[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

Let me start of by sketching a picture.

It's 10 in the evening, i grab myself a cup of coffee and poor some mint flavored honey in it. I proceed to walk to my pc and load up around four pages of poe-trade.
I fill in the required item attributes and items i am looking for and start browsing a bit.

I see a bunch of API abuse fuckers listing their items (aka = highly overpriced reselling), excuse the poor language but i'm a normal gamer, normal dude looking for some fun gears to waste my orbs on. Not working the system like a mad man forgetting the implication of the meaning of fun in the process.

BUT lo and behold! I press refresh on one of my item searches and see a soul-mate listing an item at a regular decent "no fucks given just making some orbs and enjoying the game" price.
Obviously, i wisp this blessed person.

Don't forget, i was checking this item page and just refreshed that stuff "live" sort of speak, this item was maybe listed for around 2 seconds.

He told me, not to my surprise i must add, that the item was already sold some minutes ago.

And for sure, that item is relisted to an "API abuse fucker" standardized price some time later.

Now i could proceed with story's like this, like how i put a 90life/double resis helmet in my stash for 5C and getting pm'd instantly the moment it enters my public tab etc...

But my question or contemplation is, how is the common man suppose to play when people are abusing api's to this extend.
Obviously, without resorting to their level of abusing the system.

I somewhat miss the old days where i could just "snipe" an item normally and get that feel good rush from obtaining it. Now it seems it's all automated excluding the actual human experience of "sniping" from the equation.

Thought's on this subject? Feel free to contribute but keep it civil.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 10:25:43 AM
short answer, we need a real trade system
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
short answer, we need a real trade system

this

or

continue to embrace this BS. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

It's every league same story wit those bowlbags doing what they do.. is sad that GGG don't do anything about it.. We need some trading system. I like t system Guild Wars 2 have;) but that's a different game;) mayb 1day we will have some peaceful trading experience in PoE;) but for now we can just dream about it;)
GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
I am trying to avoid build that require excessively meta items to mitigate this.
The question is, which system would make it so that you can't automatize it? Like chinese ah where you have to manually search?

I really don't know.

Today I sold an exalt since I needed 1 piece of gear, got around 30 pms at the same time after listing it. Not a fun experience, had to set /autoreply.

Good thing I don't trade much. I rather have more fun farming for gear.
Spreading salt since 2006
Oh yeah, damn somebody got that item quicker. Sorry for you, but if you have a little bit patience you get the items you want. I hear "sorry sold" often too, but thats how it is. Early bird catches the worm. What are the alternatives? A completly locked in trading System. An Auction house will never come like they say for years and i hope it will stay that way so the other option would be kinda like the nearly same thing we have right now and still can be used and sniped (Like literally every game, may it be World of warcraft, the Diablo 3 aution house, both final fantasies and so on. You can allways catch the stream of data and read it out. Thats just how software works. Of course they could encrypt it and so on but that would be such an super big Task with a not very high win. OR The second options is just like it was with Diablo 2 and games from that time: Ingame Trade chat or Forums... Oh wait wasn't poe.trade exactly that at the beginning before you could price items right in your Tab? Oh yeah it was so there you see how the Circle starts to turn....
dude qqs cause he gets sniped by faster apis than the public one BUT HE ALSO MISSES THE OLD DAYS WHEN HE COULD SNIPE SHIT HIMSELF... oh well...

either get good and make your own indexer, or play ssf

whats the point of this post anyway...

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by sluz on Aug 7, 2017, 5:52:30 PM
"
sluz wrote:
dude qqs cause he gets sniped by faster apis than the public one BUT HE ALSO MISSES THE OLD DAYS WHEN HE COULD SNIPE SHIT HIMSELF... oh well...

either get good and make your own indexer, or play ssf

whats the point of this post anyway...

Peace,

-Boem-

You have no clue what i mean by snipping like we used to.

Searching the forum threads of other people for items manually etc, finding good deals and enjoying that aspect of the game when you finally found that sweet sick (not top tier) item for your build.

Get your misconstrued notion of this being a QQ post out of here.

Fucking explicitly state in the main post "how to go about this without stooping to their level"

Get response "make your own indexer to compete on their level".

Bitch please,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This is disgusting. PoE is built on trading and for items to take 9 minutes to show up for the schmuck using poetrade 2 seconds for the abuser is unacceptable.

Why did 3.0 make poetrade update so damn slowly compared to before?
I don't even expect a response anymore because 80% of the time the item was already bought out 10 minutes before it even showed up on poetrade.

On an unrelated note, where can I find one of these so called API fucks for research purposes? I'm tired of being a peasant.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 7, 2017, 6:23:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info