Constant disconnects when loading zones

Over a year later, game still unplayable without the --noasync option. I'm given a choice of "unexpected" disconnection every other zone, or massive loading times and stutter.
It is pointless to post this. Today I went on in Wash DC and crashed within two minutes. Then I went to Texas, crashed in first map. This at 415am my time on the east coast of the US.

Seeing as GGG has send publicly that nothing can be or will be until until February I'm outta here until then.

Screw this game. I'd love to play it but I've spent 1K for a new computer and upgraded my internet to the max. No other game causes me the slightest problem on the highest settings which my computer gladly accepts.

Did I mention the piss poor service?
I came here with some hope for finding a solution to my constant DC problems. Lo and behold, I find exactly 0 staff posts for help, only a lot of very upset players who share my frustration. --noasync disable had no effect for me, and there seems to be no response from GGG whatsoever, so... Guess I'll see you all in the real world. I'll be damned if GGG is getting a penny out of me after this.
"
lemonwedge69 wrote:
I came here with some hope for finding a solution to my constant DC problems. Lo and behold, I find exactly 0 staff posts for help, only a lot of very upset players who share my frustration. --noasync disable had no effect for me, and there seems to be no response from GGG whatsoever, so... Guess I'll see you all in the real world. I'll be damned if GGG is getting a penny out of me after this.

It has nothing to do with the configuration of the game as it has been running on the same computer for years.
GGG totally ignores us, as you said no one at GGG has cared or commented anything. It's a shame that after so much time it's impossible to play, instead of progress we go backwards.
Same issue
I'm running a gaming computer.
So I don't believe it's a hardware issue.
Same. Lack of staff posts as usual. Free game just crap support
"
sirdeadmark wrote:
New player and really enjoying the game... except i get DC'd anytime i try to use a waypoint or portal. Even on startup it always fails the first login then lets me in on the second try, every time. Getting really frustrating.

Exactly the same here. Never manage to log in on first attempt. Always long loading, then disconnect, no matter what starting zone I choose. Then, on second attempt I get into the game, try to get to my hideout and dc again. Always happens, no exception, tried on 2 different computers.

I just gave up and automatically alt+F4 the game during the first long loading, because I know I will get dc anyway and it's faster to close and run the client again than wait for the stupid long loading just to get ''unexpected'' disconnection.
same here. Was able to play last league no problem. This league (betreyal) I'm getting one disconnect after another. Gonna try full reinstall and if that doesn't work I will have to quit the game. Really bummed out about it, was really looking forward to this one
Started for me yesterday randomly. Just paid for pure breachstone rota and got stuck in first loading screen. NICE.
After 4minutes of freeze there were like hundres of errors popping up about exceptions that could not be allocated or something.
It's just too buggy this game. Server overload for certain builds, random crashes. random dc. I have never ever had any problems with a game before. I sure do remember why I quit poe the last time, 3 years ago. Might as well end this time too.
Just swinging by to say, I've had this problem for years. Like, as long as I can remember, and I've been playing PoE on and off for years. Lucky you who only got it this league or since 3.0 etc. For me, that's what this game has always been like. I've seen a number of threads about this, always completely absent of any GGG response.

Kinda glad that I'm running out of ideas for new characters that interest me, just finishing my last one and then I'm outta here. Would love to do a final run through all my characters, do a pair of maps with each as a form of goodbye. But I'll be damned if I have to sit through 2-5 disconnects every time I'm trying to get to Oriath so I can waypoint into my hideout. If they at least allowed us to start in the hideout to begin with, I could switch characters from there and just map to my heart's content. But nope, gotta reload the Oriath instance all over again every time I'm gone for more than a couple of minutes.

Whoever designed this instance loading/connection system should just bow out of the industry, cause they're grossly incompetent.
Last edited by lMarcusl on Jan 16, 2019, 4:17:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info