An unexpected disconnect occured - 3.0

5 unexpected disconnections in just over 15 mins while in Merc Lab today. This has been a constant problem ever since the expansion and has caused me to stop playing multiple times. Almost 2 months in and still not fixed. This inability/unwillingness to fix this nonsense is why i will NOT give single penny of support and has me counting the days until a certain expansion arrives next month.
I have been seeing the unexpected disconnect message since 9/23. For me, it is random and doesn’t require me to change zones. If I log in and go to my hideout. It will generally occur anywhere from 5-45 mins. It can also happen really frequently as well. It has made the game completely unplayable due to losing maps each time it happens. I did take network traces and am seeing issues, but I’m not a network engineer so I can only understand the issue at a high level. Here is a screen shot what it looks like in Wireshark.

https://imgur.com/a/ny4kX

Can someone else who experiences this issue get a capture with Wireshark and see if the errors are similar?
Last edited by Diabonica on Sep 28, 2017, 9:52:08 PM
"
HappyWaffle wrote:
I've been playing path for years and never had an issue until this league. For some reason for me it only happens in unique maps and the lab. Its getting to a point where this game is unplayable and no longer fun. Just today I got screwed out of FOUR tier 15 Beachhead maps. I'm one "unexpected disconnect" away from uninstalling this game and never looking back.

If anyone has any suggestions to fix this, please let me know.

I'm the same, played for years but I'm getting to the point where I am losing paitence with this game. I've had 2 characters this league die from this error. Now on my last char that I'm willing to make in A7 and I've had it occur 7 times in the past 2 hours. I really feel what you're saying Waffle, this is stopping me from having fun. I'm honestly at the point where if I die to another "Unexpected Disconnect" I'm just going to up and leave also. Every league there seems to be some severe error that affects a good handful of people's game play to the point the game stops being fun.
Stopped playing too, waiting for next ladder and maybe it will be fixed.

Although I never die from it, cause the disconnect is "instant" so even if it happens in huge mob packs, I don't die. It's just very frustrating.
I have same problems. For long time, I could not reach the Ruines Square. Then, some helped me by creating a town portal (so I need not to go trough the torched court again and again) and reducing the graphic options. Now I could enter the Ossuary, the Reliquary, again one disconnetion while using a town portal from a Vaal area.
But, much worse, is that I now can not enter the Cathedrales Rooftop. This constant problems kill all the fun of the game. I want to play Path of Exile, a hack and slay role game, not gambling "enter a new instance of you are out".
Of course there is a way to beat this.

Don't change instances. Don't open any portals or maps or go anywhere. Just hang in town and do nothing. Problem resolved. Thanks GGG.
"
MFairfax wrote:
Of course there is a way to beat this.

Don't change instances. Don't open any portals or maps or go anywhere. Just hang in town and do nothing. Problem resolved. Thanks GGG.

Unfortunately for some of us, even idling in our hideout leads to disconnects. The network traces I’ve provided to GGG are idling ones. They don’t respond much so I’ll never know if they even looked at my captures.
Bump, does GGG even read these forums?
"
Diabonica wrote:
Bump, does GGG even read these forums?

They do, they deleted my post.

But i guess they don't care enough to let us know if they are working on a solution.
Last edited by CKNGU on Oct 1, 2017, 3:29:15 PM

I like big bumps and I can't deny
an unexpected disconnection made me cry

If an unexpected disconnection happens in the woods, and no one is there to notice, does it even happen?

Actually I've found a new bug.

Every time I load the game and login and select my character, a timeout happens and it says "an unexpected disconnection occurred"

This is clearly a TYPO, as it happens every day over and over again and so it should now read:

"an expected disconnection occurred"

GGG please, can you at least fix the typo???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info