We need some much needed updates to the hideout system.

The hideout system hasn't been updated since it came out back in 2014 and I think it's time to finally bring it up to the rest of the game's standards. I've thought of some ideas and made a list of things that could be changed.

The list being here:

1: An usage meter
This is for the 750 limit because right now it can be hard to know when you're about to reach the limit until you.. hit it.
Here's an (MS Paint) example

2: MTX that boosts usage limit
Here's how it would work, you've got a limit of 750 objects right now and you're really invested in making your hideout. You hit the 750 limit but you haven't reached your dream hideout yet, but you can if you'd buy a object limit increase. An object limit increase could cost around 100-200 points and you can not max any more than 1250 if it's any of GGG's concern on server stability.

3: Move, rotate and scale with pivot
This thing here

This is used in 3d modeling/animation programs such as 3dsmax, blender and maya. It's helpful for moving, scaling and rotating in a x/y/z axis. Scale and rotate would allow for different and smart uses for decorations. The tool used to move decorations around in PoE right now is awful.

4: Toggle for inbuilt decorations
We need an option to remove Haku's crashed boat, Zana's pool or Catarina's Ruins and so on.

5: Day/night toggle
This would be great to give players the option on what mood their hideout should have, will also make it more useful to utilize 'rain' MTX

6: Unlock large hideout by default
Now don't worry, the master restriction can stay and all. There's just no gameplay value behind hideout size except on how many masters you can have, which can be changed. It would also work better for GGG's upcoming hideout templates.

7: Birdeye's view when editing
Think Warcraft/Age of Empires/LoL/Dota. The camera in those games are always over the top and you can move it freely. Having something like that would help greatly when editing as moving around in editing mode is very difficult.

8: Map device needs bigger gap between portals
Right now, using big portals will look too cluttered on the tiny map device. Portals like Perandus, Ascendant, Breachlord and so on. To fix this I suggest adding a variation or 2 to the map device so players can adjust the gap to their liking.
Here are some examples on why an optional bigger gap needed on the hideout map device
Spoiler

9: Placing decorations outside boundaries
There's a lot of difficulty in getting a good feel of a forest area in hideouts like Haku's, Vagans and Zana and it all comes down to the inability to place objects freely. This could also allow objects to be placed on edges of rocks which normally blocks placements. (Haku's slopes to different heights)

10: Allow players to change what music plays
Suggested a lot by people and I agree, I'd love to hear the act 6 town soundtrack while afk in hideout crafting.

11: Allow to tune down ambient noises down
This is mostly for Vagan and Elreon's hideout. Elreon's hideout has some very loud and constant ambient noise which can get really annoying when afk in hideout.
Tuning down the sword fighting and battle cries in Vagan's h/o means you can change the theme of what the hideout could be.
While yes you can turn down the ambient in the options menu but that means tuning it down for the entire game.

12: Waypoint placement
NOT a freely placed waypoint, as I am aware of its limitations. But It'd be great to choose 1 out of 3 pre-placed waypoints in your hideout. 1 for every floor / area. So people could have the waypoint on the top of haku's hideout or to the left room in Elreon's and so on.

13: Master portal placement suggested by PoofySleeves
"
PoofySleeves wrote:
When moving a master it would help if there was an indicator for their quest portal and we could control which direction their portal opened in.

If you have any suggestions do tell and if there's anything wrong with my list then let me know and how it could be improved.
Last edited by DrCola on Dec 19, 2017, 6:44:08 PM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2018, 5:28:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I would love to be able to toggle different types of lighting in my hideout. Certain hideouts are too dark, other are too light etc. I would love to be able to use the lighting used for Catarina's hideout in my Haku hideout, a dark and gloomy beach.

I love your suggestions.
Should be able to save and use them across leagues. Disable extra masters or whatever but let us keep the full hideout we have in standard.
"
Raudram wrote:
Should be able to save and use them across leagues. Disable extra masters or whatever but let us keep the full hideout we have in standard.

GGG confirmed that we'll be able to save hideouts as templates for use in other leagues
Basically agree with all other than the notion that GGG should spend more time developing MTX for HOs.

Also, solution to #8 should be to take the stupid, OTT portal anims out of the game.
"
xSTGx wrote:
Basically agree with all other than the notion that GGG should spend more time developing MTX for HOs.

Also, solution to #8 should be to take the stupid, OTT portal anims out of the game.

They don't have to spend time developing cosmetic mtx for hideouts, only hideout limit boosts (currently max is 500)

Also people pay for supporter pack portals or work for challenge portals which are over the top and the solution shouldn't be to simply not use them..
I suggested something like this awhile back (went nowhere unfortunately). I'd like to be able to edit the time of day, maybe the direction, angle, color (made from presets like tidal islands, mud flats, Vaal city), and brightness of the sun/moon, some fog settings... Could be really fun!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
I suggested something like this awhile back (went nowhere unfortunately). I'd like to be able to edit the time of day, maybe the direction, angle, color (made from presets like tidal islands, mud flats, Vaal city), and brightness of the sun/moon, some fog settings... Could be really fun!
Considering the dynamic light change in the Harbour bridge in act 8 and ending of Act 5 Kitava fight I think this should be a possibility.
seems like a lot of work for purely ascetic stuff
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
seems like a lot of work for purely ascetic stuff

Mtx update was a lot of work purely for aesthetics too you know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info