[3.0]~Bringer of Pain- Dual Strike/Bleed build-(Beginner friendly)

Path of Building (Updated)
https://pastebin.com/0SRRtgCn

A lot of flexibility:
1)you can take red storm and drop chance to bleed, and take added fire or faster attacks.
2)you can take Blood in the eyes ascendancy instead of versatile combatant, then you can drop haemophilia, and use a spike glove or something, but will lose spell block.
3)you can use rumi's for near max block if taking versatile combatant.

Welcome to my first build guide, the Harbinger league atarted a few days already, so it's probably late to call this a starter (or a guide). But there are always people like me who are always out trying new stuff, so here's my progression "guide", so far I really liked the new bleed changes, and I want to combine it with my old Dual striker, and try out Gladiator ascendency at the same time.

What to look for in this build
This build uses the "might and influence" unique jewel to make dual strike into an AoE while still retaining its high damage. And also uses multistrike's auto target 3 hits to proc bleed and explosions from Gladiator ascendency.

Pros
1)cheap while still allowing major improvements for endgame game viability.
2)Fast paced
3)allows for more reckless plays than some other builds
4)Experience the true Gladiator life
5)Arena fun

Cons
1)probably can't do reflect maps
2)Isn't a max block build
3)Doesn't use a shield
4)You need life flasks (no major leech)

Required Gear

This glove gives us the missing 25% bleed from passive tree and gems, bought for 5c

Turns Dual Strike into AoE, bought for 1c (not provided in the new quest)

Recommended easy GG gear
2x Scaevas
bought for 1c each,
Belly of the beast(belly is surprisingly expensive), Kaom's Roots

What I used to level

This with hatred, Hearld of ash gave me a good 10k tooltip on a 4 link.

Gems

(Aim for a 5 link because 6 link is kinda unrealistic.)

Attack Dual strike--Melee Phys--Chance to bleed--Multistrike--Ruthless (Ruthless is actually better than Added fire in PoB)

Movement Whirling blades--faster attacks--blood magic--(Fortify, Warchief or something)

Cast when damage taken CwdT--Immortal call--inc. duration--summon golem (of your preference)

Buffs Herald of Ash--Hatred

And just throw whatever on your weapons.

What I'm still experimenting with
I'm looking to put more life leech.

some alternative choices
1)you can replace haemophilia with red storm near blood magic.

Hardcore viability
If you know how to play hardcore then you wouldn't need to ask.
short answer
Maybe
long answer
This build only has 151% life, but still has space to get 2 more endurance charge (5 total), there's a lot more life node you can grab from life brick, and near marauder sword wheel. Along with the new pantheon system, this will be reflect viable, but I'm not gonna test it because I'm lazy.
Last edited by Enrovy on Aug 29, 2017, 8:34:46 PM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2018, 9:07:54 AM
Save
Wow. that's kind of build im looked for long time.

why you didn't pick Bloodletting? and what your progress so far?
Last edited by OrKToS on Aug 13, 2017, 4:52:14 PM
"
OrKToS wrote:
Wow. that's kind of build im looked for long time.

why you didn't pick Bloodletting? and what your progress so far?

I thought about bloodletting but it kinda requires us to go out of the way to get it.
The concept of this build is to be a fast result seeing.

I've been messing around with other builds, but at lvl71 I can solo atziri deathless, labs are cakewalk, just haven't tried uber. (still waiting for my mate to do endgame grinds)
"
Enrovy wrote:

I thought about bloodletting but it kinda requires us to go out of the way to get it.

I've been messing around with other builds, but at lvl71 I can solo atziri deathless, labs are cakewalk, just haven't tried uber. (still waiting for my mate to do endgame grinds)

I see, cool. I never fight atziri yet, but i think any deathless endgame boss is great.

also, what priority for Ascendancy? at first i picked Gratuitous Violence for better aoe. then i think pick Painforged with Versatile Combatant and leave Outnatch for last, but not sure about last two.

I'm total noob in theorycraft, but i think could be good combo of Overflowing Chalice and health flask with life leech. it will give good uptime of leech and +40% damage.

Or maybe even better will be low level Blasphemy + Warlord's mark.
Last edited by OrKToS on Aug 13, 2017, 5:39:45 PM
"
OrKToS wrote:
"
Enrovy wrote:

I see, cool. I never fight atziri yet, but i think any deathless endgame boss is great.

also, what priority for Ascendancy? at first i picked Gratuitous Violence for better aoe. then i think pick Painforged with Versatile Combatant and leave Outnatch for last, but not sure about last two.

I'm total noob in theorycraft, but i think could be good combo of Overflowing Chalice and health flask with life leech. it will give good uptime of leech and +40% damage.

Or maybe even better will be low level Blasphemy + Warlord's mark.

Ascendancy take gratuitous violence>outmatch outlast

Also I just took the 2 more points into vitality void near duelist.

The reason not many people use overflowing chalice late game, because late game in maps the mob density is high so charges are gained easily.
Do you have a plan to reach Vaal Pact in late game? it's 7 skill points from 10 dex near Brutal Blade and on the way Swagger and Revenge of the Hunted nodes can be useful, but is it worth it?

Last edited by OrKToS on Aug 14, 2017, 6:25:49 PM
"
OrKToS wrote:
Do you have a plan to reach Vaal Pact in late game? it's 7 skill points from 10 dex near Brutal Blade and on the way Swagger and Revenge of the Hunted nodes can be useful, but is it worth it?

I dont think vaal pact will be worth it, unless you are going into a 90+ character
How endgame viable is this build? Or we just don't know yet?
"
eXit0r wrote:
How endgame viable is this build? Or we just don't know yet?

Don't know yet.

My progress so far is Merciless lab and tier 10 map. Izaro and boss in Terrace was melted in seconds. also i have good survivability so i can get few strong hits ( no facetaninkg tho ). But Best part, i still have planty room to upgrade. right now i wanna buy Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste to boost survivability and damage even more.

I love this build so far, dashing around from pack to pack and they all explode with blood and gore. pretty fun. Worst part it's Wirling Blades not works if there's any object on path, so it's killed me few times, but maybe it's just becouse i'm bad at this game.

upd: completed The Beachhead - new unique map ( lvl77 version ). it was very easy.
The Atlas progress: 70/126

Last edited by OrKToS on Aug 20, 2017, 1:38:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info