[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Loving the build.. tons of fun... What jewels should i use? Thanks a lot for posting the build btw.
"
osiwm wrote:
A few questions from someone looking to play this build:

Is the Deep Wisdom node worth it?
+30 mana boils down to 67.5 mana with modifiers
And i understood that ES is to be avoided, since it ups damage of RF, but doesnt synergize with life regen.

How important are the increased duration nodes?
I see Orb of storms, Arcane surge, rallying cry and burn stacks of Scorching ray benefiting.
In case of the first 3, you can basically cast them 30% less often, and with scorching ray, the stacks last longer. Is that worth 3 passive points?

I'm wondering about the same thing. As for now I'm skipping those nodes, until someone can give me a good reason to spend 3 points on them.
IGN Mahavir
"
I play this build and I am able to hold RF with RotF, but I don't have enough mana regen to cast other spells so I end up just running around with RF active burning everything. How can I improve my mana regen to handle the drain? My life regen is high enough that I don't lose any HP.

- Use rallying cry
- 4 link the orb of storm so arcane surge adds 0.6% mana regen
Arcane surge + rallying cry should fix the mana in combat.

To add extra regen:
- Buy some jewelry with + mana(flat mana inc helps a lot) and/or %increased mana regen
- look for arm/es base gear so you can have high life + mana + resists (pure armour/ev can't roll + mana)
- load your current gear into Path of builder to see how much mana regen you are missing

"
Loving the build.. tons of fun... What jewels should i use? Thanks a lot for posting the build btw.

Added a jewel section !

You will want life + fire damage and/or increased dmg over time.
Please note that these jewels are currently super expensive on the HC Harbinger

I would settle with %life and increased damage over time damage for now

"
osiwm wrote:
A few questions from someone looking to play this build:

How important are the increased duration nodes?
I see Orb of storms, Arcane surge, rallying cry and burn stacks of Scorching ray benefiting.
In case of the first 3, you can basically cast them 30% less often, and with scorching ray, the stacks last longer. Is that worth 3 passive points?

They are fairly important for single target damage:

The sole reason why we have increased duration is simply to stack our 8 stages of SR.
We get a lot of free cast speed from the ascendancy + the skill duration makes it possible to reach 8 stages of SR debuff without using faster casting gem.

It also helps for orb of storm / arcane surge but that's just a bonus.

"
I dont know what i did wrong but it was easy act 1-6ish but i died over 50 times in act 7-10 i had 2.3k hp+mom+5% hp regen and 120% mana regen and max resists, yet every mob one-shotted me

Currently i have 87% fire res and 75 of all the others including chaos, 5.5k hp and 2.2k total mana (1.2k unreserved), 850 life regen per second and 200 mana per second and 40% phys reduction. I still die to trash mobs fairly regularily

I honestly have no problem on hardcore(still no rise of the phoenix):
- Make sure you have fortify linked on shield charge
- Use a decoy totem on bosses or harbingers (These guys can be scary sometimes)
- Abuse Elemental Equilibrium with orb of storm + curse on hit(flamm or enfeeble) to double your dps

If you still have problems message me ingame
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Aug 9, 2017, 12:28:41 PM
"
ropefly wrote:
"

The sole reason why we have increased duration is simply to stack our 8 stages of SR.
We get a lot of free cast speed from the ascendancy + the skill duration makes it possible to reach 8 stages of SR debuff without using faster casting gem.

It also helps for orb of storm / arcane surge but that's just a bonus.

Ah, i was assuming that it refreshed the timer for all stacks with each application (kinda like charges), but of course it is more a BV style of stack with a separate timer each. In that case those nodes are indeed an absolute must :)
Has anyone discussed what Pantheons to use with this?

The 5% reduced fire damage from Aberath looks pretty good. But so does Tokohama if you have the bonus unlocked.
What I have been struggling with is that as I scale up my life, I need to scale up mana as well, or the degen on mana just starts to kick in too hard. I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I should stop scaling life (~5.5k hp, 2.6k mana).
just want to chime in my 2 cents as this build, kinda mimicing ziggy and Dan, two good leveling sceptres is The Supreme Truth into singularity. Until you get afford a Catalyst.

singularity gives a 60-80% damage increase to anything inside RF range, it buffs RF and SR
Last edited by PiX3L on Aug 10, 2017, 12:59:53 AM
Hi i just respecced into this build and am loving it,

curious question tho why build life instead of mana? (RF is draining mana first)

Also do u guys notice to turn off RF u use a mana flask? - im new to RF not sure if this is bug or a mechanic
"
Parthet wrote:
Has anyone discussed what Pantheons to use with this?

The 5% reduced fire damage from Aberath looks pretty good. But so does Tokohama if you have the bonus unlocked.

Added patheons to the guide (in short will update the guide fully tomorrow)

"
Also do u guys notice to turn off RF u use a mana flask? - im new to RF not sure if this is bug or a mechanic

This is not a bug, you simply have a mana potion with remove burn (y)

"
two good leveling sceptres is The Supreme Truth into singularity. Until you get afford a Catalyst.

singularity gives a 60-80% damage increase to anything inside RF range, it buffs RF and SR

While I agree The Supreme Truth is a decent sceptre to level with(some dmg but Decent AS for mobility)
Singularity however DOES NOT work with RF or SR. "The increased damage to hindered enemies" is a conditional modifier. I will quote the wiki now

"There are modifiers that can apply their effects only when a certain condition is met. Modifiers that are conditional on properties of the target do not affect damage over time because only hits are able to check someone else properties.

Some examples:

more Damage against Chilled Enemies from Hypothermia Support
increased Damage against Hindered Enemies from Singularity"

ign: ropefly
"
ropefly wrote:

While I agree The Supreme Truth is a decent sceptre to level with(some dmg but Decent AS for mobility)
Singularity however DOES NOT work with RF or SR. "The increased damage to hindered enemies" is a conditional modifier. I will quote the wiki now

"There are modifiers that can apply their effects only when a certain condition is met. Modifiers that are conditional on properties of the target do not affect damage over time because only hits are able to check someone else properties.

Some examples:

more Damage against Chilled Enemies from Hypothermia Support
increased Damage against Hindered Enemies from Singularity"

IDK if that is updated for 3.0, as it talks about increased damage from ailments and the changes to burning.

I've had singularity for 1 level but it does feel and look like it did more damage to hindered targets, I'll do some more testing when I get off work and see if I can record it.
Last edited by PiX3L on Aug 10, 2017, 9:06:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info