[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Hey guys wondering what I should be upgrading first, started few days ago and having lots of fun with the build.

https://pastebin.com/7C1BrLfm

These are my PoB items and stats, my main question is what should I be focused on upgrading.
Should I get a steel ring with flat phys/ life into balancing out my resists?
Should I get a kaom's or +1 arrow drillneck first?
Should I be upgrading my gear then get the ring?
Should I be focused on getting my gems to lv20/ 20q+ first?

Please give me some suggestions on how to get more dps while getting more hp too :)
(some gears are still bad because I had balanced resist then I got the flasks and never changed them)

Spoiler

short question regarding elemental damage with attack skills on boots ... how do I get this? I tried searching and find nothing :(. Something else is for belt ... is just got the max. 22% craft and no 42% :(.
"
funkiwi wrote:
short question regarding elemental damage with attack skills on boots ... how do I get this? I tried searching and find nothing :(. Something else is for belt ... is just got the max. 22% craft and no 42% :(.

Haku's benchcraft, cost 1 divine

btw, 1 ex slam went just right
(44 str).
Will slam another when i can, but atm gamble with chaos spam for another Steel ring.
Spoiler

My gear for now

Still need +2 helmet and probably new amulet with 75+ life roll. Can't faceroll guards, have to do some plays from time to time.
"
dane_galen wrote:
I'm having a ton of trouble with Guardians and harder bosses in general.

I've got balanced resists, 2 5Ls, Kaoms, Abyssus, all flasks and in general above average but not GG gear.

I'm currently spending most of my money trying to 6L another Doomfletch, and running labs with Twice Enchanted as much as possible to get the +2 enchant.

My PoB DPS is abysmal compared to yours, even if I straight up remove some of your GG jewelry and make your 6L a 5L.

What else can I do to get more boss DPS/stop the constant 1 shots from bosses?

I'm not the OP, but can maybe help out a bit anyway.

1. thing: level up a bit. Lvl 88 is somewhat low for guardians. You got around 150% inc. HP on the tree, which is on the lower end for abyssus + missing some hp from leveling up. One of your rings (Apocalypse Spiral) is really bad (low life, no accuracy, no flat phys), so you can look for some replacement there. If you manage to get a better filler ring (two-stone) with WO balanced, it may be worth a shot. Ideally you want a steel ring there, if you can manage to keep WO balanced.
The other ring is looking ok for now. Keep in mind, you are missing a lot of dmg from the barrage proj. (5 instead of possible 8), so don't worry about the low value too much for now. You can maybe enchant another helm for sale if you are running twice enchanted anyway - or sell profitable abyssus enchants and buying clean ones.
Last edited by juerk on Aug 28, 2017, 1:44:29 PM

This is my first time crafting rings.. this is looking good so far right? what do I do next?
I've to say for a casual player like me, this build is kind of a challenge. Other thing you need for this build is skill and flask timing, takes time to coordinate all buttons and speacially when you start swaping between bows.

Since this build is popular and very powerful the prices are still rising, i'm gona tell the current gear and currency spent on them.

Started this build with arround 300chaos (bow 5L - yriel/belly 5L - rats nest 40% barrage dmg - unique jewel)
With that no problem leveling and clearing low tier maps (1-5).

Current state:
Toh + WiseOak + DyingSun = arround 400chaos
Doomfletch 6L (barrage) = 15exalteds
Koams Heart 35% fire = 430 chaos
Abyssus no enchant with max STR = 20chaos
Doomfletch 5L (tornado) = 110chaos

Pending:
Drillneck (x2) + arrrow = arround 500chaos both
All rares (boots/gloves/belt/ring/neck) = arround ????? depends.

Right now im at almost 6K life at lvl 90. still need 2 more levels, so I can dodge INT from gear and open the last jewel slot. resists are balanced but with horrible gear without life or other good stats, just for balancing oak.

This build is very INT needy in the early stage, but at lvl 92 you will have to focus on STR, right now im using 30 STR node in the tree.

Resuming, this build is very very very very expensive but right now im farming red maps with a few deaths but I dont care right now I need more currency to go on.

No doubt this build one shot everything when full optimized.

"
Completed 21 Challengesdane_galen wrote:

I've got balanced resists, 2 5Ls, Kaoms, Abyssus, all flasks and in general above average but not GG gear.

I'm currently spending most of my money trying to 6L another Doomfletch, and running labs with Twice Enchanted as much as possible to get the +2 enchant.

My PoB DPS is abysmal compared to yours, even if I straight up remove some of your GG jewelry and make your 6L a 5L.

1. thing: level up a bit. Lvl 88 is somewhat low for guardians. You got around 150% inc. HP on the tree, which is on the lower end for abyssus + missing some hp from leveling up. One of your rings (Apocalypse Spiral) is really bad (low life, no accuracy, no flat phys), so you can look for some replacement there. If you manage to get a better filler ring (two-stone) with WO balanced, it may be worth a shot. Ideally you want a steel ring there, if you can manage to keep WO balanced.
The other ring is looking ok for now. Keep in mind, you are missing a lot of dmg from the barrage proj. (5 instead of possible 8), so don't worry about the low value too much for now. You can maybe enchant another helm for sale if you are running twice enchanted anyway - or sell profitable abyssus enchants and buying clean ones.

Lvl 88 is not too low i did guardians and shaper yesterday with lvl 88 first time. The problem is more likely gearwise. He has no 6 Link bow. Also 0 Steel Rings.Not one Drillneck with additional arrow and hes missing good jewels.
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
"
Completed 21 Challengesdane_galen wrote:

Lvl 88 is not too low i did guardians and shaper yesterday with lvl 88 first time. The problem is more likely gearwise. He has no 6 Link bow. Also 0 Steel Rings.Not one Drillneck with additional arrow and hes missing good jewels.

Sure, but getting lvl 91 or so is so easy - and it literally has now downsides. From the farming he can purchase a piece of gear or tow as well.

Technically you don't need lvls that much, but then again, technically you don't need to play this build to get shaper either.
Are we in any way getting the 50% increased flask effect for 1 extra arrow from dying sun with this? I've been looking into that and am a little confused.
"
juerk wrote:
"
dane_galen wrote:

Thanks!

Will replace the ring this evening, it was probably just part of balancing white oak but I can probably get an upgrade and still manage at.

As far as leveling, I can focus on that, but where will I really be getting more life? Just from %life jewels that I'll then have sockets for?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info