[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
Eninya wrote:
"
DjNanos wrote:
I like how there is a 'budget' section that in total goes for over 20ex lul

Tabula Rasa (or corrupted 6L), Doomfletch's Prism, Drillneck, random rare boots (Windscream, Redblade Tramplers good alternatives, and somewhat Brinerot), Gripped Gloves with only a phys roll for offense, some Phys + WED rings (doesn't need to be Steel), amulet with Phys + WED or Multi, any WED belt (w/o flask mods or Rustic base--Meginord works, too), and there's like 7 cheap and good helms you can use.

The major offense and defense flasks are admittedly expensive. There's no way around ToH and Dying Sun's costs, but Atziri's Promise and a Diamond Flask are some cheap power.

Lets sat my current budget is 10ex. Let's say that Im gonna use a 6l bow and a 5l belly (or other way around)
=8 ex
if i want a +2 barrage (random helmet tho) i need another 3+ex
dying sun +1ex
ToH +3ex
So, the budget version is at 8ex, going a step forward makes it 15ex

Btw, 8ex isnt budget for most ppl, dont get me wrong...the build i amazing but @OP dont present a budget version when there isnt one.

PS: I almost forgot one item that we need Lioneye's Fall Viridian Jewel +2.5ex
Last edited by DjNanos on Sep 24, 2017, 6:10:30 AM
I got question. Is it possible and enought to kill Uber Atziri lets say around lvl 90 with 20/20 gems and withouth +2Helm and BiS Rings .
I got an other question too, is it possible to play the build as Raider?
Some of us hate playing 12345pianoflask or using a macro for it
So I had a couple of crazy ideas. Possibly a good one, maybe a really dumb one. Just curious for any thoughts on it.

Instead of Kaom's Heart.. what about The Perfect Form? It has 1350+ evasion, 75+ life, 10% increased dex, evasion increased by uncapped cold res.. and the main part.. free Phase Acrobatics for 30% spell dodge and Arctic Armour.

With a 20/20 free AA, we'd get 13% less physical dmg taken and 12% less fire dmg taken.

It's a big loss in life but that's a lot of mitigation. The downside of course is the -30% cold res that would have to be balanced somewhere else.

The other idea is going Iron Reflexes. The tree I'm using is only 3 points away. We'd get hit more often but for FAR less damage. Physical dmg is the main threat, especially if you use Abyssus. Combine this with The Perfect Form + AA and that's a ton of physical mitigation.

I was playing a different build that used this set up and I noticed just how much tankier I felt despite having a lot less life. Things that would hurt this toon I wasn't even dropping in health at all.

As I said.. could be some terrible ideas but I'm curious about others thoughts on this. It's easy to use PoB for DPS calculations but when it comes to balancing mitigation vs overall life, I'm not so sure.
Hey guys. Can anyone with a free time suggest what should I buy next? Because it's kinda hard to judge. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zloezlo

That's my damage calc against shaper. So much worse than OP so need to do somehting

Got about 1k chaos to work with.
Last edited by Zloezlo on Sep 24, 2017, 11:36:35 AM
Hydra with the new amulet (3 curses) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya05UF-rs8E
"
Sphex1933 wrote:
I use curse on hit, assassins mark and herald, but I get no charges, ever.
Do I use....orb of storms WITH those?
I have assassins, herald, curse on hit and hatred on my gloves.

Do you use Elemental Focus? you cannot get charges from that setup with Elemental Focus gem.
"
DjNanos wrote:
if i want a +2 barrage (random helmet tho) i need another 3+ex
dying sun +1ex
ToH +3ex
So, the budget version is at 8ex, going a step forward makes it 15ex

Btw, 8ex isnt budget for most ppl, dont get me wrong...the build i amazing but @OP dont present a budget version when there isnt one.

PS: I almost forgot one item that we need Lioneye's Fall Viridian Jewel +2.5ex

+2 Barrage helmet isn't budget; it's something I don't even have because I don't need it and it's 30 Ex for an Abyssus version.

I waited a LONG time before getting a Dying Sun. Using a Diamond Flask in its place is just as good, but I did nab Taste of Hate because I hoped the physical damage reduction would offset Abyssus for maps (it didn't, but Abyssus is just for Shaper anyway).

Lioneye's Fall is definitely expensive, thanks to the massive price inflating from a popular player's Scion version. Its nodes are good, but can be skipped for a long while. It'll save you a fair amount of points, but otherwise isn't required, either.

A 6L mainstream chestpiece or Doomfletch wouldn't be budget either. The entire idea is doing the build on a budget, not having vastly expensive items you want. There's a lot of substantially cheaper options for making it an effective mapper as you build up your gear over time.

"
projectsix wrote:
So I had a couple of crazy ideas. Possibly a good one, maybe a really dumb one. Just curious for any thoughts on it.

Instead of Kaom's Heart.. what about The Perfect Form? It has 1350+ evasion, 75+ life, 10% increased dex, evasion increased by uncapped cold res.. and the main part.. free Phase Acrobatics for 30% spell dodge and Arctic Armour.

With a 20/20 free AA, we'd get 13% less physical dmg taken and 12% less fire dmg taken.

The other idea is going Iron Reflexes. The tree I'm using is only 3 points away. We'd get hit more often but for FAR less damage. Physical dmg is the main threat, especially if you use Abyssus. Combine this with The Perfect Form + AA and that's a ton of physical mitigation.

The Perfect Form is inferior to Lightning Coil for physical mitigation, and I've used both. Arctic Armour is... helpful, but otherwise not supremely effective half of the time. Also with Lightning Coil, you can use a Vinktar with the Lightning -> Physical conversion, but in reality you don't need Abyssus for mapping. I never bothered trying, and I picked up a Tempest's Binding with +2 Tornado Shot instead. If you bought a +2 Barrage Abyssus and tried to use it, it might be worth trying to invest into the switch. -60 Lightning Res is kind of a pain, but doable. Balancing it for Wise Oak without a Vinktar in your kit will be brutal.

I considered Iron Reflexes, but you don't get Unwavering Stance, so you'll be prone to stunlock normally. You'll also deal more to yourself with Reflect because you'll need to drop Acrobatics to take it. It's another talent with a steep tradeoff, and we don't get a lot of Evasion Rating, but also not a lot of armor, either. I never checked a sim for it, since I just ended up going Phase Acro. I also considered Endurance Charges with Daresso's Defiance for mitigation, too, but generating them was clunky for this build and we don't raise our limit.
Last edited by Eninya on Sep 24, 2017, 3:28:51 PM
change any?

Last edited by TheGrammaton on Sep 24, 2017, 4:59:17 PM
I already have a boss farmer so I just want something that is fun and fast at clearing T11-T13 for currency farming.

With that said and a sub 10ex budget, which items do I need first?

(I'm assuming a 5L Doomfletch will 1 shot the maps I plan to run. Will I rip without Kaoms, etc. etc.)
Last edited by subiedude8 on Sep 24, 2017, 10:25:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info