[3.0] Trickster Poison Cyclone/Viper Strike (Life/MoM/PhaseAcro) Budget

Currently level 65, seems strong enough to clear T10's easily and safely.

Doing some theorycrafting, might change to pure-life and Viper Strike instead of making use of Cyclone for clearing.
Possible new tree, 5.3k life instead of 4.1k life, dropped MoM, switched to pure viper strike.

Strengths:
4100 to 4200 life on a budget
Mind over Matter
High mana regen from Trickster
50% dodge and 40% spell dodge
budget (40c + 5L Dendrobate)

Weaknesses:
somewhat low life
mid-range dps
Leveling and Map Progress

Leveling to 28 is a bit slow and boring, after that you get Cyclone and get normal lab done for the free movement skills. Pick up a pair of Mortem Morsu (They're cheap since they're no longer meta) and they make leveling much faster, probably going to take me to 60 so I can use my Wasp Nests.
Currently level 34.

Might need to take off MoM in the endgame to make Viper Strike work at all, depends on how much leech I end up with.
Currently level 45.

6L'd Dendrobate and facerolled Merc Lab at level 62.

Killed Kitava easily at 64, died once because I forgot how bad Cyclone is against that boss.

Did Atziri at 67 with 2.6k life, died 4 times to her and once to the trio, I would recommend getting 3.1k or more life, did it at 2.6k and it was too risky to be worth running.

Did Atziri again at 70 with 3.1k life and died once to trying to get the no storm call damage challenge, other than that its an easy enough fight.

Did a decent modded Strand with the soul capture thing, died once due to not knowing just how hard Lord of the Blade hits then killed it with no issues, still no Fortify because I'm bad at buying boots.

Gear

Uniques

All the armor except the Dendrobate was 1-2alch each, Hinekora's was 35c, I purchased the Dendrobate as a 6S and rolled 5L for ~1c.
Swapping out the second Wasp Nest for bosses with a Death's Hand stat stick or something is a decent change though the loss of dps (17k+) on Cyclone means you should only swap for bosses.

Currently using Garukhan's Flight instead of Alberon's Warpath, might change to rare boots when I get another 5-7 chaos to burn on another item.

Current Rares

Flasks

Ideal flasks would probably be one life flask, a Witchfire to drop Temp Chains, a Stibnite for blinds, and two more flasks for mostly utility/defense purposes. Atziri's, Taste of Hate, and Vinktars won't do too much for us as we have very little base physical damage and life so Vinktar's would probably just get us oneshotted.

Gem Setups

Using Blasphemy Temp Chains right now, might look into adding another aura at some point.

Viper Strike > Multistrike > Unbound Ailments > Deadly Ailments > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage. Drop Faster Attacks or Melee Physical Damage in a 5L, Melee Physical is more dps but lower QOL if you need to move.

Cyclone > Unbound Ailments > Melee Physical Damage > Deadly Ailments in gloves for general clearing.

Wither > Faster Casting > Increased Duration > Spell Totem on a 4L for poison damage on single target (boots/head).

Whirling Blades > Fortify > Faster Attacks > Culling Strike in a 4L (boots/head).

Throw the Temp Chains blasphemy in a claw.

Need to examine the usefulness of a Clarity when I get to maps, 31 mana regen might be worth the loss of 279 mana (1006 to 727 unreserved mana).

Future Gearing

Dropping The Embalmer for a pair of rare gloves wouldn't cause a major impact on the Viper Strike damage, though it would cut the Cyclone damage roughly in half due to the greatly decreased base duration of poisons.

Switching to a pair of low-tier crafted claws (2ex each in about 3 weeks, probably) with Flat Chaos, Flat Phys, %Phys, ASPD, Poison Duration, and Poison Chance will easily double the cyclone dps, though viper strike would probably remain about the same on fights you can sustain five or more poisons due to the chaos damage on The Wasp Nest not being counted in the Path of Building dps.

Theorycrafted DPS

Path of Building calculated dps:
6L Viper Strike: 160k
5L Viper Strike: 126k without Faster Attacks, 107k without Melee Phys
6L Viper Strike with 2ex claws mid-league: 250k+

Cyclone in The Embalmer: 47k
Cyclone in other 4L: 30k
Cyclone with late-game claws in Embalmer: 74k
Cyclone with late-game claws in rare gloves: 48k

These values don't include the 80-120 chaos damage from the claws against enemies with five or more poisons so the viper strike values should be roughly unchanged against bosses since we're running Temporal Chains in a blasphemy.

Passive Tree

https://pastebin.com/rnBLjKzY

Bandits:
Kill All or Kraityn, I went with kill all though I'll be checking Kraityn in another few days when I hit mid-tier maps and can spend 20reg changing.

Leveling:
Head right from the start and take the claw nodes
Grab MoM
Grab the life just below the Shadow area along with the poison
Grab the life in the ranger start
grab Phase Acrobatics
fill out the passive tree with the life nodes near the duelist section.

Ascension:
Walk the Aether
Swift Killer
Weave the Arcane
Ghost Dance or Patient Reaper; I'm personally recommending Ghost Dance for the better survivability but if you want slightly better dps grab Patient Reaper.

Changelog

8/15/2017 Added Leveling Progress
8/16/2017 Added Bandits

Do you all think the dps is enough? Based on my admittedly little experience with Cyclone in the past I believe 50k should be enough to clear map trash to T12-14 easily, and 160k Viper Strike dps should be enough to reasonably handle bosses up to T10 without trouble.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Aug 18, 2017, 5:59:29 PM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 5:44:33 AM
Hi Yajirushi,

I changed it a bit and made Path of Building show the effect of the charges and the build has a wooping 146k dps cyclone, 415k dps viper strike! And as you said, these values don't account for the claw special effect so it looks pretty awesome! Going to try it myself, tell me how your version goes!

https://pastebin.com/NRgKj9Zf
"
Leviathans wrote:
Hi Yajirushi,

I changed it a bit and made Path of Building show the effect of the charges and the build has a wooping 146k dps cyclone, 415k dps viper strike! And as you said, these values don't account for the claw special effect so it looks pretty awesome! Going to try it myself, tell me how your version goes!

https://pastebin.com/NRgKj9Zf

Yeah, I think I'll end up using your tree, seems a bit better in the endgame.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:29 PM
Hey Guys,

I found your guide and want to try it, but i just don't get how to open up a working representation of the skill tree using the data you provide with pastebin.
Would be happy if you help me with that issue :)
Yeah, are you using PoB V1.4.59?

all the pastebins require you to use "Path of Building" by OpenARL on Github.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Aug 15, 2017, 8:37:25 PM
I'm trying a variation of this as well. Which bandits did you go with? And what order did you pick Trickster keystones in?
Bandits were kill all, thanks for reminding me that I forgot to include it in the post and not just the PoB link. Ascension order is covered in the Passive Tree section.
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
Bandits were kill all, thanks for reminding me that I forgot to include it in the post and not just the PoB link. Ascension order is covered in the Passive Tree section.

Kraityn is nobrainer for this build.
"
pijanapanda wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:

Kraityn is nobrainer for this build.

Yea I went Kraityn as well. Figured the attack speed/move speed and dodge were all good for this build.

I am doing a build just like this but I decided to go as an assassin instead. I am also going for Cherrrribims Malefiance armor piece. I am going to be using this build strictly to farm uber lab. Evasion imo is so strong for it too, so my tree grabs quite a bit more evasion %. I feel as though it is going to do better than my bv path finder :) good luck and enjoy so far I am level 70 and it is working out pretty good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info