[3.0] Crit US MoM Dark Pact ||optimised for speed, DPS and overall efficiency|| [Vids included]

"
Vyvanne wrote:
Oof, 5 blue coloring a Cherrubrim's is tough, how many chromes did that take? Did you use the Vorici jeweler method?

heya, ya I used the vorici method. Takes about 5k jewellers or so - but that may vary depending. I strongly recommend using carcass jack instead if you have no currency to burn on Cherrubim's.

"
gm08872 wrote:
would the cherrubrim be bis endgame

For the preferred colours of 5B1G, yes, because it provides more HP and damage. That said, I would strongly recommend upgrading other pieces of gear first. I made the mistake of attempting to colour cherrubim's first, and my other pieces of gear are not that great.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Aug 12, 2017, 7:35:43 AM
if its not to much to ask would u be willing to let us know how much dex/are we need on gear if any for the gems, and what stats we should look for on gear other then just life and resists, like a bis option.

or a path of building link to bis items/jewels.
Last edited by gm08872 on Aug 12, 2017, 8:07:47 AM
Best jewel would obviously have four of these mods:

Prefixes:
- x% increased maximum Life
- x% increased Chaos Damage
- x% increased Spell Damage while wielding a staff
- x% increased Spell Damage while holding a shield

Suffixes:
- x% increased Spell Damage
- x% increased Area Damage
- +x% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
- +x% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

Best amulet would have some of these:

Prefixes:
- +x to maximum Life
- x% increased Spell Damage

Suffixes:
- +x% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
- x% increased Critical Strike Chance
- x% increased Cast Speed
- +x% to all Elemental Resistances
- x% increased Chaos Damage (essence)
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
gm08872 wrote:
if its not to much to ask would u be willing to let us know how much dex/are we need on gear if any for the gems, and what stats we should look for on gear other then just life and resists, like a bis option.

or a path of building link to bis items/jewels.

What zagibu said!

I'm still tinkering around and seeing if I can optimise the tree even further. I'll let u guys know what the best stats are after, but at the moment its looking like the BIS jewel would have to have these 4 mods:

1. %maximum life
2. %crit multi
3. %spell damage/chaos damage/damage/area damage
3. %crit multi
Build of the Week 14
Thanks for the quick response! Also, any particular reason you're keeping arcane surge at lvl 8?

EDIT- oh, mana cost.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Aug 12, 2017, 12:32:47 PM
The guide has been fleshed out abit more and now includes the PoB code for BIS gear for those who are interested.

I have also changed the tree around somewhat to grab more jewel sockets as well as unwavering stance.

I have dropped the top left hand crit cluster (6 points for that isn't worth it) and grabbed the templar attack + cast speed caster for even more mobility.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I tied crit its less dps and EHP here...about 75 regrets later is a level 16 Dark Pact no crit (character short bus rider)

Could have 10K life andn just a little less DPS with Kaoms.

Another thing I disliked about crit was the orb casting. Wastes a small step to get charges that could be used to DPS them down. Anyway just think you'll find stacking chaos life and spell damage will come out on top. DPS wise. Convenience wise (ease of play). And EHP wise.

Heya, I appreciate your input aim, but I do feel that what you've mentioned above is misleading. I Granted, it might have been my mistake to not have provided my gem links and stats in order to arrive at the above DPS, but your comparison was an unfair comparison to begin with.

Firstly, the stats you've provided above are with
Level 16/20 Dark Pact
Level 21/20 Conc. effect, Added Chaos Damage, Controlled Destruction, Faster Casting
Level 20/20 Void Manipulation

The stats I provided was with
Level 19/0 Dark Pact, Controlled Destruction, Void Manipulation, Increased Crit Strikes, Spell Echo
Level 17/18 Added Chaos Damage

If I switch my increased crit strikes to conc. effect and trigger my level 8 arcane surge (which you do not have), my tooltip DPS rises to:

Keep in mind that I'm only level 89 and you're level 94. In addition, you have already maxed out your weapon DPS in terms of having a high rolled Pledge of Hands as well as having pretty sick gear for the rest of your slots whereas my gear (particularly dagger and shield) still has ample room for improvement.

"
Another thing I disliked about crit was the orb casting. Wastes a small step to get charges that could be used to DPS them down.

Its just a simple step that is fast, need only be done once per 7 seconds and provides me with both charges as well as the arcane surge bonus. I don't even need to do it versus regular mobs to be honest if I don't wish to, but it really isn't as difficult as you may think.

Also, I find that having the option to use additional skills makes for more engaging and rewarding gameplay which simply right clicking and having only 2 active skills does not provide.

"
Anyway just think you'll find stacking chaos life and spell damage will come out on top. DPS wise. Convenience wise (ease of play). And EHP wise.

Nope, DPS-wise crit will always be better. The only main benefit of stacking chaos, life and spell damage will be improvement in survivability. Your EHP as non-crit non-MoM user is not going to be better than a crit-based MoM build for similar DPS output.

Looking at your character, I made some adjustments for you based on your non-crit gear:

https://pastebin.com/jGRpcWJ6

Sacrificing 10% HP, you get a 17.5% DPS boost (which rises to 50% upon use of a diamond flask). Keep in mind that once you get crit multi mods on gear and jewels the DPS difference between crit vs non-crit will rise even further.

Therefore, going non-crit doesn't win out crit in every single aspect. You just get more life, that's all, but your claim in the above quote is invalid.

Other observations:

1. I did consider going staff, but the mobility advantage from shield charge/whirling blades was too difficult to consider foregoing, and overall clear speed does depend on mobility after all. Lightning warp can also do the job, but there is still split delay when waiting to arrive at your destination.

2. Why are you using the retch? You're not a slayer. The DPS boost from the retch is arguably not going to be as high as belt of the deceiver for instance while costing 200 times as much

Sorry not reply earlier been a little busy at work...you're now gonna make me spend more regrets:P oh well its standard... Nice work I will put your modified aims tree to work.

I use retch for
1. 60% flask duration - very useful on burning bosses down. Kiaras lasts like 6 sec instead of 3.5 for example. With diamond flask like 8 seconds.

2. 15% move speed when using flasks. I use flasks all the time.

3. DPS is 200% of what you leech. Normally a double life belt is better. But when cloaked savagery kicks in and you leech say 9000 back instant thats 18,000 chaos damage to target. Pretty significant when your hits are 30-50K end game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 12, 2017, 3:20:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Sorry not reply earlier been a little busy at work...you're now gonna make me spend more regrets:P oh well its standard... Nice work I will put your modified aims tree to work.

I use retch for
1. 60% flask duration - very useful on burning bosses down. Kiaras lasts like 6 sec instead of 3.5 for example. With diamond flask like 8 seconds.

2. 15% move speed when using flasks. I use flasks all the time.

3. DPS is 200% of what you leech. Normally a double life belt is better. But when cloaked savagery kicks in and you leech say 9000 back instant thats 18,000 chaos damage to target. Pretty significant when your hits are 30-50K end game.

No worries! :p

And aim, retch doesn't work like that! The damage it deals is based on the amount of HP you gain from the leech. If you have 8.7k out of a maximum of 9k HP, even if you do enough damage to leech 9k HP back, you only leeched back 300 hp and so you only deal 600 damage instead of 18k damage.
Build of the Week 14
Nice looking build invalesco. My goal for the league is to get the atlas complete and get my first shaper kill. You think this build can handle shaper?
"
KeenSenses wrote:
Nice looking build invalesco. My goal for the league is to get the atlas complete and get my first shaper kill. You think this build can handle shaper?

The question is: can you reach Shaper before the build is nerfed? :P
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info