Unplayable Graphics all over in 3.0

yeah same as you guys, exactly the same problem, Any solution ?
I had the exact same graphics problem. Was able to get it fairly playable (lags\stops for a few seconds once and awhile) by changing the directx version to 9 or 9ex, I changed it in the production_config.ini first then realized its in the options, you just have to scroll down, d'oh.

There is a thread that tells you how to get to it and explains some options (from an older version here?):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/177500

I think the one setting that made the difference was "directx_version=auto" to "directx_version=9" or "directx_version=9ex". When opening the game there is a new graphics option selection I did not see before called DirectX version. I have not tried 11.

I have to play on much lower settings than I used to.

Good luck.
Last edited by fornickeight on Aug 6, 2017, 3:06:15 AM
hit esc and click options and under graphics uncheck dynamic resolution and it looked waaaay better.
i had the same Problem.

alopez1409 suggestion worked fine for me.
Glad I'm not the only one.
"
alopez1409 wrote:
hit esc and click options and under graphics uncheck dynamic resolution and it looked waaaay better.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked. ^_^
"
alopez1409 wrote:

Just wanted to post saying that this worked for me also. MUCH BETTER.
I have the same pixel bug than yours . I wish they will fix that graphic bug or i cannot play anymore and i will leave at level 94 this game . Before 3.0 patch , my poe launcher and the graphic was working number one .
Last edited by dale1234111 on Aug 9, 2017, 5:30:13 PM
Some items like the banners of hatred in the lunaris temple also drop fps by an amount of 45 when in DX 9 an by 30 when in Dx11. It's freaking ridiculous that 1 small blue flag with a frost effect drops ur FPS to unplayable.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
All my water is black (and white for the foam) and I get very low fps even on lowest settings after the 3.0 update.

Any official responses to it? Any fixes or advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info