[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
PiX3L wrote:
"
Sry noob question but what exatly pops Elemental overload?

I have +lighting and cold damage to attacks on my jewelry, causes shield charge to proceed EE and EO

Shield charge is with increased crit right?
How do you get the dex to run Arctic Armor and Faster Attacks? I'm following the build, but there's no +dex anywhere. Should I grab a node and plan on removing it later? Or is dex coming from gear, and I just haven't been lucky enough to get any?
Yep, 15% chance that includes the charges aoe.

Charge/fasterAttacks/increasedCrit/fortify

I set this up as I diched the orb of storms setup with witchfire brew flask, orb setp works well if you can't do a witch fire yet
Whats different with the witchfire setup?
"
Callipygian wrote:
How do you get the dex to run Arctic Armor and Faster Attacks? I'm following the build, but there's no +dex anywhere. Should I grab a node and plan on removing it later? Or is dex coming from gear, and I just haven't been lucky enough to get any?

AA and faster attacks don't need to be leveled during leveling, you will get some dex later on gear and you remove arctic armor once you run RF

"
Whats different with the witchfire setup?

It's listed in the skill gem setup, you use a 4l shieldcharge and curse through witchfire brew freeing up 3 sockets
ign: ropefly
Hey guys im wondering what's that 2x skill duration and potency of will nodes? does it add scorching ray debuff duration?
Not sure what is going on, but I have followed the build to a T so far and have all the regen nodes and almost all the life nodes and 3 of the lab points and a phoenix shield and I cannot run RF at all. I have only died 5 times since starting this toon 4 deaths to kitava A10 , and 1 death in a map due to a rare that hit like a truck.

Can some one look at my gear and give me some tips on why I cannot run RF yet even though i should be able to at this point. Character is HoratioPremandus

thanks

sojurne
Last edited by sojurne on Aug 11, 2017, 9:40:09 PM
"
sojurne wrote:
Not sure what is going on, but I have followed the build to a T so far and have all the regen nodes and almost all the life nodes and 3 of the lab points and a phoenix shield and I cannot run RF at all. I have only died 5 times since starting this toon 4 deaths to kitava A10 , and 1 death in a map due to a rare that hit like a truck.

Can some one look at my gear and give me some tips on why I cannot run RF yet even though i should be able to at this point. Character is HoratioPremandus

thanks

sojurne

- You are missing 2.8% life regen from the tree
This alone will fix your problem.
Use some of the uniques listed in the guide but just equipping an immortal flesh belt will be enough to not degen (y)
the 2% more fire ress from pof lvl 20 will also help later on.

Also you are using 2 "useless" fire dmg jewels, replace them with life + anything listed in the jewel section or just Life% if you can't afford it.

"
Hey guys im wondering what's that 2x skill duration and potency of will nodes? does it add scorching ray debuff duration?

Yes the talent makes it possible to reach 8 stacks due increased debuff stacking

ign: ropefly
sojurne:

Unspec 5 points on the left side by Elementalist. Respec those points into Arsonist and Barbarism. That should fix your degen.

Then switch your Inevitability jewel for the Unique Survival Secrets jewel that gives 3 mana regn and 10% elemental damage.
"
Asymetricals wrote:
sojurne:

Unspec 5 points on the left side by Elementalist. Respec those points into Arsonist and Barbarism. That should fix your degen.

Then switch your Inevitability jewel for the Unique Survival Secrets jewel that gives 3 mana regn and 10% elemental damage.

Ive made the changes and got the immortal flesh belt, in T1 maps i have to constantly spam my mana flask and still get hit kinda hard not something im used to having gone through the game without barely dying. I have Atzri Foible as well but i cannot wear it as I will then lack the DEX needed to equip ROTF lol so Im trying to figure out ways to get around that to get more mana. I'll keep working on it and use RF here and there and see how it goes.. I am also playing maps with another player so that could be adding to the damage intake being that mobs are stronger with another person in the game.. will try solo and see how it goes..

btw do you all for for straight armor or Armor/ES ?

any other changes or suggestions would be welcomed. Really enjoying this toon!!

thanks

S
Last edited by sojurne on Aug 12, 2017, 12:39:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info