[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Looks a little bit op. How is it without Abyssus?
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
Thanks boys!

"
bitbite11 wrote:
Starting this up in the temp league. Have about 13 ex atm to invest, do you think kaoms is super important early or should I focus on good rares and stick with a belly early? (kaoms is about 6 ex which is why I ask, its really expensive atm).

Anyways will let you know how it goes.

This is from the budget build section:

You could also try abyssus/lightning coil, but then you're going to be replacing all of your gear to balance wise oak when you swap from lightning coil

"

If you want, you could level with a belly to have your barrage in to be more tanky.

If you are too squishy with abyssus/belly while leveling try this chest instead of abyssus. It will give you more crit/some flat phys, but won't be as much damage. Good one to try! (Shout out to salty for recommending it)

A good belt for leveling is Meginord's girdle, as it gives you flat phys, life%, strength, and a little bit of cold res. A legacy one is even better, but don't spend too much, as it won't be your permanent belt. A hysteria Rustic with the res we need will be the endgame belt.

Boots should have life, move, and resistances to help balance out your wise oak. A free prefix for wed craft is nice, and (as mentioned previously) a 10%pen encahnt is the best.

Gloves should have life, flat phys, resistances to help balance out your wise oak, and a free spot for 12% ias is always nice.

Jewelry should all be steel rings as soon as you can get them, as they are irreplaceable. If you are not leveled enough to use steel rings (lvl 80), use diamonds, if you cannot use diamonds (lvl 67), use a prismatic or coral ring base. Try to get life/strength/flat phys/accuracy on your Jewelery.

Same thing with your amulet. Prioritize flat phys/crit/multi/life/wed, in that order.

"
AvocadoCake wrote:
Looks a little bit op. How is it without Abyssus?

It's still really good, but obviously less damage missing 50 flat phys. For HC I'd drop abyssus and go belly/meginords or something.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I know you've said that Pathfinder is your thing, but what would be pros/cons of going inquisitor? I'm tired of rangers already, would like a change of scenery since I've never played templar.

I have roughly 30ex to invest now in HSC so I think I'm off to a good start. 6L bow, Kaom's and 15ex leftover to look for good phys jewelry. Also, what do you think about Acuity?
"
outpixeled wrote:
I know you've said that Pathfinder is your thing, but what would be pros/cons of going inquisitor? I'm tired of rangers already, would like a change of scenery since I've never played templar.

I have roughly 30ex to invest now in HSC so I think I'm off to a good start. 6L bow, Kaom's and 15ex leftover to look for good phys jewelry. Also, what do you think about Acuity?

It's funny, I have a love/hate relationship with Pathfinder. The most enjoyable parts of the game to me these days is theory-crafting, pvp, and item-crafting. I know many people have zero interest in pvp, but it had so much potential, and I learned more in 6 months of pvp than I did in 4 years playing PVE.

With the introduction of Ascendancy, most notably the Pathfinder, pvp was completely shredded and has no hope of ever really being balanced anymore. So I like showing how OP Pathfinder is, even after the 3.0 "nerf" (what a joke lol). Pathfinder by far is the tankiest offensive character in the game. Is it possible to deal more damage with other builds? Sure! But you'll die quite often. Pathfinder allows you to invest very little in defenses, while dealing "Tier 1" damage. I have made builds with every class except Scion (going to do that one in 3.0 for sure though), and Pathfinder is definitely the easiest to shape into what you want.

Inquisitor you MIGHT be able to squeeze a little more damage, but you'll be full-on glass cannon. You'll need flasks to compensate for not having status immunity, especially in hardcore. Which of the flasks would you get rid of? The anti bleed diamond? The Wise oak? The Dying Sun? The ToH? The Quicksilver? They're locked in man....

With inquisitor, your flasks will be down more than they are up. With pathfinder, they are pretty much always up. Thus meaning we get more res, more max res, more survivability, and more consistent damage while investing very little in defenses.

I don't think Acuities are worth the price tag, plus we need res/ias on gripped gloves for top notch damage and balancing our wise oak. We only have res on boots, belt, and gloves. Everything else is offensive/life!
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 8, 2017, 9:29:15 AM
I did test few things in PoB with ur items and seems that with so op jewellery and jewels u can get that DPS on other combo easily too. Meh seems like budget version won't be that satysfying neither temp league one. I wonder how much DPS i need to kill Shaper comfortably with it. Since i don't know if even 3mln is reachable on temp league.

After changing Bow to Chin Sol(Brood Twine is only like 300k better lol, i though it would be a lot more) and quiver to Signal Fire +1 and then either slow proj or phys proj dmg to phsyical to lighting for full conversion and i got a little bigger DPS.

but ofc Signal Fire gonna be pricy so Doomfletch + Drillneck gonna be more afordable(anyway if u got money for mirror gear u can buy a singal fire too). You can probably get even more but i wasn't changing tree and anything
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 8, 2017, 9:40:24 AM
"

I gotta run, heading into work for a bit so won't be around the PC for a while.

As stated in the guide, this build is made in standard and the only mirror gear you would need to achieve such damage is jewelery which you could use across multiple builds instead of just this one.

Why don't you run some league gear through PoB and see what you get? 3 mod jewels are possible to get if you have time and livesearch/watch your woops. I make all my jewels the same way: buying 3mod ones and slamming them, then selling off what I don't need over time.

I haven't ran the numbers, but I'm confident you can get 3M in league by modifying the gear/tree a bit as needed. This version of the build that I posted is meant to be something you strive to be, not something you can just pick up and buy everything you need for it in 1-2 days. I love min-maxing builds and I really like the amount of damage you can do with doomfletch/drillneck instead of the usual signalfire +1 that everyone already has been using for such a long time.
Looks interesting. Probably gonna test this one out on a budget.

No druidic rites tho?

Edit: Also, do you think the jewel socket between duelist/ranger is really worth all those points? Think you can save 4 points by just pathing the "normal" route instead (down-right from Finesse)

Another option would be to path right from Aspect of the Eagle and take both Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Mastery (Does increased attack physical damage work with Doomfletch? o_o), although thats a few points more expensive than your tree already.
Last edited by Netukka on Aug 8, 2017, 10:29:15 AM
"
Netukka wrote:
Looks interesting. Probably gonna test this one out on a budget.

No druidic rites tho?

Edit: Also, do you think the jewel socket between duelist/ranger is really worth all those points? Think you can save 4 points by just pathing the "normal" route instead (down-right from Finesse)

Another option would be to path right from Aspect of the Eagle and take both Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Mastery (Does increased attack physical damage work with Doomfletch? o_o), although thats a few points more expensive than your tree already.

Oops! I forgot to update the poe.com tree link. I updated PoB links and forgot the tree itself. On my phone atm, will do it when I get home.

Check here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeBS0FtQguCIkPqxGBFHUVIBX9Fr8XlhmOGbQajSLqI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpbLOktgy5TMHwx-jIBN0w31DnUQzFKfU2SUUdS7FVLVvpbJl1oYeJh62KsY6dlTWegbAhsjG9XcFJ07XXLdvd313gZefZ6U3rvfXV_K3-Af_uExYazh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5KAk5CVBZoXmvGbJpuNm7Wdqp63oJ-kwqfUr-uxfLIZtMW3trvjvTa-p8GgwuzDOsPmxKLHncqpz3rTb9N-1CPawdvn3Ubjn-dU53To1umY6mLrFO0_7YPuDu968W3xivaj_W7-uv7I_xD_3g==?accountName=Ahfack&characterName=WavesDontDie

I think I'll get DR next
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 8, 2017, 10:41:34 AM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"

As stated in the guide, this build is made in standard and the only mirror gear you would need to achieve such damage is jewelery which you could use across multiple builds instead of just this one.

Why don't you run some league gear through PoB and see what you get? 3 mod jewels are possible to get if you have time and livesearch/watch your woops. I make all my jewels the same way: buying 3mod ones and slamming them, then selling off what I don't need over time.

I haven't ran the numbers, but I'm confident you can get 3M in league by modifying the gear/tree a bit as needed. This version of the build that I posted is meant to be something you strive to be, not something you can just pick up and buy everything you need for it in 1-2 days. I love min-maxing builds and I really like the amount of damage you can do with doomfletch/drillneck instead of the usual signalfire +1 that everyone already has been using for such a long time.

Yeah u are right, i didn't expect to get items in 5 mins or so. Gonna look for items that are on poe.trade in Harbinger and compare DPS later.

Will Lightning Arrow work also or is Tornado Shot superior to it?

Looking forward to some videos.

edit: might actually try it on Harbinger
First quiver i bought + vaal lol. Not that impressive since they are like 100c now, but still. Pretty poor atm so will leave it for later maybe not sure if there is any point in switching from Singalshot atm.
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 8, 2017, 11:06:40 AM
"
"
Ahfack wrote:
"

Yeah u are right, i didn't expect to get items in 5 mins or so. Gonna look for items that are on poe.trade in Harbinger and compare DPS later.

Will Lightning Arrow work also or is Tornado Shot superior to it?

Looking forward to some videos.

Since we are a point blank build, I really like TS personally bc you can dictate exactly where you want the explosion to happen. LA could also work, but in my head I personally associate LA more with offscreen-y type builds and not point blank builds. I bet it could clear most maps fine though :)
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 8, 2017, 10:57:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info