[3.3] BloodFlurry (18+ mill dps), Instant Leech, Inc. Hardcore Version (Elder/Shaper/Guardians/Uber)

"
Why Blade Flurry has such a great dps (Total DPS) advantage (in Path of Building), comparing to other skills (Static Strike, Frost Blades, Wild Strike, Molten Strike, etc).

It is disbalance. BF was nerfed seweral times already, and it is still OP. But it is not that good for map clearing.

Also mention that Molten strike is pretty good as single target skill too. Little worse then BF, but it is very decent.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Does elemental focus work with the build?
I am thinking about swap dmg on full life with elemental focus.

I ran a simulation in POB and elemental focus gave higher dps than dmg on full life,
while the tooltip in game does not say the same thing.
IGN: MidNightess
Last edited by Stockpiles on Oct 13, 2017, 6:33:54 PM
"
Stockpiles wrote:

I ran a simulation in POB and elemental focus gave higher dps than dmg on full life,

If you use elemental focus then you won't be able to "shock" enemies, the main reason why we use moonbender's wing is because it converts some of the damage to lightning to provide us with shock.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
"
Stockpiles wrote:

If you use elemental focus then you won't be able to "shock" enemies, the main reason why we use moonbender's wing is because it converts some of the damage to lightning to provide us with shock.

You're not shocking bosses anyways. Ofc the white mobs you use in your PoB bullshit, there it works, not like it matters then.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
You can actually shock. It is just need a very good gear to make shock bonus notable.

Also:
Yes, the lightning damage is only 25%, but mention, that Blade flurry channeling is shifting: you deal small damage at the start, but very high when you release after 6th stage. ALSO MENTION that ruthless support affects that released strike and multiplies that dmg by more than 2 times. And shock lasts for some seconds, so you apply a shock with good magnitude by this strikes.
According to his own pastebin, lightning damage contributes to only 9% of total damage.
Even if you deal 1 million damage in one single hit with amazing, hundreds +++ of exalts worth of gear, only 90k of it is lightning.
90k out of 20 million (assumed Shaper health) is 0.45%. You are shocking an end-game boss for a whooping 2% more damage with close to mirror tier gear.
With something more reasonable, like 50 exalt worth of gear, you probably won't be shocking anything at all. Trash that can be shocked, on the other hand, will most likely die anyway before you shock it for any noticeble amount.

Therefore, its better to just stick to Elemental Focus and not Damage on Full life, since burning/desecrated ground/poison/aoe dots/degens/taking damage in general makes you lose the dps bonus.
Not to mention, you could use Blood Rage without loosing dps, but gaining it.

"
And ofc, this guy get some support from noobs, who want guide maker to make a strong character for each of them personally. They dont want to perform any activity to reach the goal by themselves, just a button to pwn anything. Why not play Diablo 3 then?
The point of a guide is to provide gear/gem/tree options, and enough thought put into it to guide the players who want to follow it.
Once you start saying they need to figure out on their own how to make a build work on a <10-15ex budget, thread stops being a build guide and becomes item showcase.
Once you advertise the 160% life build as playable with great life rolls on all gear and call it safe (and when great deal of life comes from expensive jewels), and do not take into account that people might run it with lower level, lower life on gear or no life on jewels, you are either an idiot or you lead these poor players into a trap on purpose, just to get more subscribers and money.

"
And the last. The truth is: any person on this forum can write almost anything he wants to. Read this guide or not - is up to you. Try it or not - is up to you (yeah, i m talking to you). If you dont like a build - dont play it. Period.
False advertising makes new people pick his build over every other one, just because of his total perfect gear dps claims against white mobs and expensive gear he uses on his promotional material.
Because of it, new players are playing his suboptimal build, and overlook plenty of better, less loud builds.

Just look how players with 50+ ex invested praise this build while all the 1-15ex guys complain about constant deaths in tier 13+.
Newsflash: once you invest over 50ex into attack build, it simply cannot suck, no matter how bad it is in comparison to other builds.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Oct 14, 2017, 11:43:37 AM
"
You can actually shock. It is just need a very good gear to make shock bonus notable.

Also:
Yes, the lightning damage is only 25%, but mention, that Blade flurry channeling is shifting: you deal small damage at the start, but very high when you release after 6th stage. ALSO MENTION that ruthless support affects that released strike and multiplies that dmg by more than 2 times. And shock lasts for some seconds, so you apply a shock with good magnitude by this strikes.

Exactly. Ignore the haters my friend, a wall doesn't think back.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
Bristoling wrote:
According to his own pastebin, lightning damage contributes to only 9% of total damage.
Even if you deal 1 million damage in one single hit with amazing, hundreds +++ of exalts worth of gear, only 90k of it is lightning.
90k out of 20 million (assumed Shaper health) is 0.45%. You are shocking an end-game boss for a whooping 2% more damage with close to mirror tier gear.
With something more reasonable, like 50 exalt worth of gear, you probably won't be shocking anything at all. Trash that can be shocked, on the other hand, will most likely die anyway before you shock it for any noticeable amount.

I think you make a point if the calculation was correct.

The only reason I am still using dmg on full life is that I am using the touch of anguish, which grants a frenzy charge when a frozen enemy is killed. I think it will be better to use elemental focus if one is using a rare claw as it provides more stable dmg boosts.
IGN: MidNightess
"
The point of a guide is to provide gear/gem/tree options, and enough thought put into it to guide the players who want to follow it.
Once you start saying they need to figure out on their own how to make a build work on a <10-15ex budget, thread stops being a build guide and becomes item showcase.

I dont see any "cheap", "easy to play" or "beginner frendly" tag. It means that the guy, who reads that guide must recognise how game mechanics works at least. The author DOES NOT MUST solve every problem of each one, who tries that build. He just writes about his gaming experience: "Hey, guys, look at that and try by your own, if you want". Thats all. He is not a babysitter.

I dont interested in this conversation any more.
"
I dont see any "cheap", "easy to play" or "beginner frendly" tag. It means that the guy, who reads that guide must recognise how game mechanics works at least. The author DOES NOT MUST solve every problem of each one, who tries that build. He just writes about his gaming experience: "Hey, guys, look at that and try by your own, if you want". Thats all. He is not a babysitter.

I dont interested in this conversation any more.
No one says the author has to help EVERY single individual. But the reason why so many people ask about help is because this build is bad without good amount of currency invested and extremely rippy due to low life amounts, lack of defenses and damage on full life, which is basically a -1 link if you were hit and reduces your leech until you are back to full health, which is deadly vs top end-bosses and low currency invested.
Maybe all the people who cannot afford the entry point of such a build wouldn't be trying it out if it wasn't for the author advertising his build as "hey, this is how many million dps we can deal with cheap unique Touch of Anquish", which is a false statement as other gear used in that pastebin is enough to guarantee you 7 million dps with a freaking white claw.

And no, this doesn't prove that the build is great that it can reach this kind of damage. It proves that with a few hundred exalts worth of gear you can get 7 million dps with a white claw, or 17 million with a cheap unique, which is true for 99% of attack builds out there.
At the same time it makes potential players believe that with such low gear investment as ToA alone they can get millions of dps.

"
Exactly. Ignore the haters my friend, a wall doesn't think back.
Same as you. You don't defend your own build or take criticism, and your practices of advertising your builds with bullshit dps numbers are so widely known, someone even started a series of "bullshit builds" with this very build as first episode. Just read some reddit responses about you and your builds.
It's not even that you artificially inflate dps values to grab attention (who needs total fully buffed dps against a white mob with few hundred ex worth of gear?), or that your builds are bad (it's decent, there are better ones out there and worse ones as well), its that condescending attitude and claiming that your build is perfectly optimized because you know best, when really there are more optimized and flexible builds out there. Also, not taking criticism in a good way to improve your build, instead being stubborn about everything other people and myself brought up.

"
The only reason I am still using dmg on full life is that I am using the touch of anguish, which grants a frenzy charge when a frozen enemy is killed. I think it will be better to use elemental focus if one is using a rare claw as it provides more stable dmg boosts.
Without Damage on Full life you can use Blood Rage without any disadvantages.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info