[3.0] Tempest's Binding KB Pathfinder | All 4 Guardians & Shaper in 12 Minutes | Fastest Mapper

This is my current league starting character for Harbinger and it can farm all the endgame content relatively quickly and effectively. I wanted an all-rounder character this league and this one fits the bill pretty nicely I think.

This Kinetic Blast Pathfinder build is so disgustingly fast you can farm any T11-T16 map with relative ease, generating massive amounts of currency through the sheer speed and IIR/IIQ on the gear. It shreds through massively sextant T15 Shaped Courtyards with full sextants slapped on em with a single click of the mouse.

Gotta go fast, boys.

Update: Currently Level 100 + New Gem/Gear setup for Guardians & Shaper

If you're 98+ and want to see my tree, just click on my profile, I changed around some points and got an extra jewel slot and stuff, if you're not level 99 or 100, I don't recommend changing the tree around to match my current one

This is the original version that came before CuteDog and Zizaran's versions of the build, since they are streamers - obviously the cost of the gear has gone up.

Videos (NEW):
Spoiler

Make sure you set quality to 720p manually, Vid.me is kinda weird.

Full Build:

All 4 Guardians Deleted + Shaper downed in 12 minutes total, no edits, no cuts.
https://vid.me/RBXFR

Gear: (Finished)
Spoiler

-- Extra IIQ/IIR --

I do not recommend using Sadima's and Goldwyrms if you are lacking damage or clear speed in any way. If you can one-shot rares with them, then you can use them, if you can't, then don't.

Also do not EVER use Ventor's.

-- Ring I used from 99 to 100 --

-- Flasks --
The rolls on these are very important because you're a Pathfinder.

Level 97 Tree:

Stats:
Spoiler
Health: 5600+ and VP
Evade: 73%
Spell Dodge: 16% with Steps (0% without)
Block: 25%
Crit Chance: 42% Unbuffed (with 3 Power Charges this is pretty close to 89% crit, which gives us an effective crit chance of 99% with Diamond Flask up)
Crit Multi: 330% Unbuffed
Chance to Hit: 92%
Damage:
No Flasks: Barrage 56.5K Tooltip, Kinetic Blast 48K Tooltip
PoB Shaper DPS: 5.2M - 5 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges, 9 Projectile Barrage & Vinktar Shock
With Vaal Breach stacks & Headhunter buffs: From 7M - 25+M
Resists: 84/76/84

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill all of the bandits for Eramir's Favour, +2 Skill Points

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Nature's Boon > Master Alchemist > Veteran Bowyer > Nature's Adrenaline

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Yugul & Brine King for Guardians or Lunaris for mapping

Links:
Spoiler
Wand: Cast When Damage Taken -> Ice Golem -> Immortal Call
Gloves: Vaal Power Siphon -> Fork or Vaal Breach -> Chain -> WED
or Gloves: Vaal Grace -> Vaal Haste -> Vaal Breach -> Vaal Summon Skeletons for Shaper
Boots: Herald of Ice -> Curse on Hit -> Assassin's Mark -> Onslaught
6L: Barrage -> Lightning Penetration -> Slower Proj -> WED -> Added Lightning Damage -> Elemental Focus
Helm: Kinetic Blast -> Pierce -> GMP -> WED
Shield: Wrath -> Enlighten -> Empower

Flasks:
Spoiler
The rolls on these are very important because you're a Pathfinder.

Alchemist's for the 25% increased effect to get extra Evasion which gives us movement speed,
and as well on the Quicksilver for extra movement speed.
Ample with +20 on the Diamond Flask(s) are necessary for you to be able to use them THREE times.

Jewels:
Spoiler
* A %Life/Damage/IAS/Crit Multi Jewel
or
Sacrificial Harvest -> VPS Setup to get 30% chance to generate a soul

* Conqueror's Potency -> to get the extra +1 Projectile from Dying Sun flask effect which increases your DPS by a lot
or
Chill of Corruption -> 50% chance to generate a soul when you shatter an enemy, you HAVE to replace Conqueror's Potency to go full map mode setup because the +1 Projectile messes up VPS targeting!

* Inspired Learning x2 -> We get two of these for stealing two mods from rares for a Headhunter effect

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
* Insanely fast clear speed
* High IIQ/IIR give you good returns on time spent mapping
* Leveling/budget wander gear is incredibly cheap until you get key pieces and still functions
* T16 Guardian + All Maps viable

Cons:
* Endgame gear is insanely expensive (think hundreds of exalts)
* Leveling is incredibly difficult without currency
* Can be squishy if you face tank the wrong thing. 9K ES CI Wander PF don't exist anymore, so don't play this like one.

Path of Building:

The way the build works is by generating power and frenzy charges through the new insane Harbinger league helm, The Tempest's Binding, which effectively gives your Kinetic Blast a 6L with no drawback.

Innervate gives you a huge damage boost, working similarly to Esh's Mirror, and also in conjunction to it as we're using it in the build too. The Ice Bite generates both frenzy and power charges through Herald of Ice's CoH + Assassin's Mark setup, as well as autobombing the entire screen with one click.

You can opt out of using Bisco's Collar for a good rare amulet, but I'd recommend using it as it the cost of the final build ramps up quite heavily, and Bisco's definitely helps out.

Thunderfists adds a lot of raw power and damage, which in turn result in more survivability with Vinktars, Leech passives, and Vaal Pact.

Esh's Mirror, same thing, and you can stack it in the boss room with Vaal Breach.

Atziri's Step is just a good defensive boot. I didn't need resist there but you can use a rare if you want in this slot. It's up to you.

Piscator is better than a 5 Ex wand and you can get them for like 5 chaos.

Last edited by Arkuza on Jan 7, 2020, 3:01:38 AM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2018, 7:56:08 PM
Looks really solid but i wonder about the shield choice, on paper it seems great DPS but i think it's overkill for clearing and you can't really get good use from it on bosses since their adds don't have the numbers for it

Compared to Lycosidae it severely drops down your effective crit chance

That's a pretty sick Ruby ring right there though :D
IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:
Looks really solid but i wonder about the shield choice, on paper it seems great DPS but i think it's overkill for clearing and you can't really get good use from it on bosses since their adds don't have the numbers for it

Compared to Lycosidae it severely drops down your effective crit chance

That's a pretty sick Ruby ring right there though :D

The build currently has 92% chance to hit with around 3000 accuracy so I wouldn't really benefit too much from the shield, if anything I could probably get more accuracy on my left ring if I really needed it, Esh's provides me with an insane DPS boost in conjunction to the innervation buff, they stack really hard, it also has more health than Lyco as well as providing me with up to 40 lightning resists and shock reflection, so it adds more survivability.

Yeah I got it for 2 Ex early in the league :P
Since that helm is pretty expensive is there a helm to sub, until one could afford it?
"
Since that helm is pretty expensive is there a helm to sub, until one could afford it?

What I did was use a Starkonja's Head, although a Rat's Nest would probably be way better.

Just use your Kinetic Blast in your until you can afford the helm.

This is what I did and there is probably a better way.
Got this yesterday =)
Last edited by SpiderHulk007 on Aug 14, 2017, 7:02:20 AM
I want to play this Build too, but would like to have a passive tree leveling guide, what to go first while leveling
please, need help with leveling, using bows+tornado shot at lvl 55 and i died like 100 times :(
I found lightning arrow to be much better than tornado shot for the purposes of leveling this build. I transitioned into a Twyzel wand around level 40ish. It's a bit tough at first, but with decent gear, it's not bad at all. I got bloodcoil rings x 2 and a prismweave, all of which can be bought for 1 alch each (even basically perfect rolls). These 3 add a ton of dps to your kinetic blast and barrage.

For the leveling process, I rushed to the duelist area for proj dmg and life, then up to the wand nodes and it has done well for me.

Lastly, use Blasphemy + Poacher's Mark or Assassin's Mark to help with life and mana gain on hit/kill. That's probably the biggest boost for me. I even linked them to an AoE gem to help with the radius at first. Now I'm transitioning into the CoH + Herald of Ice + Assassin's Mark + onslaught link setup.

Great build thus far!
"

Rat's Nest is pretty cheap (around 10-20C usually?) and is BiS for DPS until you can afford Tempest, Starkonja exists also, and is a much more defensive option but still providing good damage and you can get them for around a chaos.
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
I found lightning arrow to be much better than tornado shot for the purposes of leveling this build. I transitioned into a Twyzel wand around level 40ish. It's a bit tough at first, but with decent gear, it's not bad at all. I got bloodcoil rings x 2 and a prismweave, all of which can be bought for 1 alch each (even basically perfect rolls). These 3 add a ton of dps to your kinetic blast and barrage.

For the leveling process, I rushed to the duelist area for proj dmg and life, then up to the wand nodes and it has done well for me.

Lastly, use Blasphemy + Poacher's Mark or Assassin's Mark to help with life and mana gain on hit/kill. That's probably the biggest boost for me. I even linked them to an AoE gem to help with the radius at first. Now I'm transitioning into the CoH + Herald of Ice + Assassin's Mark + onslaught link setup.

Great build thus far!

Nice, the way I leveled was by suiciding my face into everything until I got to maps, your plan seems better :^)

"
arthur1744 wrote:
please, need help with leveling, using bows+tornado shot at lvl 55 and i died like 100 times :(

Same, you can use Obliteration (1 chaos) though and switch to Kinetic Blast if you want to start wanding, I used wands from mid 30s with a Twyzel
Last edited by Arkuza on Aug 14, 2017, 2:18:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info