[3.2 Viable] Sidefx Cthulhu Arrow (CA) Destroy Shaper and Elder Maps!

Wow, lots of good community information here guys, thanks! :)
Why are the increased duration gem lvl 5?
Why are the increased duration gem level 5?
"
wholewitt wrote:
A few things i wanted to note based off the POB research I've done.

For Dmg, Occultist Void Beacon is better than all the other damage related trickster

Ascendancy nodes. Pretty easy to check yourself in PoB.

If you can't afford witchfire brew flask or want a budget option you can consider spending 5 points taking the 4% reduced mana node under CI as well as the nodes to charisma for a total of 16% reduced mana reserved. Doing so leaves you able to run discipline, blasphemy vuln and temp chains and still have 10% unreserved mana to use CA with (low but doable).

Empower is only worth using if you have it level 4. Otherwise these links are more dps: CA, Damage on full life, Conc Effect, Swift Affliction, Void manip, and Slower proj. Swapping Slower proj for pierce isn't a huge dmg loss if want to save the pierce nodes until late game which is what I plan on doing.

Decay is nice for single target but since it applies to hits it won't effect the cloud dmg. A dread essence craft of porcupine bow for +2 to bow gems will end up helping your damage for clear much more than the decay craft and still leaves room for the chance of that lucky +1 on top of the +2. Also gives you a shot of still having room for leo DOT craft.

Even after all of this I'm a bit worried that CA dmg isn't even close to a T1 skill ATM. I'm still going to try it out though. With almost all things perfect, +3 bow, lvl 21 CA, witchfire, frenzy charges, the dps I'm getting is 99.8 k DOT.

I do like the use of the intuitive leap for Overcharged as I've been trying to think of ways to get frenzy charges without it being a pain.

Agree on everything except for the Decay part. Decay in itself scales so much better than going for a +3 bow. If you look it up in PoB you can check for yourself. Decay DPS is at least 10k easily with our tree. Adding wither in to there is when it really shows. Clearing trash is not a problem with this build, doing bosses is the challenge.

I've checked your statement about occultist and have to agree that the dmg potential of occultist is way higher. Trickster is adding a small layer layer of defenses and having higher ES, but I highly doubt that's worth it. The trickster nodes aren't truly great for the build.

CA is certainly not a T1 skill and ES won't be a T1 choice for a while. It's not as safe as before. Without any form of leech our build can feel very squishy.
"
Zywroh wrote:
Wow, lots of good community information here guys, thanks! :)

My community is very good. Im a happy dad ;)
"

Agree on everything except for the Decay part.

I aggree with bosses being the only hard part. I think the best option for bosses is going to be the new lvl 22 blight gloves to swap in. Im unable to check now but I've heard you get roughly 45k dps per blight stack. That and a decay bow swap is also an option for bosses.
so you guys recommend occu atm for endgame maps/bosses?and if you do u have a pob for it aswell :)? Cause got a 90~ occu aswell this league prob change than^^ and rly nice work guys learned a lot. cheers ♥
Last edited by Puep on Aug 16, 2017, 8:21:28 PM
hello i got nice bow for sell in HARBINGER +2bow +decay + DOT
"
wholewitt wrote:
A few things i wanted to note based off the POB research I've done.

For Dmg, Occultist Void Beacon is better than all the other damage related trickster

Ascendancy nodes. Pretty easy to check yourself in PoB.

If you can't afford witchfire brew flask or want a budget option you can consider spending 5 points taking the 4% reduced mana node under CI as well as the nodes to charisma for a total of 16% reduced mana reserved. Doing so leaves you able to run discipline, blasphemy vuln and temp chains and still have 10% unreserved mana to use CA with (low but doable).

Empower is only worth using if you have it level 4. Otherwise these links are more dps: CA, Damage on full life, Conc Effect, Swift Affliction, Void manip, and Slower proj. Swapping Slower proj for pierce isn't a huge dmg loss if want to save the pierce nodes until late game which is what I plan on doing.

Decay is nice for single target but since it applies to hits it won't effect the cloud dmg. A dread essence craft of porcupine bow for +2 to bow gems will end up helping your damage for clear much more than the decay craft and still leaves room for the chance of that lucky +1 on top of the +2. Also gives you a shot of still having room for leo DOT craft.

Even after all of this I'm a bit worried that CA dmg isn't even close to a T1 skill ATM. I'm still going to try it out though. With almost all things perfect, +3 bow, lvl 21 CA, witchfire, frenzy charges, the dps I'm getting is 99.8 k DOT.

I do like the use of the intuitive leap for Overcharged as I've been trying to think of ways to get frenzy charges without it being a pain.

Thank you for the in-depth post!
so, i have 21k dps in hideout now, can some1 do a gear check and tell me wths next?
the regalis can get ~650 es now, right? so atziris armour is good right ? (550es + 20 all res/price) cause i already have my res all +75%
wth gems should i put quality +20% first?

tyty,
waiting for the videos (show u gear, gems, etc) !!
Last edited by matheus18 on Aug 18, 2017, 11:23:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info