[3.0] The Scourge { SRS }

Gear

Guide
Level 77 Passive Tree

For bandits we choose 2 skill points. I leveled as full summoner using zombies and skeletons until I felt that srs was strong enough to carry on its own.

You can chose to only run hatred or haste to leave more room for mind over matter to mitigate damage.

The reason I chose granite flask over basalt is because of the 100% increased defenses on the skin of the loyal and I also party with a guardian.

For the chest you can use either tabula rasa, preferably with +1 gems, a rare six link chest, belly of the beast, or skin of the loyal.

FAQ
"
Gorefight wrote:
Hey man, love the build idea!

I'm trying it out on my 3.0 character.

Just wondering, is the "if you have hit recently" trait from The Scourge triggered on the SRS hits? Or does it require you to shield charge into enemies?

Thanks

I use orb of storms and shield charge to hit. SRS hits wont count.

"
How come you use that shield? I thought srs had 100% chance to hit normally?

SRS have accuracy just like all other minions. The numbers are not known, at least to my knowledge.

The build derived from my friend iHuy's build. (Huybinger on HSC)

My Stream
Huy's Stream
Last edited by pathofexilegod on Oct 15, 2017, 3:16:41 PM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2017, 1:41:16 PM
Hey man, love the build idea!

I'm trying it out on my 3.0 character.

Just wondering, is the "if you have hit recently" trait from The Scourge triggered on the SRS hits? Or does it require you to shield charge into enemies?

Thanks
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Looks great. Add videos please.
cheers.
"
Looks great. Add videos please.
cheers.

Thank you. Will be adding more content in the coming days.
Last edited by pathofexilegod on Aug 11, 2017, 8:00:59 AM
Thank you for the video, it looks great.
I will try to gather the gear for it.
"
demondied1 wrote:

You're probably thinking of spells, which are exempt from evasion checks, but the spell component of minions, like SRS, Zombies, and Skeletons, is only in their summoning. The minion itself is its own entity that uses an attack, and attacks can be evaded.

"
SRS have accuracy just like all other minions. The numbers are not known, at least to my knowledge.

The Path of Building program accounts for accuracy. It's interesting to see how much effect the Additional Accuracy Support has on DPS. It starts to really make an impact against higher level monsters. This is one reason why Empower and other level stacking methods squeeze out even more damage for SRS.

I was curious why you were using Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, so I did the math:

SRS converts 50% of its physical damage to fire damage. You also have Hatred with 28% increased aura effectiveness from the passive tree and 39% from Generosity (67% total). Grip of the Council gloves give another 20% cold damage.

----------

55% (EDwA) * 0.5 (SRS fire damage) =

27.5% more damage from EDwA

----------

36% (Hatred) * 1.67 (aura effectiveness) = 60.12% * 1.55 (EDwA) = 93.19% - 60.12% =

33.07% more damage from EDwA with Hatred

----------

20% (gloves) * 1.55 (EDwA) = 31% - 20% =

11% more damage from EDwA with gloves

----------

27.5% + 33.07% + 11% =

71.57% more damage for SRS with EDwA if within aura range.

----------

The obvious downside is you only get 38.5% when Raging Spirits are beyond your aura range.

Alternative red gems would be:

• 1. Empower for +3 levels (Skin of the Loyal boosts it). According to poeDB, level 22 SRS deal 1498 DPS, and level 25 SRS deal 2012.5. That's an increase of 514.5 DPS, or 34.34% more damage. A higher level for SRS also means better accuracy, which would boost the real DPS impact of Empower, but the Lycosidae shield imbues Raging Spirits with perfect accuracy, so accuracy becomes a non-issue.

• 2. Bloodlust for 60% more damage, if paired with an Ancestral Warchief Totem + Chance to Bleed Support. Usable on bosses, but less practical when zipping around during normal mapping.

As Hatred and the gloves scale with physical damage, 60% more physical damage gains another 48.07% damage, or a total of 108.07% more damage.

If you instead replaced Melee Splash, such as for a boss fight, Hatred+gloves+EDwA would boost Bloodlust by another 74.51%, or a total of 134.51% more damage.

• 3. Added Fire Damage for 45% more damage. This puts it higher than EDwA only when spirits are outside of aura range. However, Added Fire does not factor into Hatred+gloves, which, as you can see in the above Bloodlust example, the value of physical damage is significantly amplified by Hatred and the gloves.

If you instead replaced Melee Splash with Added Fire, such as in a boss fight, EDwA would boost it by another 24.75%, or a total of 69.75% more damage.

• 4. Multistrike, lol no.

• 5. Damage on Full Life for 50% more damage. Not reliable against ranged or AOE monsters, as they might get a hit on your spirits.

Hatred+gloves (50 * 0.8012) add another 40.06% damage, or a total of 90.06% more damage.

EDwA+Hatred+gloves (50 * 1.2419) add another 62.1% damage, or a total of 112.1% more damage.

• 6. Maim for 30% more damage and 15% more physical damage taken by the target. As the damage dealt is 50% physical, 50% fire, and 80% cold, less than a third of the spirit's total damage output is still physical. So 15%'s worth drops to <5%.

Hatred+gloves (30 * 0.8012) add another 24.04% damage, or a total of 54.04% more damage. I'm ignoring the debuff in this example, so its real value is slightly more.

EDwA+Hatred+gloves (30 * 1.2419) add another 37.26% damage, or a total of 67.26% more damage.

• 7. Ruthless for 115% more damage every third attack. Divided by three, that equates to 38.33% more damage.

Hatred+gloves (38.33 * 0.8012) add another 30.71% damage, or a total of 69.04% more damage.

EDwA+Hatred+gloves (38.33 * 1.2419) add another 47.6% damage, or a total of 85.93% more damage.

• 8. Brutality, Less Duration, Fortify, lol no.

In conclusion, EDwA looks like a solid choice at 71.57% more damage, but physical damage bonuses from other gems are scaled up exceptionally well by Hatred+gloves. The greatest gain would be Bloodlust at 108.07%, but without a stable source of bleed it's only practical against bosses. Full Life is the next contender at 90.06%, but it evaporates against AOE. EDwA sits in third place, ahead of Ruthless, Empower, and Maim. Surprisingly, Added Fire is the worst of those considered here, and is roughly equal to Maim as a swap for Melee Splash.

I'd say the best swap for Melee Splash versus a boss is Bloodlust>Empower>Ruthless. I put Empower above Ruthless because the extra health might help the spirits survive longer against AOE. If using Empower, you might be able to swap shields to Victario's Charity for the Frenzy Charges, which grant minions 15%x3 increased attack speed (45% total).

Spoiler
Oh, wait, I forgot about Raging Spirit's "Minions gain 30% less Added Damage." Hmm, okay, according to the wiki, Hatred is not affected by this. Looks like Added Damage only applies to flat damage sources.
Last edited by Hercanic on Aug 13, 2017, 3:02:22 PM
What major/minor god to use?
Also, would it be ok to use Faster Attacks+Whirling Blades instead of Increased Duration+Flame Dash?
Last edited by sqvirel on Aug 16, 2017, 8:46:00 AM
"
Hercanic wrote:
The minion itself is its own entity that uses an attack, and attacks can be evaded.

Lycosidae, rly? It's a joke?
Resolute Technique - Your hits can't be Evaded
Discord: Acril.
Last edited by Acril on Aug 20, 2017, 10:25:23 PM
"
Acril wrote:
"
Hercanic wrote:
The minion itself is its own entity that uses an attack, and attacks can be evaded.

Lycosidae, rly? It's a joke?
Resolute Technique - Your hits can't be Evaded

Necromantic Aegis - All bonuses from an equipped Shield apply to your Minions instead of you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info