[3.1] FoxTactic's - Arc of the council build "Good all arounder"

How necessary is the Berek's Grip ring? I know you'll want it eventually, but can you survive without it?

I'd like to try this build, but don't have 80c to spend on one item.
"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."
Made it to lvl85 or something before using it, ive survived past leagues without one, but the setup would need to different i assume, cwdt + warlords mark wouldnt be optimal without the ring, warlords would be needed on a curse on hit setup aswell to compensate.
Ring is so good. 1% leech when most items for casters have 0.2%,
Last edited by FoxTactics on Aug 15, 2017, 1:38:38 AM
Do you have to use spells to shock? Or can you use lightning attacks to shock, as well?

Say if you did something like Thunderfist, and used KB+Barrage
Any reason on why NOT to use Surgebinder Dragonscale Gauntlets?
Is it possible to use Frostbolt instead of arc (while either swapping out 2 jewels for frozen trail or having gmp+faster proj). Since frost bolt clears extremely fast, you'll still have the shock from orb of storms. Perhaps also using "added lightning" or "innervate" to still shock reliable with Berek's? Or is it mandatory to have your clearing ability be lightning? If so what are some other good lightning skills?

Just from watching some of your vods arc just seems to clear very slow, but the dmg you deal with flame surge is very high, so i overall still like the build, arc just kinda seems iffy.

EDIT: Going to try this once i'm actually leveled, use 2 frozen trail jewels and switch them out for regular DPS jewels vs end game bosses only (shaper, guardiands, uber aztiri). Use Frostbolt/innervate/ice bite with either inc crit or spell echo. This should be enough to shock regular packs, i'll also use a weapon with flat lightning damage if need be.
Last edited by fubgun on Aug 16, 2017, 9:10:17 AM

I was wondering if I should link Flame Surge-Spell Echo-crit in it instead of the ones yet.

Want to Switch Elemental Support for Spell Echo and add Ice Bite or should I roll it 4 blue linked and use it for Arc-Elemental Support-Faster Cast-Spell Echo?

I am only Level 38 so it is for leveling tho.
Hi Neun, few things that might make leveling a little bit easier.

Keep your arcane surge at a lower level so it is easier to proc it with your orb of storms. As of right now it takes you multiple casts to get the arcane surge buff. If you keep it at level 7 it only requires 32 mana, while the buff stays relatively the same.

If you are limited to a 3-link with your flame surge I would recommend going with flame surge+spell echo+elemental focus. You won't be applying your ignite with flame surge, so the elemental focus doesn't have too much of a downside.

Arc with spell echo+ice bite+controlled destruction is probably a good option for your 4-link.

If you'd like some gear to make the leveling process a little easier, feel free to message me @NegativeClearSpeed sometime.
How do I apply shock to bosses? Even with vaal lightning trap I'm getting totally buttfucked by bosses. Is it the lack of 6-link?

Also what did you guys do to get stun immunity? I keep dying to some packs due to stun and to bosses due to lack of leech because I can't shock them.

Or maybe I'm just lacking damage, dunno.
"
zgeer wrote:
Hi Neun, few things that might make leveling a little bit easier.

Keep your arcane surge at a lower level so it is easier to proc it with your orb of storms. As of right now it takes you multiple casts to get the arcane surge buff. If you keep it at level 7 it only requires 32 mana, while the buff stays relatively the same.

If you are limited to a 3-link with your flame surge I would recommend going with flame surge+spell echo+elemental focus. You won't be applying your ignite with flame surge, so the elemental focus doesn't have too much of a downside.

Arc with spell echo+ice bite+controlled destruction is probably a good option for your 4-link.

If you'd like some gear to make the leveling process a little easier, feel free to message me @NegativeClearSpeed sometime.

Thank you very much! I def. will message you :)
And thanks for the tips. I just realised the Thing with Arcane Surge yesterday but had it already on Level 11.. needed to get me another one so I can start at lvl 1 AS again.

Then I'll go with Ice Bite for the 4th gem, thx! :)
@FoxTatic

I see you've switched to Viod Batteries in your profile. A couple of questions.

1. How viable is the build towards end-game, without these wands?
2. Would good wands, not VBs, be a better choice than 'okish' daggers?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info