[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
IDK if that is updated for 3.0, as it talks about increased damage from ailments and the changes to burning.

I've had singularity for 1 level but it does feel and look like it did more damage to hindered targets, I'll do some more testing when I get off work and see if I can record it.

Oh I just tested it in path of builder and trusted the wiki it did not work.
But it's 60-80% more dmg with hits (we do not hit we either rf or SR) and ailments are stuff like ignite/shock/freeze/bleeds etc.

Does our burn damage from RF and SR counts as an ailment while we do not hit our target ?
I don't have time to test it today but I'll test it tomorrow if you haven't already!

ign: ropefly
"
ropefly wrote:

"
IDK if that is updated for 3.0, as it talks about increased damage from ailments and the changes to burning.

I've had singularity for 1 level but it does feel and look like it did more damage to hindered targets, I'll do some more testing when I get off work and see if I can record it.

But it's 60-80% more dmg with hits (we do not hit we either rf or SR) and ailments are stuff like ignite/shock/freeze/bleeds etc.

Does our burn damage from RF and SR counts as an ailment while we do not hit our target ?
I don't have time to test it today but I'll test it tomorrow if you haven't already!

I have both sceptres mentioned before, and I get off work in 2 hours, and will post my results

edit: ok after a bit of testing maybe I was wrong, really wish we had DPS dummies in hideouts...
Last edited by PiX3L on Aug 10, 2017, 4:26:57 PM
"
PiX3L wrote:
"
ropefly wrote:

"

I have both sceptres mentioned before, and I get off work in 2 hours, and will post my results

edit: ok after a bit of testing maybe I was wrong, really wish we had DPS dummies in hideouts...

Aight thanks for testing ! I knew it was too good to be true xP
ok what body armors are we thinking for this build? Carcass/belly/rare?
Is there any reason for wanting Armor/ES gear? Or did you just happen to get ES gear?

EDIT: Nevermind just did some research into RF
Last edited by Kefka92 on Aug 10, 2017, 8:02:23 PM
so I got tired of using Orb of storms all the time, and now pohx made a similar video but ill explain what I ended up doing

4L -> shield charge/fortify/faster attacks/increased crit strikes

then I got some +cold and + lightning to attacks

now my shield charge spamming procs EE + EO + Fort and I use Witchfire brew for cursing rares

my shield charge has 15% crit chance compared to orb of storms 11% both were using increased crit strikes

this is freeing up some sockets for me, so I plan on running enduring cry and rallying cry attached to increased duration

then have I have a CWDT setup, havnt though of either Vaal grace/discipline for the 4th link in that setup to take advantage of the increased duration in the setup, would be a good oh-shit button.
Last edited by PiX3L on Aug 10, 2017, 11:08:56 PM
got lucky and had a belly of the beast drop and was able to afford a rise of the pheonix, made the transition to rf my regen is still a bit on the low side for any real fight with rf on but it all looks good planning to buy a doryanis catalyst soon as
Can anyone give me some advice, you can look at my build and tell me what I need to change, I am stuck around tier 8 maps.

I tried to follow the build but am definitely willing to make changes. I have 3.6k life and 2k mana. I can sustain righteous fire on consecrated ground.

I have only died 3 times but really want to get into higher tier content and am unsure where to go next.

Will doryani make that big of a difference or are there other things I cna do. I have around 50 chaos as of writing this.

Thanks
"
DualHalo wrote:
Can anyone give me some advice, you can look at my build and tell me what I need to change, I am stuck around tier 8 maps.

I tried to follow the build but am definitely willing to make changes. I have 3.6k life and 2k mana. I can sustain righteous fire on consecrated ground.

I have only died 3 times but really want to get into higher tier content and am unsure where to go next.

Will doryani make that big of a difference or are there other things I cna do. I have around 50 chaos as of writing this.

Thanks

Doryani will definitely make a difference in damage however you are somewhat on the low side for life. I'm level 75 and at 4.8k hp and still can upgrade a lot of rares with more life. You should consider upgrading your gloves and getting a rare belt. Also it really shouldn't be required to use a shaper's seed amulet so try to upgrade that as well. I'm up to Tier 8-9s and able to run RF perfectly fine with no problems. Use Abberath and Arakaali if you are having trouble with RF but with 2k mana and a higher life pool you shouldn't have any issues.

Also you should definitely pick up Elemental Equilibrium, it seriously gives a huge damage boost on strong rares and bosses. Fix your orb of storm 4L with curse on hit and flammability and you can melt most bosses in 5 seconds.
"
PiX3L wrote:
so I got tired of using Orb of storms all the time, and now pohx made a similar video but ill explain what I ended up doing

4L -> shield charge/fortify/faster attacks/increased crit strikes

then I got some +cold and + lightning to attacks

now my shield charge spamming procs EE + EO + Fort and I use Witchfire brew for cursing rares

my shield charge has 15% crit chance compared to orb of storms 11% both were using increased crit strikes

this is freeing up some sockets for me, so I plan on running enduring cry and rallying cry attached to increased duration

then have I have a CWDT setup, havnt though of either Vaal grace/discipline for the 4th link in that setup to take advantage of the increased duration in the setup, would be a good oh-shit button.

Don't forget arcane surge ? It adds a MORE (not increased) multiplier to spelldmg like RF and cast speed so it's pretty much a must have.

Vaal discipline will generate shield and make you burn more.

While sacrificing a flask slot for a witchbrew keep in mind it barely does more dmg than flammability (132k vs 139k on rf and 98k vs 102k).
You also can't safecast stuff + curse or apply EE while channeling I think this option is more for a pure RF build but I will add it to the list !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info