Arcane Surge

Hi, so question i have seen answered anywhere.

How does arcane surge apply to channeled skills? Does the cast speed and damage buff apply straight away during casting, or do you have to let go of the skill button and recast it for it to take affect?
Can this skill be changed to work with Blood Magic?
Hey, got a question concerning
Righteous Fire + Arcane Surge + Swift Afliction

ok ... so far i know that Arcane Surge adds a duration part to it so that Swift Afliction works...

but as RF doesnt have any Manacosts, i dont know what level for Arcane Surge would be correct...

can you help me out ?

thx
"
mevana81 wrote:
Hey, got a question concerning
Righteous Fire + Arcane Surge + Swift Afliction

ok ... so far i know that Arcane Surge adds a duration part to it so that Swift Afliction works...

but as RF doesnt have any Manacosts, i dont know what level for Arcane Surge would be correct...

can you help me out ?

thx

Questions don't belong here. I suggest you ask future questions in the right section, or perhaps on Reddit's weekly questions thread.

For Arcane Surge, the level doesn't matter if this is the only way you're using Arcane Surge. Its only purpose is to add the duration tag to RF. There are a few advantages you can get out of your Arcane Surge gem though:

1. If you have another way to get Arcane Surge (such as via another Arcane Surge gem triggered by another skill that uses mana, Arcane Blessing on Hierophant ascendancy, etc), you can benefit from "Supported Skills deal (10-19)% more Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge". In this case, you can level it up to max for 19% more Spell Damage on RF.

2. You can use a max Quality Arcane Surge gem anyway, since every 1% Quality on Arcane Surge provides 0.5% increased Spell Damage to Supported Skills, which means up to 11.5% for RF.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Jul 25, 2019, 11:16:43 PM
"
thsscapii wrote:

1. If you have another way to get Arcane Surge (such as via another Arcane Surge gem triggered by another skill that uses mana, Arcane Blessing on Hierophant ascendancy, etc), you can benefit from "Supported Skills deal (10-19)% more Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge". In this case, you can level it up to max for 19% more Spell Damage on RF.

2. You can use a max Quality Arcane Surge gem anyway, since every 1% Quality on Arcane Surge provides 0.5% increased Spell Damage to Supported Skills, which means up to 11.5% for RF.

Just clarifying RF doesn't deal spell damage so it really doesn't matter for pure RF, and even if you use doedre's malevolence to have a mana cost on RF, you won't be getting the arcane surge buff unless you spend the mana on activating RF. Alternatively you can level up the gem to try to get a 21/20 or whatever arcane surge to sell and swap out for a new one or something I guess.
[/quote]

[/quote]

hello,

i currently have set up like this

skill A- arcane surge lev 1-0% quality
skill B- arcane surge lev 1- 0% quality
skill C- arcane surge not lev 1- 0% quality

if i trigger arcane surge lev 1 using skill A

does the "Supported Skills deal (10-19)% more Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge" apply to skill B and C ? since it say when you have the buff, not clearly say where the buff come from. i checked but noone asked the same question.

to be specific, how is it when skill B is a normal skill (like Arc), and when skill B is a minion skill (like flame golem-no mana using /spectre-use mana).

second question is "Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it" is the "you" count minion?

found similar question here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451600/page/1#p21741611

found reddit say zombie can trigger arcane surge when attack, is it a bug and fixed?
my build :

[3.8] ice golem 7m+ UE dps - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2615681/page/1#p22292507

[3.8] ZOMBIE AND THE BOIS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628455/page/1#p22347490
The bug where you can't activate arcane surge if you use eldrich battery is still not fixed.
Does Arcane Surge trigger with Herald skills?
Since it is not an aura, in my head it would make sense that Arcane Surge would trigger, as long as the mana reserved exceeds the amount of mana needed to trigger Arcane Surge. But this is all theory and I'm not able to test it out at the moment. Can anyone tell me?
arcane surge tooltip is broken.. add cannot support triggered skills bcs it doesnt work with trigger.
fk archnemesis.
Arcane surge is not working after aura rework,It increases the linked aura mana reserve.But when Linked aura spend required mana for Arcane surge to be activated,its not working like it should be.Is it known issue by staff?
Last edited by Pumchhy on Apr 26, 2021, 11:41:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info