[3.0] [Melee] Life Based Wildstrike Inquisitor #100% Conversion #HighCrit #WildStrike

I. Introduction

1.1 Why Wildstikre?
Spoiler

- The skill is cool!
- Good clear speed
- Deal elemental damage of all 3 kinds
- High damage (175.6% of base damage *2)
- Fits inquisitor perfectly

1.2 Build Highlights
Spoiler

Offensive:
- 1M DPS (with all buffs, based on PoB calculation)

- 95% crit chance with 3 Power Charges

- 100% elemental damage and penetrates resistance on crit (Inevitable Judgement)

- With 95% crit chance, guaranteeing to shock, freeze and ignite the enemy

- 25% attack speed (Pious Path) and 90% increased damage on consecrated grounds (gifts from the above + Sanctify)

- High IIR (20~25% from Rat's Nest; 40-50% for Enemies killed with a Critical Strike from Gifts from Above)

Defensive:
- 14K Armour, 54% physical reduction, before molten shell, Arctic Armour, pantheon and endurance charges (3 charges)

- 22K Armour after Lion Roar

- 13% less Physical Damage taken and 12% less fire damage taken from Arctic Armour

- 20% less damage taken (Fortify)

- 22% chance to evade attacks (2908 Evasion)

- 5.8K life (currently lv92)

- 15% chance to block while not standing on consecrated grounds (additional 3.5% from gifts from above)

- Immune to elemental aliments while on consecrated grounds (Pious Path)

- Guarantees to create consecrated grounds in any fight (gifts from the above + Sanctify)

- Takes no extra damage from crit (The Brass Dome chest armour)

- Instant leech on life (Atziri's Acuity or Vaal Pact)

1.3 Build Weakness (Cons)
Spoiler

- This is melee
- Can't do Ele reflect map
- Must be very careful to do Atziri Map
- Hard to achieve 75% resistance of all three elements (since didn't spend much points in passive tree to get res)
- May have mana issue if damage is not high enough to leech back mana quickly
- No immunity to stun

1.4 Common misconceptions about the build
Spoiler

1. How about going for EE?
The build doesn't fit EE because we are using Hatred and Herald of Ash. This means we will always be hitting with cold damage and fire damage no matter which element wildstrike randomly picks.

Also, as we have so high crit chance and the ascendancy notable of Inevitable Judgement, we don't have to worry about the resistance of the monsters as we will almost always be ignoring the res (meaning the res of the monsters and bosses are always 0)!

(to update)

II. Passives and Pantheon

2.1 Passives
Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQkACRUDAIH53YuMSpjMZpRcwGZo8q9sBLOiAPAfC2HGrjwtg1-uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCCXeSgqi09fP_ZIjM89_FhjwQR5aKluwBpvO3gNtfI1kti9_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4Kd-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sG_1VO7dO0FLXrvLlPTb0z_TiqPYG8nmmoj01uvDY0V9mJ5AAaHdkp9_MW3F4Dh4l44lu4Oo4qxsxutBLF7FAxzlWYDh9N-fXX-ugBeGY7tgwguI_ZNko19MHzUUnSgBqIX3AYg4XPtIIKbV-J35T_86GYIsYCKdiv3TW20qAdngCmLm27fhoAwApbSfJJuvFYAAAAAAA==

(Thanks to Kwitch's comment, now incorporated more accuracy note)

Bandits
Oak or 2 passives (go for more hp or damage/attack speed)

Ascendancy
Get Inevitable Judgement first then Pious Path

2.2 Pantheon
Spoiler

Major: Soul of Lunaris (or Soul of Solaris if facing boss alone)
The physical reduction buff is just sweet!

Minor: Soul of Yugul
Yugul gives 25% reduced reflected damage taken. Tgt with Atziri's Promise, you should be able to deal with reflect monsters. But Ele Reflect Map mod is still strongly advised to avoid.

III. Gem and Gears

3.1 Gem Links
Spoiler

6L: Wild strike - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes - Melee Physical Damage (or Elemental Focus or Damage on Full Life or Added Fire Damage or Maim)

Added fire damage or Elemental Focus or Damage Full Life or Melee Physical Damage or Maim or Ruthless?
Spoiler

Added Fire Damage -
- Great damage
- Applies to both the initial hit and the secondary hit
- Buffed in 3.0 with all the nodes that adds aliment damage
- Vs Elemental Focus: If you have good crit chance, you should use added fire damage to gain the 45% crit multiplier from Righteous Providence

Elemental Focus -
- Highest damage of all
- Cannot inflict aliment (which can be both a pros and con)
- Will always have the "100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are affected by no Elemental Ailments" against bosses. So, if you do not have enough crit chance, ele focus will be a good choice
- Cannot inflict shock, so potentially less overall damage

Damage on Full Life -
- Buffed in 3.0 to apply not only to melee damage, therefore, affecting both the initial hit and secondary hit
- Good damage but you have to make sure you will be in full life all the time
- it is possible with the high life regen of the build to remain full life on burning ground and under blood rage at the same time
- Due to low chaos res of the build, not possible to remain full life on desecrated ground
- Red socket gem, thus allows you to switch to Added fire damage or Melee Phy Damage anytime

Melee Physical Damage -
- Highest tooltip damage
- But only affect the initial hit and not the secondary as it only affects the melee part

Maim -
- According to PoB, gives the 3rd highest damage for initial hit, after elemental focus and melee physical damage
- The more damage also affects secondary hit
- But I have doubt about the damage calculation in PoB (?) As Added Fire Damage (44% @lv20 vs 30% for Maim) should give more damage(?)
- The Maim Buff does not benefit the character as we will be doing 100% ele damage

Ruthless -
- Same problem with Melee Physical Damage but worse damage than Melee Phy Dmg, so not recommended

I chose to use melee physical damage gem my own, but I used to use elemental focus when I didnt have enough crit chance. All these gems are great and won't matter much on which one you pick

4L: Hatred - Enlighten (lv 3) - Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour
4L: CwDT (lv 7) - Blade Vortex (lv 12) - Power Charge on Crit - Assassin's Mark (Lv 10) or Enfeeable or Temporal Chain for more survivability
4L: Immortal Call (lv 17) - CwDT (lv 17) - Ice Golem (or Lightning Golem or Fire Golem. Your choice) - Molten Shell (lv 19) (or Increased Duration)
3L: Blood Rage - Ancestral Protector - Enduring Cry
3L: Whirling Blade (or Leap Slam) - Fortify - Blood Magic

3.2 Gear
Spoiler

Compulsory Item
Spoiler

Gifts from above gives you more chance to create consecrated grounds and gives increased damage and block chance while standing on the consecrated ground, which works very great with the inquistor's passives - Santify and Pious Path. While on consecrated ground, you will be immune to shock, freeze and ignite, and have a huge boost in attack damage and attack speed. Also, gifts from above gives good crit chance and IIR. The only con is that it doesnt give any resistance or life.

Other Gear Choice
Spoiler

Weapons
Good DPS and High Crit Chance is a must

Helmet
I use Rat's Nest for the attack speed, IIR and high crit chance. Alternatively, you can use Abyssus. But be careful of the increased phy taken mod.

Chest
I use the Brass Dome for its high armour and for its 'Take no extra damage from crit'. It gives high survivability. And with Pious Path, the cons of increased shock duration is alleviated.

Alternatively, you can use any chest that gives good life, resistance and good armour.

Gloves
Atziri's Acuity is the best with the life, instant leech, crit chance and intelligence for gems requirements. For a cheap alternative, you can use Maligaro's Virtuosity. Also a good gloves for crit build. But you may have to get intelligence and life elsewhere in the build to compensate.

Amulet, ring and belt
- Must have high life and good res (aim at achieving capped resistance for all three and life of 5400 and above at lv 90.)

Best to also have:
- Phy Damage
- Crit multiplier or chance

Boots
- life
- res
- Movement speed
- it is also good to spend 1 divine orb to craft the 'increased elemental damage with attacks' mod

My gear
Spoiler

Alternatives
Spoiler

Flask
Spoiler

You should always be bringing two life flask (one immune to bleeding and one at your choice - immune to freeze, increased armor, immune to curse, immune to shock and etc.), Atziri's Promise and Lion's Roar.

For the 5th Flask -
Bring Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz or Basalt Flask depending on the damage type the map boss does.
Alternatively, you can use Taste of Hate or Vessel of Vinktar. They are both great for survival and damage but not a compulsory. Before 3.0.2, the character would not be affected by Shock from Vessel of Vinktar if standing on consecrated ground. But after 3.0.2, this is no longer the case. So you must be very careful to the 50% increase damage taken side effect of Vessel of Vinktar. Currently, I don't know if this is an intended change, as Pious Path clearly said the character cannot be affected by elemental ailment on consecrated ground (Bug fixed 3.0.2b 19.10.2017)

Jewel
Spoiler
- Must have 5% (or up) increased Max Life

For other mods, opt for the followings:
- Crit chance
- Crit multipler
- Attack speed
- Phy damage
- Resistance
- Attribute requirement of your gear

IV. Playstyle and Mapping

4.1 Map Mods
Spoiler

Must avoid:
Spoiler

1) Cannot Leech Life from Monsters; Cannot Leech Mana from Monsters
2) Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage
3) Area contains two Unique Bosses (** if the boss of the map is very tough to fight alone)

Should avoid:
(not recommended but you can use flask or adjust play style to cope with them)
Spoiler
1) Unique Boss deals 35% increased Damage; Unique Boss has 30% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Rmb to use Taste of Hate, Lion's Roar for more defenses and use whirling blade to maintain the fortify buff. Also, Enduring charges for more physical reduction.

2) % maximum Player Resistances (esp those map with bosses dealing heaving ele damage)
Flask that can boost maximum resistances can be used to mitigate the impact (e.g Taste of Hate, Vessel of Vinktar, Divination Distillate and other utility flasks)

3) Area has patches of chilled ground & 4) Players are Cursed with Temporal Chains
These mods are actually no big deal. Just that I hate the slow personally.

5) Area has patches of shocking ground
Offense is the best defense. You should try to hit the mobs before they hit you because you will create consecrated ground when critical strikes due to gift from the above! This means you will no longer be standing on shocked ground and not take increased damage.

6) Players have 40% reduced Block Chance; Players have 30% less Armour & 7) Players are Cursed with Vulnerability
Lion Roar, Taste of Hate, Enduring cry and fortify buff from whirling blade should keep you alive in most situation even with this mod.

8) Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
Be careful of blood rage and mana issue.

4.2 Playstyle / Strategy
Spoiler

Vs normal mobs
1) Whirling blade in the mobs to get the fortify buffs
2) Hit with Wildstrike

Vs Boss
1) Enduring cry to gain endurance charges for additional 12% physical damage reduction
2) Whirling blade to get fortify buff
3) Summon Ancestral Protector to get the attack speed buff
4) Hit with Wildstrike
5) Use Atziri's Promise, Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate (or other 5th flask) for further damage and defense
(You should be able to tank most bosses up to tier 15 without having to move around. Refer to next section)

4.3 Red Map Bosses Difficulty Level
Spoiler

Warning: The difficulty level stated below is based on my own experience. It may vary due to map mods

Easy: Can tank without moving, fortify and using flask

Medium: Can standstill to tank most of the time, but require using flask to tank or dodging for heavy damage skills

Medium+: Using flasks and dodging are often required during the fight.

Difficult: You have to move around a lot during the fight and have understanding of the boss's skills

T11 -
Excavation Map - Easy
Precinct Map - Easy
Torture Chamber Map - Easy
Underground Sea Map - Easy
Wasteland Map - Easy/Medium (Be ware of the powerful slam. You should be able to tank it with Lion's Roar)

T12 -
Crematorium Map - Easy
Estuary Map - Easy
Ivory Temple Map - Easy
Necropolis Map - Easy
Plateau Map - Medium/Medium+ The Ice Nova has insane damage. Rmb to kill the lightning totem first and use Taste of Hate or Sapphire Flask to tank the damage. If you are out of flask charge, you should only get close AFTER it has used the ice nova skill.
Residence Map - Medium (Again, the slam. Lion Roar + Topaz Flask may help you tank it. But dodging is most preferred)
Shipyard Map - Easy
Vault Map - Easy

T13 -
Beacon Map - Easy (?) (Only fought this map once, so not quite sure. But I remember that was pretty easy fight)
Gorge Map - Easy
High Gardens Map - Medium You should dodge the Solar Beams. Other than that, easy boss
Lair Map - Medium+ You can tank the Human Form with Lion Roar, but have to run away from the Wolf Form. Bleed immunity flask is a must bring item
Plaza Map - Easy
Scriptorium Map - Medium Topaz Flask highly recommended. Dodge the Storm Call and you will be fine
Sulphur Wastes Map - Easy
Waterways Map - Easy

T14 -
Maze Map - Easy
Mineral Pools Map- Haven't got the map yet :(
Palace Map - Medium (Same as Residence. Just dodge the slam)
Shrine Map - Easy
Springs Map - Easy
Volcano Map - Medium (Dodge the lightning Warp and Magma Orb)

T15 -
Abyss Map - Easy
Colosseum Map - Medium (Taste of Hate is the perfect counter. Or Sapphire Flask + Lion Roar is okay as well. Dodge the Ice Clones skill - An attack skill that spawns projectiles from locations around the player with a short delay. The projectiles look like icy clones of Daresso, but are regular attack projectiles in all respects.
Core Map - Haven't got the map yet :(
Dark Forest Map - Medium/Medium+ (Same as T13 Lair Map)
Overgrown Ruin Map - Medium (Focus on the one that deals chaos damage first as we have rather low chaos res)

T16 -
Pit of the Chimera Map - Easy
Maze of the Minotaur Map -
Lair of the Hydra Map - Medium+ / Difficult
Forge of the Phoenix Map - Medium+ / Difficult (You MUST dodge the discharge and also watch out for the -50% fire res debuff. Wildstrike should be able to kill the phoneix automatically with lightning chains and freezing pulse. Also bring a ruby flask!)

Unique Maps -

To update

V. Screenshots and Videos

5.1 VS Red Map Bosses Screenshots
Spoiler

T16 Forge of the Phoneix (1 Death)
Spoiler

T15 Abyss
Spoiler

T14 Springs
Spoiler

T14 Maze
Spoiler

T14 Palace
Spoiler

T13 Lair
Spoiler

T13 Plaza
Spoiler

T12 Ivory Temple

Spoiler

T12 Crematorium (Two Bosses)
Spoiler

5.2 Videos
Spoiler

(Sorry for low quality. Bad PC)

Tier 16 Forge of the Phoneix (1 Death)
https://youtu.be/7b6AsrUFYIU

Tier 14 Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=0kM9fmU3tS8

Tier 14 Shaped Cove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AY8MSmNtko&feature=youtu.be

Tier 13 Shaped Tropical Island
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtWrkg2u2Js&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to leave a comment for any questions or suggestions!

Last edited by ScorpiusXI on Oct 10, 2019, 9:06:48 AM
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2017, 1:00:49 AM
Looks interesting. Been wanting to do a wild strike inquistor for 3.0
The shaped cove map looked a bit scary, some spikey damage that you maybe didn't crit leech through. How do you feel overall in terms of survivability on how the build plays? You're running acuities, so I should hope it's not like that typically.

Is burning ground a particularly anti-fun map mod for the build? What map mods do you typically shy away from, or does the build not fare well in?

There are a lot of unfinished portions yet in the guide, and I understand you're still working on them, but is it possible to perhaps have a cons section as well for players interested in trying this out?

In answer to my prior question regarding the concerns of leech, I believe I understand where your issue is. On the tree, you've managed to successfully avoid any Accuracy nodes whenever possible, only receiving a modest benefit from Born to Fight, Art of the Gladiator, and Finesse. +20 flat accuracy and 40% accuracy do not provide much in a build that only has +193 total accuracy on gear. And considering how you have geared thus far / passive point expenditure, I doubt you have accuracy jewels.

I'm surprised you're running high-level content at all to be honest. You would likely see far superior damage numbers by being a bit more reasonable with rounding out your deficiencies, and having such low accuracy means you have nowhere near the crit chance you contemplated. Looked nice on paper, but accuracy directly affects critical strike chance.

As of this time, this is still heavily a work in progress, and I do not believe it should be added as a build guide so much as an item showcase that has some flaws and features left to address. I will look forward to the progression of the build and see how it grows in the future.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Any idea about EE?
"
Kwitch wrote:
The shaped cove map looked a bit scary, some spikey damage that you maybe didn't crit leech through. How do you feel overall in terms of survivability on how the build plays? You're running acuities, so I should hope it's not like that typically.

Is burning ground a particularly anti-fun map mod for the build? What map mods do you typically shy away from, or does the build not fare well in?

There are a lot of unfinished portions yet in the guide, and I understand you're still working on them, but is it possible to perhaps have a cons section as well for players interested in trying this out?

In answer to my prior question regarding the concerns of leech, I believe I understand where your issue is. On the tree, you've managed to successfully avoid any Accuracy nodes whenever possible, only receiving a modest benefit from Born to Fight, Art of the Gladiator, and Finesse. +20 flat accuracy and 40% accuracy do not provide much in a build that only has +193 total accuracy on gear. And considering how you have geared thus far / passive point expenditure, I doubt you have accuracy jewels.

I'm surprised you're running high-level content at all to be honest. You would likely see far superior damage numbers by being a bit more reasonable with rounding out your deficiencies, and having such low accuracy means you have nowhere near the crit chance you contemplated. Looked nice on paper, but accuracy directly affects critical strike chance.

As of this time, this is still heavily a work in progress, and I do not believe it should be added as a build guide so much as an item showcase that has some flaws and features left to address. I will look forward to the progression of the build and see how it grows in the future.

Cheers

Hi,

Sorry for replying so late, has been busying for work and thanks for the reply and suggestion!

The main reason why the shaped cove map looked scary is because of the map mods. I was cursed with vulnerability and has 30% less armour in the map. That's why I took very heavy physical damage from the stone golem. Normally, the character would not suffer this heavy damage.

Thanks for the suggestion and I have incorporated more accuracy note! Currently I am doing Tier 13-15 Maps quite comfortably. Yet to try out Tier 16 maps.

I have also updated the unfinished part of the guide.

Thanks once again for the suggestion and please let me know if you have further comments!
"
Rotter1999 wrote:
Any idea about EE?

Sorry for late reply.

The build doesn't fit EE because we are using Hatred and Herald of Ash. This means we will always be hitting with cold damage and fire damage no matter which element wildstrike randomly picks.

Also, as we have so high crit chance and the ascendancy notable of Inevitable Judgement, we don't have to worry about the resistance of the monsters as we will almost always be ignoring the res!
Last edited by ScorpiusXI on Oct 15, 2017, 3:37:45 AM
Added to the listing, I'm happy for a decent wildstrike build on the listing. Good improvements.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Hi,

Nice job in creating a wild strike build. I have not seen any other wild strike build out there and the skill feels kinda cool.

I really wanted to do this build build but I usually research what am I getting myself into, so I imported your disqualified_templar character into PoB and did a few testings. Acucity gloves is way out of my reach and sadly we dont use Vp as well, so i'm questioning myself about the survivability against end game bosses like guardians. If we were a slayer it might be fine for survivability I believe. So I respected a few points to get VP which requires 6 nodes, dropped cloth and chain and a few life nodes around finesse which brings us to around 5.3k life. I'm not sure if it's the best possible way but right now I'm out of options. I really didnt want to lose damage nodes as well, so if you have any ideas/thoughts please suggest.
"
PirateZ86 wrote:
Hi,

Nice job in creating a wild strike build. I have not seen any other wild strike build out there and the skill feels kinda cool.

I really wanted to do this build build but I usually research what am I getting myself into, so I imported your disqualified_templar character into PoB and did a few testings. Acucity gloves is way out of my reach and sadly we dont use Vp as well, so i'm questioning myself about the survivability against end game bosses like guardians. If we were a slayer it might be fine for survivability I believe. So I respected a few points to get VP which requires 6 nodes, dropped cloth and chain and a few life nodes around finesse which brings us to around 5.3k life. I'm not sure if it's the best possible way but right now I'm out of options. I really didnt want to lose damage nodes as well, so if you have any ideas/thoughts please suggest.

Hi,

I think there are some places where you can potentially spare some points to go for vaal pact if you cannot afford the Atziri's Acurity:
1. you can remove the 3 points in the life leech cluster, and instead leaving just one point in life leech and go for the mana leech on the right hand side of the tree

With 0.4% life leech, and assuming you do 500K dps (you can actually do much more!!), you can leech 2K HP per second, which should allow you to survive most content.

2. you can make use of the nodes around vaal pact, especially the Revenge of the Hunted gives you both damage and maximum health. Also, you can insert a jewel with HP and attack mods to the jewel socket nearby.

For the jewel, look for 4-6% maximum life AND any two of the followings: attack speed, physical damage, critical multiplier and critical strike chance.

3. After doing 1 and 2, you will have to spare 10 more points. First, you can remove 5 life nodes (that add 4-5% max life each) as their effect were compensated by taking Revenge of the Hunted and an additional jewel socket. Then, I will probably take away Strong Arm (giving you 49% phy dmg and 5% attack speed) around the Maruader area and Cloth and Chain around the Duelist area. Revenge and Hunted (giving you 12% phy damage) with a jewel socket with decent attack mods (for example, 16% phy dmg and 5% attack speed) should more or less compensate taking away the Strong Arm (a net 11% decrease in phy dmg). For Cloth and Chain, I took it just to get some more resistance, which you can compensate by using a pair of gloves with resistance.

By doing these, you should still be able to achieve 5.7K+ life pool without having to sacrifice much damage.

The impact will likely be the following by taking the Vaal Pact and not using Atziri's Acurity
Vaal Pact
1. No more life regen
->No solution. Just be aware of the blood rage and not let it kill you.

2. 11% less damage on tree
-> Your gloves, if rare, should have mods like attack speed or adds # phy damage, which can compensate the loss on tree

3. 15% less elemental resistance
-> Get it from other gears or your gloves

Atziri's Acurity
1. 70 less life
-> Your gloves probably can do even better on HP

2. 30% less crit chance
-> This build already have insane crit chance. So, without the 30%, you can still almost always do crit.

3. 80 less Intelligence
-> This is the real issue. You will likely need around 30 intelligence from the tree or gear to fulfill all gems requirements. You will have to either 1) spend a point in the +30 intelligence in the tree, 2) get the intelligence from boots, rings or amulet. I will prefer to go for getting intelligence from boots. Currently, my boots provides +3x Dexterity for fulfilling the attribute requirement of my swords. But with Ballistic Mastery, which gives you 20 Dexterity, you can instead find a pair of boots that gives intelligence instead to fulfill the gem requirements. Alternatively, just get a Lapis Amulet.

Just to be clear, these are just my suggestions and I didn't really try this on my own, so I don't know if it really works. All the figures are just quickly calculated. I sincerely hope this can help you.

Last edited by ScorpiusXI on Oct 28, 2017, 2:58:16 PM
Hi,

Thank you for a well detailed reply. The jewel socket totally went over my head so, its definitely a boost. The nodes you stated are really good. I have a spiked gloves with attack speed/accuracy/life and 30 int, the rest of the int I can get it from ring replacing ventor gamble and the amulet as well. As for the blood rage prob, I plan to run a saturated life flask instead of 1 seething flask. I think its time i tried it, thank you again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info