[3.0] The Crimson Cleave Juggernaut (from Zero to white maps)

Thanks firemind13, I got a bit confused by Path of Building, when I put the cursor on Overwhelming odds it also showed the amount of strength allocated and I was not really familiar with how threshold jewels work.
I corrected my mistake and will see how far I can come.
"

First, get rid of Deidbell.
Defense wise it has no HP, no resists and cuts leech when in you're in trouble. Too much of a trade for just some small flat physical damage and even Deidbellow will not justify it.
An okay armor-based helm will help you to max out resists if you don't have it.

Second, Your helm, belt, boots, amulet and one ring have no life on it.
I think low life and this build's general tankiness against physical damage makes it look like you're suffering from elemental damage. But you just need more beef. Check out my gear in the second post of this thread or character Haogru in my profile.

Third, and this is general survivability advise, one of your life flasks should be either
(most people do this)
or
(I prefer this)
Instant healing is a must for regular life-based characters.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I'm now on 5.3k life and having an easier time. There are, of course, map mods that can kill me quite easily when paired with the wrong mobs.

Also I got myself some new Items:
Spoiler

I have to say again: your build is very good and fun to play especially in SSF. I did not have a hard time to gear myself up until now.

So...

I'm on tier 10 / 11 Maps at the moment, and I feel that I've hit a wall. I can clear the maps, but die every other time. Also I struggle with UL.

Lvl 89 with 6,6k HP. res is: F: 76 C:66 L:60 Chaos: -60

My gear:

Spoiler

Maybe I'm expecting too much, or have a wrong understanding of lategame mapping. I've not played since the rogue exile update and I've never had a char in the high 80's, level wise.

I would be grateful for any tips. :)
Last edited by riseandshine on Sep 6, 2017, 3:38:30 AM
The elemental resists you've posted are full-charged or in town?
If full-charged - that's the problem.
If not - then there's slight possibility that you got caught with big elemental hit and without Endurance Charges.
Max those out as first priority.
As far as I know, most people don't date to enter yellow maps without max resists.

Unfortunately, I play very little these days so have not tried anything past tier 6...
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info