Constant disconnects when loading zones

Was the same for me. I checked my path of exile start up options in steam and I had --nopreload in as an option.

Deleted that and now zones load faster and I've not had any crashes since (only 30 minutes ... but before I was lucky if it didn't crash when I moved zone).

Not sure why I had nopreload in there ... I think it was to fix a problem with another version ... but if you've been playing for a while it's worth checking the steam options (Right click on Path of Exile in library, properties, Set launch options).

Hope that helps someone!

ZZ
"
Pikathlhu wrote:
Same issue, runs smooth in DX11 but disconnect when loading.

DX9 and DX9-ex don't disconnect as much, but my FPS drops from a consistent 60FPS to about 15FPS.

Game ran fine before 3.0.

Would just like to add I have this exact issue. People have suggested switching to DX9, but my FPS plummets, even if there are fewer disconnects. I tried DX9-ex, but then I'm getting the same terrible FPS on top of black boxes replacing spell effects and ground/creature textures.
You can try a couple of things,

1. Disable all MTX
2. Run Defrag on your HDD
3. Switch to a server that is not your home Region during Prime (US for EU players, Asia for Oceanic, EU for US)
4. Delete Shader Cache folder at your Path of Exile document folder

I did all these things and don´t face the problem anymore. I believe switching my home region did the trick, but you never know. There was a DC issue with MTX during Beta, so maybe it carried over.

In the end, don´t upgrade or repair your PC, there is nothing broken :) it´s something GG needs to fix, not you.
I am having the exact same problem. It takes two tries minimum to load from the login screen. It then takes at least two tries to load the next instance. I also crash every time I'm in an instance and try going back to town.

Today in 8 eight hours of play I spent at least two hours logging back or trying to get to an instance or from that instance back to town.

If I wasn't a dedicated player I would have given up.

It isn't unusual to experience problems with an upgrade and it usually sorts itself out in time. I hope this is resolved soon cause the next time I crash like this I'm gonna drop down and bite the carpet.
still no gg reply?
Getting out of memory disconnects, despite having 16 gigs of ram.

I've been progressively crashing more and more upon entering new areas, as I progress through the game. Up until now I've powered through it (although I doubt a casual or new player would). Now that I've reached the entrance to Oriath Square, I crash every time I attempt to load the area. It's not fun anymore. Some kind of fix or work-around is needed.
Last edited by slably on Aug 8, 2017, 7:26:06 PM
Just got hit with this bug this afternoon. Zoned into act 5, popped RF and instantly crashed to desktop. Now, I get nothing but "Failed to connect to instance" errors to the point where I can't do anything. All characters stuck because I can't load the next instance, booted to main menu screen, rinse and repeat. What a waste of time
Was going wonderfully until near the end of act9. Can't load rotting core at all. I've tried -gc 2, tried DX settings, tried lowering all my display settings, tried closing everything else and raising the client priority, etc... 8 times in a row now I've fought through belly of the beast to the rotting core, and 8 times now it times out at the loading screen... my progression has been halted, and it was such an awesome experience up until this... I don't know what else to try...
Are we sure this isn't a network issue?

I changed ISPs over launch weekend. Prior to the change I was running fine (except for the launch server instability everyone experienced), but after I swapped I started experiencing this issue (Sunday 8/6).

I had Comcast/Xfinity before the change, but I now have WOW!

Have tried all the suggestions I've seen in this thread, but to no avail. My disconnects don't seem to be related to loading zones, though. They happen randomly at any time. They definitely ramp up in frequency over an attempted game session.
Mine seems to deal with a specific map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info