Constant disconnects when loading zones

This happens to me almost every single time I try and load into a hub/city/camp whatever you want to call it. Only very rarely happens if loading into an actual zone, never happens loading into hideouts.

I have a feeling it happens more often if I tab out during loading screens (running in borderless window mode)

Edit:
DX9 mode doesn't fix this
Last edited by Contortrix on Aug 5, 2018, 3:22:49 PM
"
lukaspark wrote:
Same message but it happens every first time i try to get into game, after that there's no issue, if i close the game for a while and enter after an hour maybe, it happens again, and on second try it loads perfectly.

For all those with "unexpected disconnection" message when loading town (oriath) for first time login, i've managed to take on three different solutions:

A) Delete the ShaderCacheD3D11 folder and run the game again, there's no download needed at all, is just the "cache" for textures, so don't worry about reinstalling or redownload stuff. Still you will probably get the same issue again in the next updates or just never at all if u're lucky.

B) Set the launcher for --noasync option, bear in mind that this will cause to load the whole textures everytime you get into a town, HO, or map, etc, meaning the loading screen will remain untill all textures are loaded. Not the best choice overall, unless you got powerful rig regarding CPU and RAM.

C) Buying SSD, this is the ultimate solution for loading issues in everygame, reddit is overflowing with people talking about this issue and how SSD totally changed the equation.

In summary, this specific issue probably comes from the cache of the textures in the game, while trying to get you into the game before the textures are fully loaded, the game seems to crash on a certain point and forcing the disconnection from the game.
How is buying an SSD supposed to fix us getting disconnected from the game, stop trolling dude.
things i tried :
-deleting cache folders: dxshaders, some cache from documents folder, wipe whole windows and install game from scratch
-noaasync
-all directx modes
-all graphics modes
-steam / nonsteam client
-64bit 32bit client
-other servers/ predictive / lockstep
-portforwarding
nothing of this works, DC when changing zones are so annoying and yes i could live with it but I CANT FINISH LAB! got this problem from like last update prior to flashback
and yes i have SSD

losing offerings to this crap is so infuriating , going for 3rd Izaro phase with key/enchants huh? get DC!
Last edited by LiquidChair on Aug 7, 2018, 3:34:02 PM
I contacted their Tech Support email about this and after they made me run diagnostic for package loss and ping (which is perfect btw) they told me to contact my ISP because "there's a spike to 140 ping at one second".

All I can say to that is f*k you too GGG. 🖕
Can't believe I actually expected tech support to be useful. Do these guys even work at the GGG office?

Told them how the dc scales with amount of players in a league or in a zone. Told them this was very clearly an engine issue. Told them to provide me with some form of debug script. Completely ignored.
Last edited by Contortrix on Aug 8, 2018, 3:35:28 PM
I have reinstalled windows and installed fresh poe and loading from hdd is much better.
"
Contortrix wrote:
How is buying an SSD supposed to fix us getting disconnected from the game, stop trolling dude.

I'm not trolling dude, you are. SSD gives huge boost to loading times in games overall, don't go pointing out stuff about people u don't know shit about. If you don't believe me go to reddit and check on the same issue with SSD and HDD.
I just reinstalled POE from my HHD to my SSD and I am still getting DC...Even tried lowering my graphics settings and it still happens. This is stupid...
Also currently experiencing loss of connection when zoning. No packet loss detected. Definitely a server issue. This is really obnoxious when trying to run temples.
How many use a router? I find out my router is disconnects me when i change zones. I tried all ports-foward instaled a vpn nothing work except only when i Connect my internet cable from my Isp directly to the PC.. game never disconects me and i cant do labs just fine...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info