What rustles your jimmies the most in 3.0?

Let's start with saying that Oriath is sweet, the new acts, the soundtracks, the minimap, the lab changes, the new gems etc = noice... but there's also the crappy things ( which GGG is hopefully busy with trying to fix) :D
Interested in seeing, what other people think and what rustles their jimmies the most in this new expansion.

I hope some big maintenance patch is coming, cos the game was obviously released as uncomplete and unoptimized. If i'd be a billionaire i'd give GGG some dough so they could relax and properly balance, optimize and complete the game without having to rush stuff out :)

For me it's:
*Direct X related bugs, like dx11 not saving your game to fullscreen, so that every time you launch it, it's back in windowed
*graphical glitches, like seeing through the ground etc
*weird FPS drops in some areas and around some items like the hatred banners in lunaris temple that drop the fps by an amount of 30-45 out of nowhere, even though it's just a small blue flag in the ground...wtf xD
*the text and audio of quest NPC's being different at times, man that really breakes atmosphere

What other's have noted in this thread (i read it all and add it here):
*poor performance
*characters not saying anything new, when they enter new areas
*game crashing very often when alt tabbing (dx11)
*read from Reddit that ppl have been getting autobanned upon lvlup
*lower mob density in maps
*lack of trade improvements
*game crashing when laoding into town/areas
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Sep 9, 2017, 8:44:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 10:43:31 AM
The new terribad voice acting changes
I'm fine with everything except for how utterly dull the Harbinger league is
Last edited by RandallPOE on Aug 10, 2017, 7:24:31 PM
The terrible handling of pre-existing characters, the core quests are blocked, while a lot of passive points are locked behind side quests. This both disables the existing standard characters from progressing in the story while still forces people to quests to get passive points back.

I know most people do not play standard, but some of us do and there is a lot of attachment to old characters that existed for years.

This is the worst of both worlds.
Last edited by lobsterphobia on Aug 10, 2017, 7:44:52 PM
Standard for da win mayne :D Actually according to GGG, i think 30%-40% of the PoE playerbase plays there, so many ppl care :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
How absolutely overtuned most act 5/10 monsters are
How bad harbinger drops are
The low amount of new uniques compared to the content amount
The awful performance in act 5 and act 10 zones. I'm playing a slideshow there!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'm disturbed by the lack of new character voice acting when entering new areas and defeating bosses.

My beloved hammy templar is completely reticent even when coming home and beating up his own god. And now he's taking orders from Sin itself while still regularly proclaiming "Death to sin!" when defeating rares. WHAT?!

I guess I should be thankful they didn't replace the voice actor with someone extremely boring, but the silence is killing me!
  • Harbingers dropping Transmutation Shards (etc.) to give the illusion they drop more loot than they do. If GGG don't want them to have rewarding loot, fine - but don't try to bullshit us.
  • The entire Nessa story felt rushed and half-baked. While I am salty (so is she, now :P) about what happened regarding her, I also just think they did a poor job on that part of the story.
  • GGG handled the bandit changes poorly on existing characters.
  • Existing characters should have retained their passive points. It's absurd that some characters now lack the stats they need to equip their gear. Who made that decision? Why?

Fall of Oriath is probably my favourite expansion of all time - for any game.

But it isn't perfect. Then again, what is?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
The fact that 25% of the time I'm switching areas, I get disconnected to the login screen and have to wait five minutes to be able to connect again.
They didn't fix the potion progression in Act I.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info