TIme to make money?

As with anything on the net much of its popularity hinges on achieving a point of critical mass, which triggers exponential interest (assuming it ever hits it). It would seem to me that the critical mass point of Path of Exile has perhaps arrived. I base this opinion on 24 hour history google searches that would indicate:

People are now searching through google 24 hour histories for beta keys in obscure forums and registering, simply to beg for keys.
Beta key scams are surfacing.
People are attempting and apparently succeeding in selling beta access keys for on the order of $5/$10.

In as much as I used to be a freeware game developer back in the dark ages I feel that you guys deserve to profit directly rather than have others scam and sell keys for their own personal gain. While I understand your profit model will be micro transaction based I would suggest you soon consider selling beta keys at minimal cost, unless you are already quite close to a more public release.

No, I dont want to be given a key by the powers that be for writing this, nor will I buy one even if you do start selling them, however I feel that developers such as yourselves should reasonably benefit financially rather than see trolling and key-selling effectively cut revenue from you.

Plus you New-Zealanders and your nation need more international income, and as an Aussie to the west of you we are getting rich simply selling the dirt from under our feet... dont know how well that will go long term though.
I would gladly pay a small sum for a beta key. They can still keep the random key give-away for people who don't...
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info