[3.2 Viable] Sidefx Cthulhu Arrow (CA) Destroy Shaper and Elder Maps!

"
matheus18 wrote:
man, big changes for life to es tree
will need 99 regrets ;(

waiting for answers (leveling after 50s, wth quiver, itens, and when change to es (lvl=?), es if fine (nerf?) or make a life CA trickster?)

I have been leveling with an alternative of this. Changed a few points but it's mostly the same. The build is very strong when you reach lvl 68 and can get your regalia. Like 7k ES is easily doable. Getting your last ascendancy will net you another 1k of ES.

I've leveled with ~1k hp and 3k ES for the last 3 acts. That worked fine so I didn't have to take any life nodes at all. Switching to CI didn't cost me any regrets.

Good thing of the build is the amount of rares. Not a single moment will you feel starved for getting res on items. You can easily work out with an average of ~50 res on items and then get some jewelry.

My advice would be to skip Eye of Chayula and go for an ES amulet since this well net you with higher ES. The major god power can prevent the deadly stunlocks. Thanks for the build!

PS: your gem links can be better since pierce on essence drain doesn't work anymore. For CA I've played in PoB and got the best result with the following setup:

CA - Pierce - Swift Aflliction - Damage on Full Life - Void Manipulation - Concentrated Effect. The moment I get to the keystone Piercing shots I will drop Pierce for slower projectiles till I can afford an Empower lvl 4.
Last edited by dommerick on Aug 8, 2017, 8:48:13 AM
I will definitely be trying my luck with this build :) Thanks for the guide! Recently RIP'd my first time going hardcore in a league and had been looking at CA and what to support it with for future characters.

My main concern is that I've never done a CI build, at what point should I plan on swapping to CI? That's the only thing I'm worried about in particular, especially on HC.

I made it to 71 with what I THOUGHT was a hella durable 2h cyclone Scion then I encountered Magnus in a factory strongbox and ate a flameblast that 1 shot me through max res :(

Thanks very much for the build, it's definitly fun to play!
But I have one question. Why do you take the "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" passive node? In your gem setup you're just using temp chains.

doing something similar on my occultist

btw, Melee Damage on Full Life is now "Attack" Damage on Full Life and is a better gem them Slower Projectiles
merp merp
"
Navac wrote:

doing something similar on my occultist

btw, Melee Damage on Full Life is now "Attack" Damage on Full Life and is a better gem them Slower Projectiles

Thanks! didn't take notice. Will be doing a overhaul on all my builds be sure to keep a eye out!
Thanks for the build guide! I'm looking to try this as my next league character. I have a couple questions/thoughts about the mechanics of caustic arrow.
  • I know multiple degen clouds don't stack, but how does the game know which cloud to prioritize in the event of multiple clouds having different DPS values?
  • Is it worth trying to add poison into the build? We're already stacking a bunch of DoT and Chaos damage increases. Seems like getting multiple poison stacks might be difficult given the playstyle of this build. (On a related note, does the new poison mechanic still scale on a crit, or is it calculated off pre-crit damage?)
  • Is there a specific reason you didn't settle for Pierce on the skill tree, which would let you replace the Pierce gem with something stronger? Something like: CA → Void Manip → Slower Proj → Dmg on Full Life → Conc Effect → Empower
  • Could you explain the choice to use ED alongside CA? I've heard some people say that ED is just a better build overall than CA... does its inclusion here validate that claim?
  • Guide should mention that CA MTX is 100% mandatory :)

Thanks again for the great guide!
i have a 4 link silverbough, is the +2 to caustic arrow better or worse than a 6 link bow with just decay?
i'm prolly missing something, but why is essence drain here?
"
Bames_Jond wrote:
Thanks very much for the build, it's definitly fun to play!
But I have one question. Why do you take the "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" passive node? In your gem setup you're just using temp chains.

the second curse is from Witchfire Flask (vulnerability)
merp merp
Sidefx is live atm if you have any questions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info