Minion Problems

I know that GGG Devs are aware of most of the problems with minions such as stacking gems and having more minions than you should be able to by doing that. It seems this problem is caused by having the loop of the gems tied to the cap of the maximum zombies and spectres rather than having the minion cap tied to a global variable that all minion gems look at before it determines if it summons or sacrifices and summons.

Another problem I have seen with minions is their ability to clear areas faster than anything I have seen. Even if you don't stack minion gems you can still have as many minions as there are monsters in any given map (except for those few monsters you can't use the corpse of). You can stack your minions by killing a bunch of things, summon up and portal out. Then come back in and your minions are still there but the link is broken between you and them when you leave so they won't follow you but they will continue to attack monsters if they are in range. This means that you can start off in a map and clear it almost AFK and then just go around and pick up the items you want to keep.

I think a solution to the second problem would be to just have minions die when you leave the instance and you just have to start back from scratch in that instance with your minions if you go back in. I like the idea that minions don't follow you to new zones because it makes the game a bit more difficult by not always having your minions all the time. It means that you have to be powerful enough to start taking down monsters without your summons before you can even progress into a new zone.

Any comments on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info