Harbinger language/symbol translation

It seems that symbols on all "stargates" are the same. But still, one thing changes - those drawings (different symbols) on the ground. There is one center drawing surrounded by other and has circular shape:

Most likely it depicts "stargate". From which we can deduce that symbol:

stands for "portal".

edit:
Few larger drawings on the ground stay the same (including that portal drawing), smaller ones positioned around change.

edit #2:

If my eyes are not mistaking me it seems that there is a new type "Connection symbol" on "stargate":

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 14, 2017, 5:49:32 PM
some more harbinger code

http://poedb.tw/us/area.php?c=Harbinger
What I gathered from reading this thread that I am most sure of, that nobody has said yet:

1:
Fire-symbol + Dash-symbol = flame dash
Dash-symbol + Fire-symbol = flame dash

It seems to be no difference in meaning. Maybe it's as little difference as between saying

"I am here!"
"Here I am!"

Focus differs, but meaning of sentance is almost exactly the same. Maybe some info could be gained from studying this difference, or one could conclude that they mean the exact same thing.

2:
{Portal} around {Time}+{Nova}, wouldn't it be logical if this was just "Portal through spacetime."

3:
Also, don't monsters usually use Unrighteous fire? Not righteous fire? This could mean that the symbol actually means something sinister, rather than sacred.

The last line on the sword "Justified focus on Wraeclast." could literally really mean "Sinister focus on Wraeclast." or "Sinister gaze on Wraeclast."
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 15, 2017, 7:18:23 AM
The entire sword could read:

Pantheon around unholyness increasing/increased chance/chances of striking
Pantheon around unholyness {???} on expansion
Pantheon around unholyness focus on {??? (void?)}
Unholy focus on Wraeclast

Rewritten to make meaning more apparent as I read it:

The dark gods prowl
The dark gods scatter and grow
The dark gods gaze through the void,
And set their unholy focus on Wraeclast

The helm could read:

Portal through spacetime
Gods withoud purpose
Gods around unholy prison over gods
Pantheon around unholyness {??? (fight? defeat? win?)} over gods around the arcane

I'm guessing I'm a bit off. But I think trying to translate the uniques into sentences and concepts consisting of more than one symbol would be informative, as there are many instances of the same symbols following each other in a specific order in the flavourtexts.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 15, 2017, 7:30:45 AM
"
Zorajin wrote:
The entire sword could read:

Pantheon around unholyness increasing/increased chance/chances of striking
Pantheon around unholyness {???} on expansion
Pantheon around unholyness focus on {??? (void?)}
Unholy focus on Wraeclast

Rewritten to make meaning more apparent as I read it:

The dark gods prowl
The dark gods scatter and grow
The dark gods gaze through the void,
And set their unholy focus on Wraeclast

The helm could read:

Portal through spacetime
Gods withoud purpose
Gods around unholy prison over gods
Pantheon around unholyness {??? (fight? defeat? win?)} over gods around the arcane

I'm guessing I'm a bit off. But I think trying to translate the uniques into sentences and concepts consisting of more than one symbol would be informative, as there are many instances of the same symbols following each other in a specific order in the flavourtexts.

Or the last line on the sword could be like: "increasing concentration of faith (or unholiness) in the wreaclast"
Whats baffling me is that there are different ways how you can interpreter these symbols and it is allowed to add extra words to make translation more fluent. I am not native english speaker, so its extra challenge.

Also, cant find enough solid evidence to make translation of all symbols. Maybe there is something i haven't found yet or is it intended that some of those symbols should be guessed?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
The large symbol with the four beneath it might not mean gods/pantheon, but rather the harbingers themselves as a group, or their arrival.

Many small marks under a larger arrow pointing down, like a location marker, and/or an indication of arrival.
"
pastooleo1 wrote:
The large symbol with the four beneath it might not mean gods/pantheon, but rather the harbingers themselves as a group, or their arrival.

Many small marks under a larger arrow pointing down, like a location marker, and/or an indication of arrival.

But why exactly four smaller marks beneath? I am leaning more towards this: that those arrows pointing down and consequential arrow bellow is more spread out than the upper one shows the descendance of 4 major gods, though this is more of a guess because haven't found solid evidence for this (yet).
I didn't screenshot, but I just fought a the Harbinger listed as HRB6 on this site (scroll down) http://poedb.tw/us/area.php?c=Harbinger

His mobs kept growing and I almost couldn't kill one of them on my autobomber.

While the first symbol meaning Harbinger is known, and the last two meaning flameblast are known as well, the second symbol could maybe mean something like "Tanky", or "Union of Souls -effect", or "Massive Shrine -effect"? It would explain why I had to kite the Harbinger away without killing the rare, until later when I returned with the Harbinger dragged half of the zone away and the rare mob lost the buff. Then it turned small again, and became somewhat easier to kill.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 15, 2017, 10:51:34 AM
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Or the last line on the sword could be like: "increasing concentration of faith (or unholiness) in the wreaclast"
Whats baffling me is that there are different ways how you can interpreter these symbols and it is allowed to add extra words to make translation more fluent. I am not native english speaker, so its extra challenge.

Also, cant find enough solid evidence to make translation of all symbols. Maybe there is something i haven't found yet or is it intended that some of those symbols should be guessed?

It was a lot of guessing. I tried to piece together stuff others had found to read the entire uniques :P
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 15, 2017, 11:11:29 AM
"
Zorajin wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

It was a lot of guessing. I tried to piece together stuff others had found to read the entire uniques :P

:)

I am also guessing, hard to get accurate translation while some symbols are unknown

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info