Constant disconnects when loading zones

i am surprised no GGG response yet to 72 pages of comments. not very typical.
After multiple attempts, that I described above (deleting cache, only running neversink filter strict and semi strict), I added a third fix to my list and now it seems to be working fine, most of the time.

What I did was adding

--noasync

to my POE64.exe. It will disable the asynchronous loading, which obviously plays a major role in the problems we players have.

Go try it out :)
Many disconnect or no-connect issues. Have wasted many maps, zone completions to not be ablde to continue and have to start the zone entirely over. It's a very frustrating issue to deal with. Have tried to be supportive of this game as when I can pay its really fun, but with all these disconnect or no-connect issues I don't know how much longer I will continue to play and support GGG.

I've tried all the fixes and changes and reinstalling all to no avail.

Please have a look at these issues and see if anything can be done.

Thanks.
This is an issue that's been present for me since I started playing: getting into the game often takes 2-3 attempts. Once I've loaded in properly it's often fine, but now that I'm mapping again, there's about a 30% chance that I'm booted back to the main menu when I load into an area.

Annoying, to say the least.
This happens to me on a daily basis.

It seems like the game server kicks me out for taking too long to load. Whenever I load into any zone, I can hear my hard drive working hard extracting and loading game assets. The pair of gears or cog wheels spin and then disappear after 10 seconds, while my hard drive continues to run hard to load the zone. Then, either I successfully load into the zone after 35~45 seconds, or I lost connection and get kick out to the main menu.

I think maybe it's GGG having their servers set up in such a way where the timeout threshold is way too low and a lot of people are taking longer to finish loading up within that time to not get their connection kicked.
So I've tried all suggested fixes and nothing works. This sitting I've been disconnected 15 times in a row. I've had like ten minutes of gameplay in an hour. This is completely unacceptable, GGG. Please fix your poop.
Last edited by Skadrel on Dec 29, 2017, 2:27:39 PM
I used to have these dc issues on my old pc, can't remember the hardware in it but rest assured it wasn't great! Ever since I upgrade to a new rig (I5 7600k, 16gb ram, 1070Ti, SSD) I have had 0 issues with this game.
Based on what I have heard when discussing this issue with others is that no one with a decent rig is having issues, only people with unsuitable hardware to run the game well are having issues.
I've seen people with 24 gigs of RAM and SSD having the issue. I've got better specs than my SO and she's fine, while I can barely play, soo... AFAIK nobody figured the reason out 100%.
I have the same issue. It's been bearable in the middle of the week, but currently I can't even proceed through act 5 as I can't get to a waypoint without disconnections. Changing various graphic settings or gateways doesn't help.
At this point the gameis unplayable.
I'm getting same thing since 3.1. Please fix this GGG. It makes trading a real hassle. You offer a trade, they accept, then you get booted porting to them. It's a pain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info