber Atziri before it finishes. Just need to get another Tempest's Binding with a +2 barrage. Here is my farming gear. I have a headhunter also but this is what I use mainly for labbing and not getting 1 shot by Izaro.

Spoiler

Last edited by Nahsik on Nov 11, 2017, 11:19:50 PM
Just starting this build and looking for upgrades for my gears/gems/jewel etc, if you are quitting/selling in package for discounted price feel free to offer me in game/message, paying in ex. Priority are all gems (except barrage, slower projectile, KB), boots, rings, jewels, +1 shield/wand, flasks.

Any budget options of all the BIS gear?

Would like to try this in the current race....never playd KB but looks damn fun. :)
This build can't be realy played in the Mayhem race because of the absence of Harbinger. And this build is based on Tempest Binding in order to have a 6L KB.

You can find many other guide for wander KB/Barrage in Ranger section.

But to answer your question ...
For a budget option :

- Weapon : random piscator or a rare wand with as much flat light dmg to Attacks ;
- Shield : Lycosidae might be the wisest choice for building flexibility (you don't have to care about accuracy which can make the stuffing harder, specialy on ring/amu slots), but you can go for Esh or a rare high eva shiled with life / res.
- Helm : Starkonja or Rat's Nest are clearly BiS. I would go for Rat's Nest for the single target while we should not have any problem with KB. A rare helm with life/res should do the job for an ultra budget version ;
- Chest : Any rare 6 Link. Or at least a Tabula. A 5L QotF should do the job, but imo 6L > to QotF stats while it's 50% more dmg in our single target setup (just my opinion) ;
- Gloves : Thunderfist or Rare gloves with life / res ;
- Boots : Rare with life / 25+ move / res ;
- Belt : Rare leather or heavy belt with life / res / wed ;
- Rings : Diamond ring with T1 flat light to attacks dmg and 1 with T1-2 Wed (you add flat light with master craft). Any res & life you can find would be great ;
- Amu ; WED / Crit multi & chance (add flat light to attacks with master craft).

This should do the job for mapping.

The tree should be slightly modified while it can be hard to find some Inspired Learning jewels.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 25, 2017, 9:48:37 AM

I have a few questions with this build, I've POB both Wand's Guide and this one (passives/jewels/items) and I don't understand a few things.

1) Piscator's is a dps loss over a decent rare wand (Mine was 6 ex prob got a decent deal though)

2) Losing Lycosidae is a dps loss without compensating accuracy, which will cost a lot of exalts to get on opals; unless you're running a AS/Accuracy/Life Rare its a dps loss to sub lyco out

3) Why HH over the The Retch? The Retch with pathfinder ascendancy is pretty ridiculous for MS and Damage, also costs about 1/5 on harbinger and 1/6 the price on Standard

4) Why do so many builds run QoTF over Belly? You lose ~500 life, resists are roughly the same, and after PoB the movement speed bonus from evasion rating (which is low on most items anyways [i.e Tempest, Shield, Boots/Gloves]) isn't any different (I gain 1% subbing in a perfect evasion roll QoTF). Not to mention evasion is a crappy stat for most map mods anyways

I'm trying to understand how this build (which imo demands a pretty steep amount of currency) is better than the gear/build I'm running, given that there's less Movement Speed (~8% via POB without the retch) and Dps is basically the same (superior via Wand's POB).

For reference, this gear in total ran me about ~20 ex or so (excluding the retch)
Last edited by Cøpe on Nov 25, 2017, 7:40:33 PM
please make a leveling guide for this build?
are there chances to this build to be viable in 3.1 with minor changes? I like this build and I just got all the items just before this league ends. I'd love to play this build on standard if it's still viable.

Question: What jewels to use instead of inspired learning since you've got Headhunter? I don't see the point of them if you have HH.
Last edited by Angelsergiuboy on Dec 2, 2017, 7:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info