A non-auction Marketplace. [Suggestion] (Good stuff inside!)

I would love to see a marketplace implemented where you can post items you have for sale and other players can post bids for the item. The item wouldn't be sold through this system but you can search for an item and post an offer. If someone posts a reasonable offer you can contact them to sell it.

Why would GGG waste resourses on this system?

Simply put, they can charge you to post additional items. Everyone starts with one sell slot and additional ones can be purchased.

Other players can see what others have offered and base their offer on that.

I feel like a genious atm. :)

Why not let players complete the transaction if they've already posted the item and an agreeable offer for it?

I think a dev mentioned that their "awesome trade stuff" patch will include trading outside the game client anyway.

+1 for charging for market slots though.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Why not let players complete the transaction if they've already posted the item and an agreeable offer for it?

I think a dev mentioned that their "awesome trade stuff" patch will include trading outside the game client anyway.

+1 for charging for market slots though.

I thought that was more for trading via the website. They could add an accept this offer button, only issue is some players may have limited currency and other offers out there using that same barter. Also players also may be using the gear that may have been offered. You could complete it with the trade system and close the items posting.

This would be an excellent alternative to posting Wtb and Wts in trade chat. I have a feeling it will be a spam fest.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Feb 15, 2012, 10:24:22 PM
A consignment merchant would be awesome, especially if there were a search function: it would help create competition, which after a while when people can track what things can really sell for the economy would stabilize and keep people from scamming newbies. This could make or break this game, because I hate trading at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info