Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

"
randi wrote:
This is an arpg you can outlevel content. To me leveling feels way to fast and easy. I want to hit walls sometimes. Kitava is ofcourse a bit overtuned but be glad so you can stay a little bit longer in the new act. Im sure they will turn the fight to easymode a few weeks into the league sadly.

Hmm Stay in act 10 longer or just rush through act10 an do T1 maps that give better gear than Kitava yehh.... Choices are slim :x
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Xavathos wrote:
There is a place you can stand. Right under him. Besides, the damage is not as dramatic as you make it seem. If I could survive it on a caster with 3k life and capped res without using any flasks, so can you.

I have to call BS on this, I just ran through it with my ranger with capped resists, 4k life, and I couldn't sit in his fire for any length of time even with leech and life flasks going. Even when there wasn't fire, there was often huge area of effect I couldn't avoid just because there really wasn't anywhere to go - teleporting out of the area of effect meant teleporting into minions who hit significantly harder or teleporting into other areas of effect.

They shouldn't base the damage of a boss fight on being able to port to town.
Just Saw This Forum And I Just Want To Say

Today, First Time Fighting Kitava
My Character
Zero Deaths Until Kitava Act 10 Boss Fight
Lmao
Had To Portal Out None Stop
Took Me 5 Mintues To Kill Kitava
At The End, Went From Zero Deaths To Four Deaths

All Cap Res
3.7k HP
32k DPS
45% Reduce Armour
Atziri Promise On
Basalt Flask On
4 Frenzys On
.8 Life Leech
50 Life Regen
2 Eternal Hp Flask

Still Dies...

This Was Just Like Malachai When He Was First Released

Too Much On The Screen, So Little Place To Move Around, Too Much Boom Boom

Lol

XD
"
DerHuhnTeufel wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
There is a place you can stand. Right under him. Besides, the damage is not as dramatic as you make it seem. If I could survive it on a caster with 3k life and capped res without using any flasks, so can you.

I have to call BS on this, I just ran through it with my ranger with capped resists, 4k life, and I couldn't sit in his fire for any length of time even with leech and life flasks going. Even when there wasn't fire, there was often huge area of effect I couldn't avoid just because there really wasn't anywhere to go - teleporting out of the area of effect meant teleporting into minions who hit significantly harder or teleporting into other areas of effect.

They shouldn't base the damage of a boss fight on being able to port to town.

Well, it's true. My caster builds never have much life in them and I didn't die even once.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hello!
I'm a casual player(around from summer 2016) and this 3.0 is "normal" until after you deal with Kitava. For all my characters (4 in total this exp) i hit a wall when i loose my resistances. No proper gear, ~lvl 70, no resistances and you are supposed to do maps. Quite frustrating frankly. I may be bad at this game but it still is frustrating that I am stripped bare and thrown to do maps 'naked'.
kitava = uninstall the game.
Not fun. Makes me want to quit the game.
"
wideblacksky wrote:
Not fun. Makes me want to quit the game.

Many did, strictly because of this boss. What are you waiting for?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
11131618570 wrote:
Hello!
I'm a casual player(around from summer 2016) and this 3.0 is "normal" until after you deal with Kitava. For all my characters (4 in total this exp) i hit a wall when i loose my resistances. No proper gear, ~lvl 70, no resistances and you are supposed to do maps. Quite frustrating frankly. I may be bad at this game but it still is frustrating that I am stripped bare and thrown to do maps 'naked'.

Well... the restance loss when you hit maps hasn't changed with 3.0. It's only the point that shifted from the start of merciless to after you kill Kitava.

Just because you can get away with lower uncapped resistances in the storyline now it doesn't mean that you shouldn't prepair for that extra -30% hit. In other words for act10 you should aim for 105% uncapped resistances, or as close you can get.
Just fought him again today, after finally getting around to leveling another character high enough.
As I usually tend to drop off earlier, partially because I dread act 10, as it is a complete tire fire.
And yeah, it reminds me exactly why I stopped playing for several months after my first encounter.

He's is just fucking terrible. Boring, punishing, damn near broken half the time due to lazy, haphazard design. Just a complete cluster fuck. I hate everything about him, and everything about act 10 in general. It is a rushed, half finished pile of crap, with wild swings in difficulty, and almost entirely copy/paste.

And I still hold to the position that the entire act needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
It just makes me want to quit the game. (and having had supported the game for the better part of 2-3 years, that's quite a bloody achievement)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info