Sound Crackling

There has been a problem with audio, I think very few people are experiencing it though. It sounds like sharp spikes of static and it is super annoying as well as painful if your audio is loud. I changed my sound setting from high channel count, to low and that seemed to fix it for now but when I change back to high channel setting it messes up again. It sounds like a loose wire conenction or something but it isn't because I switched and chaecked all my headphone, dac and amp wires and it only happens in PoE.. Soon as it starts I tried playing other audio and it doesn't happen at all. I thought it was just me until I saw a few people in some twitch streamers' chat talking about it as well as on global.
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2018, 4:58:46 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes I have this issue too... really annoying
Yes i can confirm this problem.
Same problem for me. Never happened before 3.0.

The background music doesn't seem to be affected. Only effects and dialogue stutter and crackle (and maybe ambient, but I haven't noticed that yet).
The dumb is strong in this one
My audio was fine until about 5 mins a go.....then started popping out of no where after visiting the library to buy a skill jewel./.

Sounds like some of the audio files are corrupted..... or are now corrupted after I visited the library......

I've tried it with 3 different pairs of headphones and 1 dac/amp Grace Design M9XX, Schiit Fulla 2, Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Schiit Magni 2 Uber and Schiit Vali 2 as well as my onboard. Everytime I try to switch back to high channel count it gets worse again. When I'm on low channel count it's never happened and once it happened on medium channel count. I really do think it has something to do with the game because I've tested several different headphones, headphone cables, and sources and nothing else has ever made these crackling noises for me except on poe. I heard the same thing on the beta a couple times but it was never this bad.
I've tried it with 3 different pairs of headphones and 1 dac/amp Grace Design M9XX, Schiit Fulla 2, Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Schiit Magni 2 Uber and Schiit Vali 2 as well as my onboard. Everytime I try to switch back to high channel count it gets worse again. When I'm on low channel count it's never happened and once it happened on medium channel count. I really do think it has something to do with the game because I've tested several different headphones, headphone cables, and sources and nothing else has ever made these crackling noises for me except on poe. I heard the same thing on the beta a couple times but it was never this bad.
This is a pesky one. Had it during beta, then it got fixed, then it happened again, then it got fixed, and now it's at it again.

I too, sadly have the same issue. really detracts from the over all experience.
I had the problem too, after a game restart it was fixed for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info