3.0 Glacial Hammer ( Tri curse , reflect proof, 50%+ Freeze, budget , videos )

3.0 Ice Hammer witch

'Her sisters chose the wand whilst she chose the hammer'

Introduction

The concept of this build is basically for those that want to play a petite girl wielding a mighty big hammer, freezing the crap out of everything in its way.

Features of the build

( budget version level 80 )

1) Immune to reflect damage ( both physical and elemental )
2) Easy play style ( using blasphemy with dual curse, so leap slam into pack and smash)
3) Budget build, at level 80 with only a 4 link ( look at cost below )
4) 50+% Chance to freeze. ( Frost bite + Glacial hammer + passive tree freeze chance )
6) auto generates enduring cry for immortal call ( Warlord mark + blasphemy )

( Advance version level 88+ )

7) Combining elemental overload and undying rage mace to benefit from both unwavering stance
and 40% increase elemental damage. Crit chance from Ice golem and +1 curse ungils harmony

8) Tri- curse. Link Enfeeble and Warlord Mark with blasphemy and self-cast Frost bite. ( Best
combination for damage and defense )

Budget Build ( level 80 )
Spoiler

Basic Items needed ( for budget version )

2 x winter burial ( 1 alc each, convert all physical damage to cold damage as well as provide
splash damage )

1 x Sibyls ring ( 1 alc, combine with 'Pargon of Calamity means 90% resist to elemental reflect, whilst life regen and life leech from Warlord Mark will absorb the last 10% or you can use soul of Yugul to absorb the last 10% reflect )

1 x Marohi Erqi ( 1 chaos, At least 4 or 5 linked ( this will be more expensive ) combining the increase of effect gem of Marohi with winter burial splash makes it stronger than melee splash because it has no damage penalty. With beacon of ruins, it adds elemental prof, freezing the crap out of everything. I only have a 4 linked Marohi and I am doing well going through the low-level maps)

Budget build Passive tree

Budget build Recommend links and play style
Spoiler

Fast play style

Faster attack, multistrike, elemental damage and Glacial Hammer ( good for mobs )

or

Hit hard and heavy style

Faster attack, elemental damage, physical damage and Glacial Hammer gem ( good for boss )

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Elementalist: Beacon of Ruins, then Pargon of Calamity and for uber lab Liege of the Primordial

Budget build gear
Spoiler

Advance Build ( level 88 )

levelling items/ passive tree
Spoiler

1 to 40

Fire storm and fire storm totem. Use +1 to fire gem weapons first and when you get a 4 link item use that instead. Starting skills I used fire trap and lightning tendrils before fire storm.

Use +1 fire gem recipe to craft them and start off with 'the shadow' the acquire the fire trap gem from the first quest.

+1 fire gem weapon recipe = Magic Sceptre/Wand + 1 ruby ring + 1 alt

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAMCAASzC2ERLRZvGjgabCSqJy8pTzKJNZI26TrYPC1FnVNSaPJ35XyDgpuDzI6-kFWSwZo7muCdrp_fogCnCK9stz7Grti92t3fsOFz42rkIuvu7DjvfPAf_go=?accountName=ninedeadeyes&characterName=Ice_Hammer_Bitch

40 to 57

Make sure you have two winter burial and 'berserk faster attack' nodes before changing. I was using
the unique ring ( doedre's damning, cost 1 x alc ) that gave me +1 extra curse at this point but if you have enough passive skill points I would also go for Whisper of Doom, north of the passive tree.

Chober Chaber ( cost 1 alc on the market )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAMCAASzC2ERLRZvGjgabCSqJy8pTzIJMok1kjbpOtg8LUWdU1JmVGjybEZybHflfIOCm4Nfg8yFe46-kFWSwZo7muCdrp_fogCnCK9stfK3Psau2L3a3d-w4XPjauQi6-7sOO988B_-Cg==?accountName=ninedeadeyes&characterName=Ice_Hammer_Bitch

At level 57 change to Marohi Erqi

useful levelling uniques

WARNING : For new players it is more important for your gear to have hp and elemental resistance
as the only way to progress is to have elemental resistance cap at all time hence I would advise only to use 1 or 2 of these levelling unique at one time as unique items do not provide good hp and elemental resistance.

Go to poe.trade to buy better gear for 1alc to 1 chaos

Videos

Spoiler

Budget build version ( level 80 )

13% physical and elemental reflect map ( tier 5 )

https://youtu.be/WZI8PwuB1rw

Using yogul (25% damage reflection ) resistance instead of Sibyls ring (40% damage reflection ) making it only 75% resistance rather than 90%. Still works but a little shakey. Would not recommend clearing higher maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-HfB6LeJ-g&feature=youtu.be

( Future advancement of build/ Alternative )

Spoiler

I would like to add these unique into the build but too damn poor

Either a 6 linked Kongors and Koams or a standard Kongors and 6 linked Carcass Jack.

any more passive points you can either increase area of effect near the witch area or just more damage and hp.

Alternative

You can try go for the dualists life leech nodes ( void vitality ) and not use Warlord Mark and use enfeeble instead ( go for Alira for Bandit quest ) and play it as dual curse without the need to self cast your frost bite.

Another food for thought would be Hectic Veil and use blashemy for all 3 curses but you will need to find really good equipment to make sure you cap your elemental resist and have enough hp

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Sep 3, 2017, 4:21:46 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2017, 1:24:43 PM
Reserve
Kudos for trying to make a melee Witch build, I hope your build will be successful.

Are you leveling this build and will there be any videos?
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Thanks for the kind words. Yes there will be a video. I am level 67 at the moment. I will probably make a video around level 80.
level 80 achieved and posted short video of me doing a physical and elemental reflection tier 5 map.
updated video section with short vid using yogul (25% damage reflection ) resistance instead of Sibyls ring (40% damage reflection ) making it only 75% resistance rather than 90%.
updated with final advance build level 87. Will probably do a video for the final build.
name change and a minor update regarding extra damage against bosses
I definitely need some advice on this, because I am running your exact build here because I love the idea, and I'm currently level 60 in Act 8, but for the longest time, I'm getting annihilated by bosses and sometimes packs of enemies whent hey have range attacks. Like literally I have to die to most bosses 15+ times before they go down because this build LOCKS you into attack animation because of how fast you're attacking AND the Multistrike gem. You hold down the button long enough for 3 attacks, you have to sit there a while because then 6-9 animation swings have to go off before you can move again and sometimes that ends up killing you because you can't move or dodge in time.

I'm enjoying the build for the most part, it just seems incredibly weak and meme since this most likely NOT survive that long in the next difficulty or even Act 9-10 when I die this constantly to bosses and range. There's still an animation for Leap Slam, and have the time I go to leap to the back line or into the fray to get the freezing going, and i just leap into several projectiles and die.

Like right now i"m stuck on Shavonne Spirit in Act 8 and there's nothing I can do. she has lightning orbs surrounding her , an add that ghost spawns and slams down, tornadoes everywhere, and lightning adds. I can't leap to her or I leap into a tornado, hit and running is too difficult because of her teleporting and spell spamming, and if i'm hit by ANYTHING , I'm instantly killed, minus that one second invulnerability I get for taking a certain amount of damage every now and again.

Am I fucking something up here? I shouldn't be dying to bosses this frequently with a good build I would assume.

Also, why do you have 2 flasks for movement speed listed, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm new to POE, so maybe i Undervalue move speed later on? But it seems like you don't want move speed since you just stand still and freeze everything with aoe strikes.
Hi thanks for trying out the build,

I would swap out multi strike for physical damage against bosses because that give you time to escape.

it is important to cap your elemental resistance ( 75%) and focus on hp to begin with.

With a 4 linked Marhoi mace you should def do enough damage in act 8.

i have two movement flask because basically didn't need any other for the time being. I felt the build at that point to be a little slow.

I will check out your build and see what is going on, ok

Can you either link up your items or put your profile on public to see what need to be added to your equipment ?

Also depending on your gear and your passive tree, you might want to invest in accuracy if you have not got resolute technique yet. The more information you provide the more i can help you.

Let me know your hp and your element resist, thanks.

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Aug 31, 2017, 5:58:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info