Client Freezing in party with new skills

Once again I was blamed for getting my friend killed. So we decided to do some testing and it seems that when im using the new skills Molten shell, tempest shield or lightining strike my party members clients freeze. The freeze occurs sometimes with the initial cast / attack or sometimes it takes more time. When ever the inital small frametime spike doesnt freeze the client, it happens faster if im not close to my party members (out side of their screen). All of them are using nvidia cards while i have a radeon and we are suspecting that might be the reason.

So, r.i.p lehema lvl 60 ranger and sorry!
\;;/_qò.óp_\;;/
Sadly this is just because we can't preload some effects - Like the kind that Tempest Shield use. We're definitely going to have them preloaded in future, to prevent any more lag deaths!

Sorry to hear about your friend!
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Sadly this is just because we can't preload some effects - Like the kind that Tempest Shield use. We're definitely going to have them preloaded in future, to prevent any more lag deaths!

Sorry to hear about your friend!

I find it strange that my client never freezes in these situations.

e: Just to clarify, by client freeze i mean complete freeze. Only mouse cursor working and client.exe has to be shut down from taskmanager. I belive doing this doesn't even create crash report.

When this happens in chaos it's a death sentence to any character with even a few monsters round, since it take 15-20 seconds to time out.
\;;/_qò.óp_\;;/
Last edited by TobyTeM on Feb 15, 2012, 10:34:39 PM
Oh, I didn't realize they were full permanent freezes - I'll see what we have in terms of crash reports, see if they weren't sent as you suggested. Could you PM me their account name, if you have it?
Balance & Design
GODAMIT i was gonna post that to!!!

I just dont play anymore chaos as "group leader" because i'am affraid of that (died like 8 times at least) ,i thought it was a "ledge bug" but you guys found out the origin its great!!

At that moment i was just "MAD" but no biggie,its a beta and i'am happy the origin was found :)

gl guys :)

Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info