[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
sophiepoe wrote:
Man I'm having a lot of fun with this build! I just got a question: when should I start transitioning from the flameblast leveling gems to the ones listed under "gems and links"? Because as it is, the CWDT link doesn't really work, right? I swapped Temporal Chains for Warlord's Mark so I can get those end charges.

(Sorry if the answer's obvious, I started playing just a few weeks ago)

transition into firestorm once you have the gear and access to vaal pact.
warlord's mark doesn't work with totem kills.
You were very correct to point out that my flasks are a mess; I'll replace them them shortly.

Two PoB questions if I may:

1) I ran some sims earlier today to get a clearer idea about what to look for on weapons and how to evaluate that; it seems that with my current gear [+1 flat fire dmg to spells] = [+1.22% spell dmg], and if it's not fire but cold or lgihtning, then [+1 flat dmg to spells] = [+0.6% spell dmg].

Is that a reasonable approximation?

2) Judging from your PoB shaper calc, the different tree showcased in PoB for near-BiS items outperforms the tree in PoE planner by at least 20-30%.

Any particular reason why you have not switched to it yet? On page three you said
"
use the first one as it is easier to get going (you get all required stats from the tree and don't need the third expensive jewel).
the PoB link shows the max (or close to the max) potential when you have BiS items.

but your gear is certainly there, and even mine probably is as well (except for dex?)
Last edited by areanu on Sep 2, 2017, 5:18:53 PM
"
areanu wrote:
You were very correct to point out that my flasks are a mess; I'll replace them them shortly.

Two PoB questions if I may:

1) I ran some sims earlier today to get a clearer idea about what to look for on weapons and how to evaluate that; it seems that with my current gear [+1 flat fire dmg to spells] = [+1.22% spell dmg], and if it's not fire but cold or lgihtning, then [+1 flat dmg to spells] = [+0.6% spell dmg].

Is that a reasonable approximation?

I just "craft" the weapon I am considering in PoB and directly compare how it stands against my current ones.

"
areanu wrote:
2) Judging from your PoB shaper calc, the different tree showcased in PoB for near-BiS items outperforms the tree in PoE planner by at least 20-30%.

Any particular reason why you have not switched to it yet? On page three you said
"
use the first one as it is easier to get going (you get all required stats from the tree and don't need the third expensive jewel).
the PoB link shows the max (or close to the max) potential when you have BiS items.

but your gear is certainly there, and even mine probably is as well (except for dex?)

If you are comparing the damage, you need to go to the Configuration tab and tick the relevant buffs and debuffs. So the damage is already there and the difference is just some extra HP.

I am not trying to min-max and what I already have clears everything in the game without issues. Switching to the PoB version of the tree would require some gear overhaul as I don't have enough dexterity. I've already achieved all my goals for the league and got quite bored to be honest, so I can't be bothered.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 2, 2017, 5:45:36 PM
Is it a big deal if I helped Alira instead kill all or helped KRaityn? Also why no any heralds?
Last edited by Makek93 on Sep 2, 2017, 7:08:13 PM
"
Makek93 wrote:
Is it a big deal if I helped Alira instead kill all or helped KRaityn? Also why no any heralds?

Alira offers nothing for this build except extra resistances. You can change your bandit reward later on.
Heralds are not very useful because firestorm skill has only 30% added damage effectiveness.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 2, 2017, 7:15:23 PM
what abound belt?
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAE0ACSMAACPfsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJy86mpDCPRtGSL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlRa_D6ski8M6Kji-isrTtAxGcYMJb57KSl-wm7WExaEvAAAAAAA=

I was thinking about alternative routes to Vaal pact. What do you think about these 2? I was thinking tha is that evasion really that good or profane chemistry vs bloodsiphon from other route. Both routes are 2 passive points longer than from that bottom life node though.
Last edited by Makek93 on Sep 3, 2017, 3:40:43 AM
"
iSumire wrote:
what abound belt?

rare belt with life and resists. armour is a bonus.
"
Makek93 wrote:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAE0ACSMAACPfsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJy86mpDCPRtGSL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlRa_D6ski8M6Kji-isrTtAxGcYMJb57KSl-wm7WExaEvAAAAAAA=

I was thinking about alternative routes to Vaal pact. What do you think about these 2? I was thinking tha is that evasion really that good or profane chemistry vs bloodsiphon from other route. Both routes are 2 passive points longer than from that bottom life node though.

what problem with the original tree are you trying to address?
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Makek93 wrote:

what problem with the original tree are you trying to address?

I was thinking these nodes which gives increased max life+increased life recovery from flasks and also about those evasion bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info